Lansdowne is a cantonment town in Pauri District of Uttarakhand. It is one of the oldest hill stations of the state and is also the headquarter of the Garhwal Regiment of the Indian Army. It is named after the Viceroy of India Lord Lansdowne. It is a small picturesque hill station perfect for a weekend. It is one of the most peaceful hill stations of India. It has old churches and a Museum of the Garhwal Regiment. On a clear sky day once can witness the panoramic view of the majestic himalayas from Lansdowne
Places of Interest
It has a number of attraction points at a walkable distance.
- Bhulla Lake: You may enjoy boating in this quiet lake and find ducks swimming along with you
- St. John’s Church: A roman catholic church which has a very peaceful ambiance.
- St. Mary’s Church: A catholic church with historical importance. You may find old bells and artifacts in the church
- Tip N Top: It is hill top from where one can see the entire himalayan range. You can easily hike to the top
- Darwan Singh Museum: It is a historical defence museum named after first Victoria Cross holder from Garhwal Rifles Darwan Singh Negi
St. John’s Church
St. Mary’s Church
View from Tip N Top
Day 01: Delhi to Lansdowne. Arrival by Noon
- Leave Delhi around 6 AM in morning. Reach Lansdowne around 1:00 PM.
- Check in Resort. Refresh and leave for local sight seeing
- Return to Resort by evening.
- Dinner followed by rest
Day 02: Hike to Tip and top and museum visit. Return to Delhi by Evening
- Leave for Tip N Top hike early morning for hike to Tip N Top
- Return to hotel by 10:00 AM
- Check out and visit Museum
- After Museum visit leave for Delhi
- Arrival in Delhi by Evening