Mahendrapur:The Jungle Safari
Mahendrapur:The Jungle Safari
About Mahendrapur Located just a hour drive away from Dehradun, this campsite offers you a perfect weekend getaway with a blend of Nature, Music, Bonfire, Adventure and much more. It is situated on the banks of the river Song and is an ideal place for weekend getaways for friends, families and corporate groups.
The Camp is a complete offbeat jungle retreat surrounded by river streams, mountains, waterfalls and spectacular river- side treks to provide a unique holiday experience for everyone. One can soak in the cool waters of river Song, go for nature walks, play games or simply enjoy bird watching here.
For a more adventurous and thrilling experience activities like Rock Climbing, Rapelling, Flying Fox, Rope Walk and Burma Bridge are also available
Places of Interest
- Tapkeshwar Temple –The ancient temple sits on the banks of Asan River and inside the Drona Cave. One of the main attractions of the place is its Shivalinga, which is continuously bathed by the trickling waters coming from the cave’s ceiling. The cave, within which Tapkeshwar Temple is situated, sits amidst beautiful hills making it a nature lover’s ideal destination. Shivaratri is celebrated with much pomp and show at this temple.
- Robber’s Cave – Popularly known as Guchhupani, cave is 600 m long and is divided into two parts. The central part of this cave has a tall fort like structure, while else where you can find 10 metres high waterfall! While inside the cave you can view many strange occurrences. You might sight a stream appearing all of a sudden and then vanishing underground again. There is also a narrow gorge inside the cave, which offers a thrilling bare foot walking experience.
- Sahastradhara – Situated 11 KM from Dehradun city, water of this scenic waterfall is known for its medicinal properties. Once at the waterfall you will find an assortment of Sulphur springs formed by water dripping from limestone stalactites.A dip in this waterfall is known to cure many long term skin ailments. After you have taken a refreshing bath, just sit on a rock and enjoy the beauty of Sahastrashara. The waterfall is surrounded by a cave and the Baldi River gently flows by. There is also a ropeway nearby which can take you to the hill top. From this vantage point you can get panoramic views of the surroundings
- Monastery – The present day structure was constructed in 1965 by Khochhen Rinpoche in 1965. The monastery is one of the finest specimens of Tibetan architecture in India.The monastery was built by more than 50 expert artists and it took three years to complete. The walls of this monastery are decorated with paintings depicting various phases in Lord Buddha’s life. There is also a 220 feet high and 100 sq. feet wide Stupa inside this monastery. Known as the Great Stupa, it is supposed to be the largest Stupa in Asia. You would be awestruck at the enormity of this stupa.
- Dehradun Zoo – Formerly known as Malsi Deer Park, the Dehradun Zoo is one of the famous tourist places of Dehradun. It is built on the objectives of ex-situ conservation of wild animals, biodiversity conservation, to develop as an education centre and a Rescue centre for wild animals. Idyllically situated in the serene surroundings of the city, the Dehradun Zoo is one of the best places to visit on the way to Mussoorie. This zoo is developed as a mini-zoological park and offers a resplendent view of the ethereal natural beauty enveloping the area.
- Forest Research Institute (F.R.I.) – Institute, spread over an area of about 2000 acres, was established in 1906. This beautiful estate is home to some of the largest and the best forestry research establishments in the world. The majestic main building of F.R.I. is an architectural marvel in itself. Built in Greco-Roman colonial style, this building includes six forestry related museums (on social forestry, pathology, silviculture, timber, non-wood forest products and entomology) which are very popular amongst the tourists.
- Mussoorie – the Queen of Hills, is an extremely popular hill station that garners praise from travelers all over the world. Its landscape is made up of dense green slopes, cascading waterfalls, winding roads, and streets dotted with old colonial-style buildings and charming bazaars. Located only about 35km from Dehradun, Mussoorie has something for every age group, making it an ideal destination for a family holiday
- Services Offered at Mahendrapur :-
– Rock climbing and Rapelling
– Raft Building
– Water Sports at Private Lake
– Open Amphitheatre
– Bird Watching
– Star Gazing
– Movie watching underneath the stars
– River Side cooking
– Adventure park
– Cave trek
Other places nearby Mahendrapur : Dehradun, Kanatal , Musoorie, Dhanaulti, Tehri, Rishikesh. Haridwar
Day 1: Arrival at Mahendrpur Campsite.
- Welcome Drinks at Arrival.
- Breakfast @ lounge
- Program brief and program expectation, Introduction to the team members and main facilitator
- Team Activities : Raft Building, Zip Line, Treasure Hunt
- Lunch @ the camp
- Trek to 500 yrs. old Cave & Mahendrapur Haveli
- Bonfire with music, Evening Snacks
Day 2:Early morning wake-up call & energizer.
- Breakfast @ Camp (In the Lounge)
- Adventure Activities: Rappelling & Rock climbing
- Departure from the Campsite.
- Reach Delhi around 9pm.