About Nainital: Nainital is a Hill Station in the Kumaon region of India’s Uttarakhand state, at an average elevation of roughly 2,000m. Formerly a British hill station, it’s set around Nainital Lake, a popular boating site with Naina Devi Hindu Temple on its north shore. A cable car runs to Snow View observation point (at 2,270m), with vistas over the town and mountains tops like Cheena Peak, Snow View, Tip N Top. It is also a education hub with few of the best schools of the country.
Places of Interest
It is a perfect destination and has too much to offer.
- Picnic Spots- Cheena Peak, Snow View, Tip N Top- These are the 3 tops of the mountains surrounding the Nainital Lake. Cheena peak being the highest one. You may easily day hike any of them.
- Mall Road and Flats- Every hill station has a mall road but Nainital it is an experience in itself. A walk on the road will leave you in awe. Flats has the famous Tibetan market, if you are a shopping lover it is the place for you.
- Boating- It is one of the activities which is a must do if you are travelling to Nainital. Different kind of boats are available for boating
- Zoo- It also has a zoo with number of Himalayan Birds, Leopards, Himalayan Bear and Tiger
- Hanuman Garhi Temple- Around 3 kms from the main town, Hanuman garhi temple is a prominent temple near Nainital and is a very peaceful place.
- Lake Tour- There are many lakes around Nainital at a radius of around 20 kms, you can visit all three of them in a day tour. These lakes are Sat tal, Bhimtal and Naukuchiyatal.
- Pangot- It is a picturesque hamlet for people looking for a peaceful getaway in the lapse of nature. It is also known for bird watching.
Boating in Nainital
Day 01: Delhi to Nainital. Arrival by Noon
- Leave Delhi around 6 AM in morning. Reach Nainital around 2:00 PM
- Check in Hotel. Refresh and leave for local sight seeing – Boating/Mall Raod/Flats
- Return to Hotel by evening
- Dinner followed by rest
Day 02: Lake Tour – Sat Tal, Bhimtal, Naukuchiyatal
- Breakfast in hotel
- After Breakfast leave for lake tour
- Return to hotel by evening
- Dinner and rest
Day 03: Return to Delhi
- Check out of hotel after Breakfast
- Return to Delhi
- Arrival in Delhi by evening