Contact for more details
Mode of Transportation
Summary of Bhrigu Lake Trekking
|Bhrigu Lake Altitude / Bhrigu Lake Trek Distance||⛰14,009 ft / 📍25 kms|
Bhrigu Lake Trek overview & Itinerary
Bhrigu Lake is a high altitude trek in Kullu district of Himanchal Pradesh. It is situated at an altitude of 4300 metres. It is a 4 day trek easy to moderate level trek, even first timers can opt for this trek with normal fitness level. The trek starts from dense forest and opens up in the large meadow. Snow capped Himalayan view and witnessing sunrise from & sunset in those peaks is amazing. The view of the meadow is amazing and walking on the meadow gives you feel like you are walking in the green carpet, soothes your feet below and the view soothe your eyes. You will definitely enjoy walking. Camping in the night under the blanket of stars will certainly amaze you. The view of the sky with millions of bright stars is an awesome experience one can have. The view of stars is so clear that you will feel like you are watching a HD TV full of stars; If you are a photographer you can capture the beauty. The best time to visit the lake is from Mid May to October. The lake is frozen during the winters. According to the legends Sage Bhrigu meditated here for long time. It is now a popular spot of attraction, attracting a large number of trekkers.
What is special about Bhrigu Lake trekking?
- The trek trail being of easy to moderate level, it requires less fitness levels and is suitable to every age group and people as compared to other Himalayan treks.
BHRIGU LAKE TREK ITINERARY
Day 1: Arrival in Manali.
- The travellers will be picked up from Manali.
- They will be taken to the campsite.
- Evening snacks.
- Dinner followed by rest in the camps
Day 2: Gulaba to Rola Kholi
- Early morning breakfast and head towards Gulaba from where the trek starts.
- The 6 km trek Starts from Gulaba(approx 4 hours)
- Firstly you will get steep ascent and the few ups and down.
- The trail passes through the dense Oak and cedar forest.
- Reach the campsite for lunch.
- Acclimatisation walk in the evening.
- Dinner followed by Accommodation in tents
Day 3: Rola Kholi to Bhrigu Lake back to Rola Kholi
- Start early in the morning after breakfast.
- Trek in the meadows while enjoying the amazing view.
- The trail is easy to moderate.
- Packed lunch on the way.
- Have some quality time around the lake; take photography and enjoy the view from there. Then trek back to the campsite.
- Reach the campsite by evening and have snacks
- Dinner followed by rest.
Day 4: Rola Kholi to Gulaba drive to Manali
- 6 km trek from Rola kholi to Gulaba.
- The trails are easy and mostly descending
- After trekking to gulaba, drive to Manali.
- Reach Manali by 2pm to 3pm
Essentials to carry with you on this Trek
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Light Towel,Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy