Valley Of Flowers &
UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE &
WORLD HIGHEST GURUDWARA
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
Call our Valley of Flowers Expert Mr. Shubham to know more about the trek
200+ 5 Star Google Reviews for Valley of Flowers Trek
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
SUMMARY VALLEY OF FLOWERS
Valley of Flowers Trek Overview & Itinerary
You all get best Valley of Flowers Trekking Packages at best cost and enjoy your trip with TSS. The Valley Of Flowers is one of the most beautiful and mesmerizing national parks of the country, situated at an altitude of 3658 m in Bhyundar valley in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand.
It is famous for its wide variety of flora (Alpine flowers, Vajardanti,Marsh Marigold,Shomalap, etc) and fauna (Asiatic black deer, snow leopard, musk deer, red fox, brown bear, blue sheep, etc). Valley of flowers is a part of Nanda Devi Biosphere Zone with thick green forests, rivers, waterfalls and a wide variety of flora & fauna. It is an Indian national park and has also been declared as the WORLD HERITAGE SITE by UNESCO.
Valley of Flowers Trek goes through the dense forest and the trail is beside the Pushpawati river. On the way you will encounter many waterfalls, bridges and small water streams. The best time to visit Valley of flowers is from Mid-June to Mid September. It is famous for its natural beauty and the variety of flora it comprises. There are about 520 species of alpine plants and of which 498 are flowering plants.
The beauty of the valley can not be captured by the camera, it can only be captured by the eyes and stored in your mind. It is a favorite destination for flower lovers, trekkers, photographers, botanist, bird watchers, nature lovers and wildlife lovers. Book your Valley of Flowers Trekking Package today.
Ghangharia is a small hamlet on the way to valley of flowers and Hemkund Sahib. Ghangharia is the point where you have to stay for 3 nights during the trek to valley and Hemkund Sahib.
What is special about Valley of flowers trekking packages ?
- One of the few treks accessible and safe to do in monsoons
- One of the most beautiful valley in India
- UNESCO World Heritage site
- 529 Species of flowers with medicinal Values
- World’s highest Gurudwara Hemkund sahib, it is probably the most beautiful as well.
- Great for all level of trekkers – beginner to intermediate
- A Valley that changes colors from white in june to blue in july and to pink in August
- Best Time to Visit – July and August when the most species of flowers bloom.
Valley Of Flowers Trekking Package Trip Video
VALLEY OF FLOWERS TREK ITINERARY
- The travellers will be picked up from Rishikesh at 7:00 AM from where the journey will begin. Rishikesh is well connected with Delhi through railway and road route. Overnight Buses and Trains are available.
- Our Journey will start from Rishikesh, Devprayag (where the mighty Alaknanda and Bhagirathi river meet to form the the Ganges). Along the journey you will also come across other Prayag and will reach Joshimath/Govindghat by the end of the day.
- Drop off your bags at the Hotel and enjoy the mighty sight of the Garhwal Himalayas.
- Dinner at the Hotel
- Trek to Ghangaria via Poolna after the breakfast
- A 4 km drive to Poolna, and then an easy ascend to Ghangaria
- Midway Lunch
- Reach Ghangaria after the climb and drop off your bags at the Hotel
- Evening Tea and Snacks
- Dinner at the Hotel
- Gear up today for Valley Of Flowers, the World Heritage Site declared by UNESCO.
- After Breakfast head towards the Valley walk amidst the beautiful and Multi Variety of Flowers that will surely bound to ease away all the tiredness of the day.
- After taking pictures and packed lunch head back towards Ghangaria.
- Enjoy your Dinner and stay at the Hotel as your trek has been completed
- Trek to Hemkund Sahib after the breakfast. The trail being easy to moderate in nature.
- En-route to the Gurudwara you will witness numerous waterfalls, Flowers, Beautiful Snowcapped mountains, Glaciers that will surely mesmerize you. Another Important aspect is the Cleanliness of the Pilgrimage despite many travelers which is a point to learn from the Sikh Community.
- Arrival at the Gurudwara in the afternoon. Devote yourself in the peaceful aura of the Gurudwara and take a dip in the Glacial lake. Also do visit the Lokpal Temple located in the vicinity of the Gurudwara.
- Descend back to Ghangaria from the Gurudwara before 2 p.m. due to unpredictable weather conditions.
- Return to Ghangaria and have your Evening Snacks
- Early Dinner at the Hotel
- After the Breakfast descend down to Govindghat. 10 km Descent normally takes 4 hours
- Drive to Joshimath
- Arrival at Hotel in Joshimath,
- Hot Lunch
- Dinner Followed by rest
- After Breakfast head back towards Rishikesh following the same route.
