Bedni Bugyal Trek
Bugyal the other name for high altitude grassland or meadow in local language of Mountains. Bedni Bugyal is among the few high altitude Bugyals of the country which has everything a trekker wishes for. Being a perfect example of modern day wallpaper, Bedni Bugyal is a high altitude Bugyal located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. Situated at an altitude of 3354 metres above sea level, this high alpine meadow serves as a mandatory camping spot during the trek to Roopkund Lake due to its magnificient views. One can surely sit here for hours gazing the grassland with snow clad Himalayan Peaks in the backdrop. Peaks visible from Bedni Bugyal are Mt. Trishul, Mt. Nanda Ghuti, Mt. Chaukhambha, Mt. Neelkanth. For a clear view and panoramic view of all the peaks one can trek to Bedni Top which is a 20 min hike from the Bugyal. Another piece of beauty is the Bedni Kund, which lies amidst the meadows. During the months of September and October one can easily spot Brahma Kamal, the state flower of Uttarakhand. The trek to Bedni Bugyal is of easy grade and does not demands physical level as of Roopkund lake so can be done by any age group.
Day 01: Kathgodam to Lohajung
Altitude: 2337 metres, 230 km drive, approx 8 hours
* Trekkers will be picked up from Kathgodam Railway/Bus Station at 6 a.m.
* 230 km ride to Lohajung in a cab through beautiful roads of Kumaon passing through Almora, Kausani, Gwaldam.
* Arrival at Lohajung by 6.p.m.
* Halt at the guest house/hotel in Lohajung.
* Dinner at Lohajung.
* A quick introduction with team members and fellow trekkers at the guest house.
Day 02: Lohajung to Wan to Gharoli Patal
Altitude: 3010 metres, 12 km drive and 7 km trek
* Excursion from Lohajung to Wan in a cab after breakfast, followed by a 7 km to Gharoli Patal.
* The trek commences from Wan village, with a initial steep climb followed by gradual walk.
* The trail passes through forest offering variety of flora and fauna with glimpses of Neelganga River along the way.
* Arrival at the campsite, followed by evening refreshments.
* Dinner at the campsite, followed by rest in the camps.
Day 03: Gharoli Patal to Ali Bugyal and Bedni Bugyal
Altitude: 3354 metres, 7 km trek
* Excursion to Bedni Bugyal from the campsite after breakfast.
* Bedni Bugyal is one of the most beautiful high altitude meadows with relatively easy grade crossing different meadows in between.
* The trail will pass through Ali Bugyal, another high meadow situated nearby Bedni Bugyal.
* Lunch at Ali Bugyal followed by sightseeing.
* Departure to Bedni Bugyal post lunch and sightseeing.
* Arrival at the Bedni Bugyal campsite followed by evening snacks.
* You may visit Bedni Kund after the refreshments.
* Dinner and overnight stay at the camps.
Day 04: Bedni Bugyal to Lohajung
Altitude: 2337 metres, 12 km trek and 12 km drive
* Morning hike to Bedni Top for a magnificient view of Himalayan Peaks.
* Excursion to Lohajung from Bedni campsite after breakfast.
* 13 km descend trek to Wan village crossing Gharoli Patal.
* 12 km drive from Wan village to Lohajung.
* Arrival at Lohajung in evening.
* Stay at a hotel/guest house in Lohajung.
* Dinner at Lohajung followed by rest in hotel.
Day05: Lohajung to Kathgodam
230 km drive
* Departure from Lohajung to Kathgodam after the breakfast
* 230 km ride back to Kathgodam via Gwaldam, Kausani, Almora,.
* Expected time of arrival 6 p.m
– Transportation from Kathgodam and back.
– All Trek cost: Food, Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Matts.
– Hotel stay in Lohajung on Day 1 and Day 4.
– Trek photographer
– Experienced Trek Leader and Guides
– Forest permits
– Medical Amenities – First Aid Kits
– Bon Fire in the campsite ( Depends on Forest rules )
Essentials to carry with you on this Trek.
A brief video on Trek Essentials:-
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Light Towel,Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
* This is a tentative itinerary, which may change depending on the weather conditions.
* In case of any natural calamity, the company will not be able to refund the trek charges.
* Persons suffering from Asthma, High Blood Pressure and Heart Problems cannot enroll to this trek.
* We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules a charge of 300/day is applicable
Summary of the Trek
|Summary||Bedni Bugyal Trek|
|Price After Discount||8800|