Valley Of Flowers &
UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE &
WORLD HIGHEST GURUDWARA
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
200+ 5 Star Google Reviews for Valley of Flowers Trek
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
SUMMARY VALLEY OF FLOWERS
Valley of Flowers Trek Overview & Itinerary
You all get best Valley of Flowers Trekking Packages at best cost and enjoy your trip with TSS. The Valley Of Flowers is one of the most beautiful and mesmerizing national parks of the country, situated at an altitude of 3658 m in Bhyundar valley in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand.
It is famous for its wide variety of flora (Alpine flowers, Vajardanti,Marsh Marigold,Shomalap, etc) and fauna (Asiatic black deer, snow leopard, musk deer, red fox, brown bear, blue sheep, etc). Valley of flowers is a part of Nanda Devi Biosphere Zone with thick green forests, rivers, waterfalls and a wide variety of flora & fauna. It is an Indian national park and has also been declared as the WORLD HERITAGE SITE by UNESCO.
The beauty of the valley can not be captured by the camera, it can only be captured by the eyes and stored in your mind. It is a favorite destination for flower lovers, trekkers, photographers, botanist, bird watchers, nature lovers and wildlife lovers. Book your
Ghangharia is a small hamlet on the way to valley of flowers and Hemkund Sahib. Ghangharia is the point where you have to stay for 3 nights during the trek to valley and Hemkund Sahib.
What is special about Valley of flowers trekking packages ?
- One of the few treks accessible and safe to do in monsoons
- One of the most beautiful valley in India
- UNESCO World Heritage site
- 529 Species of flowers with medicinal Values
- World’s highest Gurudwara Hemkund sahib, it is probably the most beautiful as well.
- Great for all level of trekkers – beginner to intermediate
- A Valley that changes colors from white in june to blue in july and to pink in August
- Best Time to Visit – July and August when the most species of flowers bloom.
Valley Of Flowers Trekking Package Trip Video
VALLEY OF FLOWERS TREK ITINERARY
- The travellers will be picked up from Rishikesh at 7:00 AM from where the journey will begin. Rishikesh is well connected with Delhi through railway and road route. Overnight Buses and Trains are available.
- Our Journey will start from Rishikesh, Devprayag (where the mighty Alaknanda and Bhagirathi river meet to form the the Ganges). Along the journey you will also come across other Prayag and will reach Joshimath/Govindghat by the end of the day.
- Drop off your bags at the Hotel and enjoy the mighty sight of the Garhwal Himalayas.
- Dinner at the Hotel
- Trek to Ghangaria via Poolna after the breakfast
- A 4 km drive to Poolna, and then an easy ascend to Ghangaria
- Midway Lunch
- Reach Ghangaria after the climb and drop off your bags at the Hotel
- Evening Tea and Snacks
- Dinner at the Hotel
- Gear up today for Valley Of Flowers, the World Heritage Site declared by UNESCO.
- After Breakfast head towards the Valley walk amidst the beautiful and Multi Variety of Flowers that will surely bound to ease away all the tiredness of the day.
- After taking pictures and packed lunch head back towards Ghangaria.
- Enjoy your Dinner and stay at the Hotel as your trek has been completed
- Trek to Hemkund Sahib after the breakfast. The trail being easy to moderate in nature.
- En-route to the Gurudwara you will witness numerous waterfalls, Flowers, Beautiful Snowcapped mountains, Glaciers that will surely mesmerize you. Another Important aspect is the Cleanliness of the Pilgrimage despite many travelers which is a point to learn from the Sikh Community.
- Arrival at the Gurudwara in the afternoon. Devote yourself in the peaceful aura of the Gurudwara and take a dip in the Glacial lake. Also do visit the Lokpal Temple located in the vicinity of the Gurudwara.
- Descend back to Ghangaria from the Gurudwara before 2 p.m. due to unpredictable weather conditions.
- Return to Ghangaria and have your Evening Snacks
- Early Dinner at the Hotel
- After the Breakfast descend down to Govindghat. 10 km Descent normally takes 4 hours
- Drive to Joshimath
- Arrival at Hotel in Joshimath,
- Hot Lunch
- Dinner Followed by rest
- After Breakfast head back towards Rishikesh following the same route.
- Arrival at Dehradun by 10 PM. So you may plan your further journey
1000+ Delighted #TSSTrekkers Last Year
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Note: AC doesnt run on hills in fixed departure batches. Standard Non AC vehicles are provided for transportation
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
A: Mid June to Mid September is considered the best time to visit valley of flowers. Maximum species of flowers bloom during this period. There are 529 species of highaltitude plants found here, during one of your visits you can witness about 50-60 species
A: It is an easy to moderate grade trek. Difficulty of a trek depends on a lot of things accommodation and availability of resources is one of them. Presence of hotels at Ghangharia makes it easier for a beginner when compared to other treks but you surely need a good physical stamina to enjoy this trek.
A: Valley of flowers has around 529 species of high altitude flora. It has beautiful landscapes and is a UNESCO world heritage sight. Trek to Hemkund Sahib which is the highest Gurudwara in the world adds to the overall experience of this trek.
A: The Trek is 13 Km from the nearest road head Poolna and is broken in 2 parts. Part 1 Poolna to Ghangharia, Part 2 Ghangharia to Valley of Flowers. It requires atleast 5 days from nearest Railway station – Haridwar.
A: Yes it can easily be done by beginners. It is suited for beginners as well as experienced trekkers. One thing you need to keep in mind before coming to this trek is to have a good physical stamina.
A: Being one of the best monsoon trek of the country it is going to be a memorable experience doing this trek. The landscapes of this trek are like a fairytale land.
A: Yes it can be done on your own but due to limited hotels in Ghangharia it is recommended you go with a prior bookings.
A: Valley of flowers trek is known for different species of Himalayan flowers with some very rare species as well. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Hemkund Sahib which is the world’s highest Gurudwara is also a major attraction of this trek
A: If you are physically active the trek will vary from easy to moderate level. Grade wise it’s a moderate level trekbut can be done easily by first timers.
A: It takes atleast 5 days from the nearest railway station i.e Haridwar. We recommend you club Hemkund Sahib Trek with it making it a 6 days tour. You will regret if you don’t visit Hemkund sahib just to save one day from your tour
A: Valley of flowers trek is one of the safest monsoon trek in the country.
A: Valley of flowers opens for tourism around last week of may and closes around first week of October.