- Arrival at Dehradun by 10 PM. So you may plan your further journey
1000+ Delighted #TSSTrekkers Last Year
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Note: AC doesnt run on hills in fixed departure batches. Standard Non AC vehicles are provided for transportation
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
A: Mid June to Mid September is considered the best time to visit valley of flowers. Maximum species of flowers bloom during this period. There are 529 species of highaltitude plants found here, during one of your visits you can witness about 50-60 species
A: It is an easy to moderate grade trek. Difficulty of a trek depends on a lot of things accommodation and availability of resources is one of them. Presence of hotels at Ghangharia makes it easier for a beginner when compared to other treks but you surely need a good physical stamina to enjoy this trek.
A: Valley of flowers has around 529 species of high altitude flora. It has beautiful landscapes and is a UNESCO world heritage sight. Trek to Hemkund Sahib which is the highest Gurudwara in the world adds to the overall experience of this trek.
A: The Trek is 13 Km from the nearest road head Poolna and is broken in 2 parts. Part 1 Poolna to Ghangharia, Part 2 Ghangharia to Valley of Flowers. It requires atleast 5 days from nearest Railway station – Haridwar.
A: Yes it can easily be done by beginners. It is suited for beginners as well as experienced trekkers. One thing you need to keep in mind before coming to this trek is to have a good physical stamina.
A: Being one of the best monsoon trek of the country it is going to be a memorable experience doing this trek. The landscapes of this trek are like a fairytale land.
A: Yes it can be done on your own but due to limited hotels in Ghangharia it is recommended you go with a prior bookings.
A: Valley of flowers trek is known for different species of Himalayan flowers with some very rare species as well. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Hemkund Sahib which is the world’s highest Gurudwara is also a major attraction of this trek
A: If you are physically active the trek will vary from easy to moderate level. Grade wise it’s a moderate level trekbut can be done easily by first timers.
A: It takes atleast 5 days from the nearest railway station i.e Haridwar. We recommend you club Hemkund Sahib Trek with it making it a 6 days tour. You will regret if you don’t visit Hemkund sahib just to save one day from your tour
A: Valley of flowers trek is one of the safest monsoon trek in the country.
A: Valley of flowers opens for tourism around last week of may and closes around first week of October.
You can keep extra luggage in the base village for any particular trek. There are no cloak roo charges applicable. Its free of cost
If you are going on a trek don’t expect mobile signals. There are few spots on the trails of few treks where you might find a single tower or something but it always depends if that is enough to make a call or not.
Yes, TSS team can organize private batches for individual groups, but the cost of the trek may vary according to the number of members in your group. You can talk to our trek coordinator via whatsapp/call to get the customized group rates.
It’s a strict no. If you fall sick during the trek due to alcohol consumption TheSearchingSouls has the right to cancel your trek and send you back to base village. No expenses shall be refunded in that case and you will have to pay additional for stay at base village.
Start running/walking at least 3-4 Kms everyday.
If it’s a snow trek a good trekking shoe is mandatory. If you buy a new shoe do walk for few days so that it fits you well and doesn’t leave you with blisters while you trek. If it is a summer trek or post monsoon trek a shoe with good grip and ankle support will do.
We provide 3 Veg meals and evening Snacks. There will be no non veg served during the trek. Eggs may or may not be served depending on the trek.
We will provide sleeping bags, inner liners,
sleeping mats, tents. You just need to carry
your personal gear.
List of personal Gear is in our website
under Trek Essentials.
Himalaya Journeys Treks &Expedition prides itself on being prepared for any emergency situation. Our guides are trained in first aid and can deal with most of the basic ailments that occur during a trek. Every camp site has basic first aid and oxygen cylinders But if a serious emergency occurs, we will evacuate you to the base village and nearest hospital but the expenses of that has to be borne by the individual
Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib Trekking Map
How to reach Rishikesh?
Rishikesh is a city located in the state of Uttarakhand in India. It can be reached by air, train, or road.
Air: The nearest airport to Rishikesh/Haridwar/Dehradun is the Jolly Grant Airport, which is located around 25 km away from all Three cities. It is well-connected to major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kolkata. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Rishikesh.
Train: Dehradun/Haridwar/Rishikesh has its railway station which is well-connected to major cities in India such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai. The Dehradun Shatabdi Express is a popular train that connects the city with Delhi. From the railway station, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach your destination in Dehradun.
