Dayara Bugyal Trek Via Barsu
Mode of Transportation
Summary of Dayara Bugyal Trek Via Barsu
|Summary||Dayara Bugyal Trek Via Barsu|
|Price After Discount||7500|
Dayara Bugyal Trek Via Barsu
Dayara Bugyal is one of the most beautiful high altitude meadows of the country located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. Perched at an altitude of 3408 metres above sea level, this meadow has everything a trekker wishes for. Equally beautiful throughout the year, Dayara Bugyal covers an astonishing area of 28 km and is among the highest and largest meadows of the country which attracts hundreds of tourists and trekkers from all over the country. With a magnificient views of Himalayan peaks like Mt. Bandarpoonch, Kalanag, Jaonli, Srikanth, and the Gangotri group of Peaks.
The trek to Dayara Bugyal starts from a small village called Barsu which is 40 km from Uttarkashi. The trek to Dayara Bugyal is of 10 km and is of easy to medium grade. The trail passes through thick coniferous forests and then opens to a vast grassland i.e. Dayara Bugyal passing through a lake called Barnala Tal midway. A small temple is situated in Barnala Tal dedicated to Lord Shiva. This trek is open throughout the year and offers different views seasonly. It is also a perfect skiing location for the skiing lovers in the months of January and February.
Watch our video below for the trails and views:-
Why choose this trek?
- The trail being of easy to moderate level, it requires less fitness levels and is suitable to every age group and people as compared to other Himalayan treks.
- Trek to one of the Highest meadows of the country
- Accessible throughout the year and is beautiful in all seasons. Greenery from Apr – Oct and Snow laden trails from Nov-Mar
- A small trek offering bigger mountain experiences
- Easy Trek which can be done by any one. Lesser efforts with greater rewards
- A complete peace offering place at the summit view.
- The trek offers a complete 360 degree view of mighty Himalayan peaks. Mt. Bandarpoonch, Mt Jaonli, Mt. Srikanth and Mt. Draupadi ka Danda seems at an arms distance from the Bugyal
Difficulty Level : Easy
Day01: Haridwar to Barsu Campsite
Altitude: 2000 metres, 230 km drive and 2 km trek
- The trekkers will be picked up from Haridwar Bus/Railway Station at 6.00.a.m. from where the journey will begin. Haridwar is well connected with Delhi through railway and road route. Overnight Buses and Trains are available.
- A 230 km road ride to Barsu from Haridwar crossing the cities of Rishikesh, Chamba and Uttarkashi. Breakfast and lunch during the travel will be provided in the road side inns and will be paid by the individuals.
- Arrival at Barsu village, followed by a 2 km trek to Barsu campsite. Bonfire, dinner and rest at the campsite followed by a quick introduction and briefing session with the trek leader and fellow travellers.
Day02: Barsu Camp site to Dayara Bugyal
Altitude: 3408 metres, 16 km trek
- Early morning departure to Barnala tal and Dayara Bugyal from the campsite after the breakfast covering a distance of 8 km.
- The trail is of medium grade and will pass through coniferous forests.
- The trail to Dayara Bugyal has less water pick points so carry 1-2 litres of water individually in order to avoid dehydration.
- Packed lunch at Dayara Top and then excursion back to the campsite.
- Evening refreshments and dinner at the campsite followed by rest at the camp
Day03: Barsu Campsite to Haridwar
Altitude: 2000 metres, 2 km trek and 230 km drive
- A 2 km descend trek back to Barsu from the campsite after the breakfast.
- A 230 km drive back to Haridwar from Barsu village.
- Lunch and evening snacks will be provided in the road side inns.
- Expected time of arrival in Haridwar will be 10.p.m. So you can plan your travel furthur accordingly.
Essentials to carry with you on this Trek.
A brief video on Trek Essentials:-
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Light Towel,Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy