Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
TOUR DATES & ITINERARY! ADVENTURE STARTS NOW!
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
Googlee Reviews for Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
KASHMIR GREAT LAKES
|Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate|
|Altitude||13,800 ft /|
Kashmir Great Lakes Trek - Overview & Itinerary
Kashmir Great lakes trek is one of the most beautiful trek in India. If you want to experience life in HD KGL is the trek for you. If you are a trekker this is the trek you must do. It is a hidden jewel of the Crown of Kashmir. If there is heaven, it is there…it is there.
It is a long trek and requires a very good fitness level and prior trekking experience is recommended. The Nearest airport is Srinagar and the nearest railway station is Jammu.
What is special about Kashmir Great lakes trekking?
- One of the most beautiful Treks in India
- One of the few trekking options available in monsoon
- Most scenic and picturesque trek in India
- Visit Kashmir the crown of India
- Witness everything from meadows, glaciers, passes, and mesmerizing lakes
KASHMIR GREAT LAKES TREK ITINERARY
- Reach Srinagar and get welcomed by our representatives
- On the first day of the Kashmir Lakes Trek, spend time in the dreamlike place of Srinagar known for its refreshing gardens, lakes, and houseboats
- If you wish, you can take an iconic Shikara experience at Dal Lake or amble through Mughal Gardens that unravels many beauties along the way
- Leave by the afternoon and be driven to Sonmarg by evening
- Spend overnight at a campsite in Sonmarg
- Today will be the first day of this enthralling Kashmir great lakes trek!
- After having breakfast at the guesthouse, start with a 3-4km trek from the Sonamarg and reach a roadside eatery, from where you can bag up all the required commodities for the day.
- Here onwards, the trek will be a gradual one and alongside the Sindh River, it will take you through maple and pine forests.
- Completing the hike through the forests, you will be rewarded with the stunning views of the Sonamarg Valley and pictorial streams.
- Here onwards, the trek will descend down and will take you to the snow-covered Shekdur Range.
- Relax around the vicinity for a while before you start trekking towards the Nichnai, which is located around 11,500ft above sea level.
- Upon arrival in Nichnai, check-in into the campsite
- Dinner and overnight stay in the camp.
- Starting early in the morning, around 08:00 AM, wake up to the scenic views and start the trek towards the Nichnai Pass and enjoy the stunning views of the lush valleys and the untouched beauty of the region.
- Hereafter, cross the river and continue hiking through the banks of the river and arrive at the Nichnai Pass or the Vishansar Berry.
- Arriving at the pass, which is located 13,500m above sea level, witness, and enjoy the meticulous beauty of the pass and the snow-covered peaks all around it.
- Hereafter, the trek will undergo a steep descend and will lead you to a pictorial meadow of colorful flowers; while on Kashmire Great lakes trek, you can also catch glimpses of a cascade that finally joins a river.
- Here onwards, continue with the hike and upon arriving at a flat valley, continue towards its end and arrive at the campsite. Gazing on the left of this trail, you can also behold captivating views of the Himalayan Range and also the Vishansar Lake
- Overnight stay in the camp at Vishansar Lake
- Wake up, this chilly morning, witness the Kishansar Peak casting its reflection on the azure lake waters.
- Start the trek for the day towards the lakeside and reach the Kishansar Peak, which is situated around 500ft above the campsite.
- Here onwards, ascend to the other side of the water reservoir. The trek till here comprises both easy and tough terrains.
- Later part of the day, trek towards the Kishansar Lake and finally make it to the Gadsar Pass that is perched at a height of 13,800ft and is the highest point of this trek.
- From the pass, pass through a flowery meadow and some of the pictorial lakes; Yamsar is one of these lakes.
- From here, continue with the descend and after crossing Iris, reach the Gadsar Lake. A picturesque lake, it is adorned with the stunning beauty of exotic flowers and snow on both sides.
- Arriving at the lakeside, report to the nearest Army Camp, and complete the formalities of getting permission to pass Gadsar; ID proofs are a must for this.
- Overnight stay at Gadsar Lake
- Your day will begin with a walk from the army camp towards the stream.
- Brace yourself for varied terrains from super steep, flat, and even land. Take a short break at Maengandob that is fringed by mountains.
- Reach the first of Satsar lakes, which is a group of seven different lakes, and follow the same procedure of yesterday with the army officials and set camps near the surreal first lake of Satsar.
- Overnight stay at Satsar
- A true test of caliber, this is the day when you will have to push your physical and mental limits!
- Trudge through rocks and boulders ridden terrain, pass the last of the Satsar lakes, and start hiking downwards for half an hour till you arrive at the forest line.
- Here onwards, start ascending upward and reach an altitude of 13,400ft; during this climb, you can witness several ridges at different heights and the quaint Gujjar huts as well.
- From the summit, you can also behold the fascinating views of the twin lakes: Gangabal and Nundkol, which are connected to each other by a picturesque stream and are known for trout fishing.
- Post this; trek through a sharp and rocky trail and make it to a gurgling stream, passing which, you will reach a lush meadow that advent towards the Nundkol Lake, which is also a popular weekend getaway among the locals.
- Trekking for around 20 minutes from Nundkol Lake, you will finally arrive at Gangabal Lake, and by crossing the bridge across the lake; you will arrive at the campsite
- Dinner and overnight stay in the camp.
- On your final day of the Kashmir Great Lake Trek, start from the Gangabal camp, ramble on grassy land dotted with yellow flowers and pine forest.
- Descend are reach Naranag, the last leg of your trek. Reach Naranag Village in Ganderbal District. If you wish, you can visit Naranag Temple.
- Be driven back to Srinagar with wonderful memories
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Note: AC doesn’t run on hills in fixed departure batches. Standard Non AC vehicles are provided for transportation
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy