Tarsar marsar Trek
TOUR DATES & ITINERARY! START YOUR DREAM ADVENTURE NOW!
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
Call our Tarsar Marsar Expert Mr. Devasheesh to know more about the trek
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
|Highest Altitude||13,500 ft|
|Day Temperature||12 to 20 Deg|
|Night Temperature||12 to 2 Deg|
Check our Google Reviews
How We Make Treks Comfortable and Safe for you?
Tarsar Marsar Overview & Itinerary
The Tarsar Marsar Lake is an alpine lake located in Tral valley of Pulwama district in Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is famous for its scenic beauty. The lake is separated by a mountain with a minimum peak elevation of 4,000 metres (13,000 ft) from another lake of the same nature known as Tarsar Lake. Due to their close proximity and similar physical characteristics, the two lakes are often called as the “twin sisters”. Tarsar-Marsar Trek is one of the highly opted treks of the Kashmir Valley. Trekking in Kashmir along the lakes with lucid blue sky and green meadows gives an amazing view and feeling of complete “paradise.”. The lakes glitter as the sun rays falls on the clear blue water of the snow-fed lakes. Tarsar Marsar Trek is an unforgettable experience for adventure enthusiasts who seek to explore nature’s beauty while challenging themselves physically. It is a perfect blend of natural beauty, cultural experiences, and physical challenges, making it one of India’s most beautiful treks.
What is special about Tarsar Marsar trekking?
- One of the most prettiest monsoon Treks in India
- One of the few trekking options available in monsoon
- Witness Most scenic and picturesque lakes Tarsar, Marsar and Sundersar
- Takes you to pahalgam and Aru valley which is the heart of Kashmir-the crown of India
- Witness everything from meadows, glaciers, passes, and mesmerizing lakes
TARSAR MARSAR TREK ITINERARY
- Reach Srinagar and get welcomed by our team at TRC office near Dal Lake. Reporting time 12:00 Noon
- Afternoon drive to Aru base camp (3-4 Hours)
- Overnight stay at camp site
- Moderate trek through the rolling slopes of Lidder Valley.
- An excellent campsite for overnight stay and rest followed by dinner.
- After breakfast, trek starts with a moderate to steep ascent
- Enjoy the day as you cross multiple streams with deep valleys and big meadows on both sides.
- We camp overnight at beautiful Shekwas.
- After breakfast, we start from Shekhwas meadow, crossing lush green grasslands you will reach Sumbal.
- Crossing a stream through rocks and boulders you reach Tarsar grasslands.
- Overnight Stay at camp.
- Head towards Tarsar pass and cross over to beautiful Sundarsar lake nestled in long grassy stretches.
- Dinner and Camp overnight at the lake site.
- Trail from Sundarsar stretched far across the lake, and towards Marsar.
- Marsar is a hidden beauty, almost always engulfed under dollops of clouds and mist.
- Descend to Homwas camps.
- Start trekking early in the morning to reach Aru by afternoon.
- We’ll be passing the Lidderwat campsite on the way
- Vehicles will be ready to pick you up at Aru, and you can expect to reach Srinagar by 8 pm.
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
The difficulty level of Tarsar Marsar Trek is moderate. Spread over 7 days the ascends are of moderate grading with few difficult patches.
Tarsar Marsar Trek cost varies from Rs. 15000 to Rs. 18000 depending on the group size and the time of the year you are planning to do it. Being a very popular trek there are many companies which sell this trek online but only few companies are service providers.
July, august and September are the best months to do Tarsar Marsar Trek.
Yes a beginner can do Tarsar Marsar trek. If you are a beginner and planning this trek you should have three things in mind.
- Physical fitness : You don’t have to be a fitness freak to do a trek it is just that basic fitness should be maintained. You should not be obese and should not have any medical ailments.
- Mental fitness : You should come with an open mindset and be ready for the harsh conditions winters have to offer.
- Gear : Being a Monsoon trek good gear is extremely essential.
Both treks are the prettiest monsoon treks in the country, equally beautiful and serene. Kashmir Great lakes trek is slightly more difficult than Tarsar Marsar. Kashmir Great lakes is more popular and has more number of trekkers on the trail.
We would say both treks are equally beautiful and the most beautiful in the country
Tarsar Marsar Trek is a moderate level trek with only few difficult sections.
During the day time the temperature varies from 10 to 18 degrees. During the night time it varies from 8 to 0 degrees.
You can keep extra luggage in the base village for any particular trek. There are no cloak roo charges applicable. Its free of cost
If you are going on a trek don’t expect mobile signals. There are few spots on the trails of few treks where you might find a single tower or something but it always depends if that is enough to make a call or not.
As there are no permanent toilets on the trek, we carry toilet tents which are dry toilets so you need to carry wet tissues/tissue wipes with you.
Yes, TSS team can organize private batches for individual groups, but the cost of the trek may vary according to the number of members in your group. You can talk to our trek coordinator via whatsapp/call to get the customized group rates.
It’s a strict no. If you fall sick during the trek due to alcohol consumption TheSearchingSouls has the right to cancel your trek and send you back to base village. No expenses shall be refunded in that case and you will have to pay additional for stay at base village.
Start running/walking at least 3-4 Kms everyday.
If it’s a snow trek a good trekking shoe is mandatory. If you buy a new shoe do walk for few days so that it fits you well and doesn’t leave you with blisters while you trek. If it is a summer trek or post monsoon trek a shoe with good grip and ankle support will do.
We provide 3 Veg meals and evening Snacks. There will be no non veg served during the trek. Eggs may or may not be served depending on the trek.
