Jim Corbett National Park is one of the oldest National park of India named after the famous British hunter and naturalist. It is located in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand. It is home to the endangered Bengal Tiger. This is one the most visited National park in the country because of its wide range of flora and fauna along with beautiful landscapes. Other than tigers one can easily spot Leopards, deers, elephants, jackals, Himalayan black bear and different species of birds.
Places of Interest
It is known for jungle safari and animal sightings but there are other places of interest nearby:
- Corbett Fall- It is a 20 m high waterfall which is around 25 km from Ramnagar.
- Garjiya Devi Temple- It is a prominent temple located on the banks of Kosi River and is around 14 km from Ramnagar.
- Corbett Museum- It is the house of Jim Corbett which serves as a museum now
- Jeep Safari is the most common way to travel within the national park
Garjiya Devi temple
Day 01: Delhi to Ramnagar. Arrival by Noon
- Leave Delhi around 6 AM in morning. Reach Ramnagar around 1:00 PM.
- Check in Resort. Refresh and leave for local sight seeing
- Return to Resort by evening.
- Dinner followed by rest
Day 02: Jungle Safari and Return to Delhi
- Leave for Early Morning Jungle Safari in Corbett National Park.
- Return to hotel by 10:00 AM
- Check out and Leave for Delhi
- Arrival in Delhi by Evening