Road: Dehradun/Haridwar/Rishikesh is well-connected to major cities in North India through a network of roads. National Highway 7 and 72 pass through the city, which makes it easily accessible from nearby towns and cities. You can either take a bus or hire a taxi to reach All three Places by road.
valley of flowers trekking packages
The Valley of Flowers trek is renowned in India’s Himalayas and even those who haven’t visited the region have likely heard of it. Recognized as one of the oldest treks, the valley of flowers Hemkund Sahib was established by the Indian government in 1980 and was later designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2002, making it a sought-after destination for hikers from all over the world.
However, it’s important to note that the Valley of Flowers trek is not an easy feat. It’s considered a moderate-level trek, with longer trekking days and a steep ascent to Hemkund Sahib that will test one’s endurance. Proper preparation is essential, and this trek guide provides comprehensive information to help with that. The difficulty of the trek is discussed in detail in the relevant section of this guide.
A must-know about the valley of flowers trekking packages
Location: The Valley of Flowers is situated near Badrinath in the Garhwal Region of Uttarakhand.
Best time to visit: The ideal time to visit is during July and August.
Accommodation: TSS have their Own Guest houses and Hotels at Joshimath and Ghangaria.
Admission fee: The entrance fee is Rs. 150 for Indians and Rs. 650 for non-Indians.
Visiting hours: The Valley is open from 7 am to 5 pm.
Opening date: The Valley opens on 1st June 2023 ( Tentative).
Closing date: The Valley closes on 4th October (Tentative).
Duration of trek: The Valley of Flowers trek takes 6 days, starting from Rishikesh.
Is the Valley of flowers trek for me: All reasons why you should plan your next trek to Valley of Flowers
- The Valley of Flowers offers stunning views with its vast expanse of colorful flowers in varying shapes, sizes, textures, and scents. This destination provides an opportunity for visitors to connect with nature and immerse themselves in its beauty.
- The climb to Hemkund Sahib, while moderate, offers a challenging ascent of 4,000 ft over 6 km. The climb is a varied experience, taking you through different terrains, from tree-lined paths to alpine meadows, and finally to a reflective moment at the stunning Hemkund Sahib lake.
- The Valley of Flowers offers a unique cultural experience that showcases the incredible faith and determination of its visitors. People of all ages and physical abilities undertake the journey to the lake, with some relying on ponies or porters for support. Trekkers experience the rare experience to witness the Sikh Gurudwara parade calls at dawn.
Safety with TSS
The Searching Souls has always taken Safety as the utmost Priority in their Treks. We Have a “Zero Negligence” approach toward Safety. As a result, we have taken the Following Steps.
Medical Tents: TSS is the Only Company in the Country that Pitches dedicated Medical Tents to The Slopes at all their Campsites. The Medical Tents consist of a Stretcher, Oxygen Cylinder, First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, and a few other facilities depending on the Slope and the nature of The Terrain.
Qualified Trek leaders: All Our Trek Leaders are Qualified From the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and have thorough knowledge and experience of the Mountains. Follow us on Facebook.
Emergency Planning: Team TSS always plans a step ahead in the Mountains as we believe anything at any time can happen in the Mountains, All Our trek leaders, Camp managers, and Cooks are aware of what should be the Course of Action in case of Medical emergency and Natural Calamities.
TSS Support Team: Safety in the Mountains begins at Home, Proper Planning and preparation are Key in any Mountain Trek. TSS Support Team is always available and will help you prepare better for the Trek through their Expert Knowledge and Guidance.
TSS Jumbo Bags: For executive travelers seeking adventure, trekking is a popular way to explore unfamiliar terrain and find inner peace. However, selecting the right equipment can be crucial to ensure safety and comfort during the journey. TSS recognizes this and offers a solution with their MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY, which includes all necessary gear for a high-altitude trek at an affordable price.
The company also emphasizes the importance of quality equipment in ensuring a successful and memorable trek, while cautioning against overpriced or unnecessary items. With TSS, travelers can confidently embark on their trek, knowing they have a reliable companion in their trek bag.
Are you tired of spending a fortune on expensive trekking equipment? Look no further than MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY.
Why book with TSS?
What should you pack for the Valley Of Flowers ?
Basic Trek Essentials
Personal Utilities :
Bhrigu Lake Trek
Bhrigu Lake is a high altitude trek in the himalayas of Kullu district of Himanchal Pradesh. It is situated at an altitude of 4300...
Hampta Pass Trek
It is a pass in the Himalayas of Himachal Pradesh connecting Kullu and Spiti valley
KASHMIR GREAT LAKES TREK
It is indeed one of the most beautiful treks in the country. Like it is said if there is heaven it is there.....