We will provide sleeping bags, inner liners,
sleeping mats, tents. You just need to carry
your personal gear.
List of personal Gear is in our website
under Trek Essentials.
Himalaya Journeys Treks &Expedition prides itself on being prepared for any emergency situation. Our guides are trained in first aid and can deal with most of the basic ailments that occur during a trek. Every camp site has basic first aid and oxygen cylinders But if a serious emergency occurs, we will evacuate you to the base village and nearest hospital but the expenses of that has to be borne by the individual
Why book with TSS?
Kashmir also known as “paradise on earth” is also considered the crown of India. Tarsar Marsar Trek starts from Aru and you reach here via pahalgam. This region is one of the most beautiful parts of Kashmir with lush green valleys and rivers all around. It will be a rejuvenating experience for your soul trekking through the beautiful trails of this trek.
Synopsis of the Tarsar Marsar Trek
Our company, The Searching Soul, offers exciting trekking opportunities in the Tarsar Marsar Trek, a place that offers a magnificent view of the celestialsky, super abundantmeadows and snow paths. We organize Tarsar Marsar Trek specially for monsoon trekking as it is a favourable option for trekkers during this time of the year. The monsoon trek of Tarsar Marsar propounds trekking with adventure in an easy approach which automatically makes it a convenient option. It is fully embraced with natural wonders that makes it one of the most sought after treks in Kashmir. The temperature during the Tarsar Marsar Trek goes up to 20 degrees during day time and -2 degrees during night. However, the weather in winter sees the mountains covered in spotless white snow, making it inaccessible in winters.
The base camp for the trek is at Aru. The camp is approximately 3-4 hours drive from Srinagar and this journey in itself is enough to overwhelm a person. The drive is via Pahalgam which is another beautiful destination of Kashmir and further leads towards the Aru Valley. The difficulty level of the Tarsar Marsar Trek is of moderate grading. July, August and September are best months to undertake the trek. The long duration of the trek which is of around seven days makes the overall experience slightly challenging.
TheSearchingSouls team work with a motive to explore the non-commercialized destinations in India through the medium of trekking. Our aim is to focus on the minor details to make comfort accessible to the trekkers while scouting in the nature. We are an expert and have an upper hand in the tours and excursion activities which are related to trekking.
Safety with TSS
The Searching Souls have always taken Safety as the utmost Priority in their Treks. We Have a “Zero Negligence” approach toward Safety. As a result, we have taken the Following Steps.
Medical Tents: TSS is the Only Company in the Country that Pitches dedicated Medical Tents to The Slopes at all their Campsites. The Medical Tents consist of a Stretcher, Oxygen Cylinder, First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, and a few other facilities depending on the Slope and the nature of kedarkanta trek.
Qualified Trek leaders: All Our Trek Leaders are Qualified From the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and have thorough knowledge and experience of the Mountains.
Emergency Planning: Team TSS always plans a step ahead in the Mountains as we believe anything at any time can happen in the Mountains, All Our trek leaders, Camp managers, and Cooks are aware of what should be the Course of Action in case of Medical emergency and Natural Calamities in the kedarkantha trekking package.
TSS Support Team: Safety in the Mountains begins at Home, Proper Planning and preparation are Key in any Mountain Trek. TSS Support Team is always available and will help you prepare better for the Trek through their Expert Knowledge and Guidance.
TSS Jumbo Bags: For executive travelers seeking adventure, trekking is a popular way to explore unfamiliar terrain and find inner peace. However, selecting the right equipment can be crucial to ensure safety and comfort during the journey. TSS recognizes this and offers a solution with their MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY, which includes all necessary gear for a high-altitude trek at an affordable price. The company also emphasizes the importance of quality equipment in ensuring a successful and memorable trek, while cautioning against overpriced or unnecessary items. With TSS, travelers can confidently embark on their trek, knowing they have a reliable companion in their trek bag.
Are you tired of spending a fortune on expensive trekking equipment? Look no further than MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY.
Why Experience the wilderness of Tarsar Marsar trek with The Searching Souls?
Expertise: The Searching Souls is a team of experienced trek leaders who are passionate about sharing their love for the outdoors with others. They have extensive knowledge of Kashmir Treks and the surrounding areas, ensuring that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Personalized attention: The Searching Souls focuses on adequate group sizes, allowing them to provide personalized attention to each trekker. They take the time to understand your individual needs and interests and customize the trek to ensure that you have the best experience possible.
Safety: Safety is a top priority for The Searching Souls. They provide all necessary safety equipment, including first aid kits and emergency communication devices, and their trek leaders are trained in wilderness first aid.
Responsible tourism: The Searching Souls is committed to responsible tourism practices. They follow Leave No Trace principles, minimizing their impact on the environment, and also support local communities by using local guides and porters.
Memorable experience: The Tarsar Marsar trek with The searching Souls is not just a trek, but an experience. From the stunning views to the warmth of the local hospitality, the trek is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.
What should you pack for the Tarsar Marsar trek ?
Basic Trek Essentials
Personal Utilities :
Bhrigu Lake Trek
Bhrigu Lake is a high altitude trek in the himalayas of Kullu district of Himanchal Pradesh. It is situated at an altitude of 4300...
Hampta Pass Trek
It is a pass in the Himalayas of Himachal Pradesh connecting Kullu and Spiti valley
Valley Of Flowers and ...
A hike to the Natural Garden of Flowers amidst the Himalayas. Most popular trek destination in monsoon.
KASHMIR GREAT LAKES TREK
It is indeed one of the most beautiful treks in the country. Like it is said if there is heaven it is there.....