Hampta PASS TREK
A Fairy Tale Trek from Manali to Lahaul
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
Call our Hampta Pass Expert Mr. Rakesh to know more about the trek
100+ 5 Star Google Reviews for Hampta Pass Trek
HOW TO REACH MANALI?
SUMMARY HAMPTA PASS
Hampta Pass Overview and Itinerary
Hampta pass is one of the most awesome treks in Kullu region of Himachal Pradesh. Hampta pass is situated at an altitude of 4200metres(approx) in the Pir Panjal range of the Himalayas. This trek offers the most scenic views of the two different sides of the Himalayas. On one side of the pass you get to see the green Kullu valley and on other side there is desert Lahaul valley.
Hampta Pass trek is considered to be the most convenient and do able treks of Himachal Pradesh. Starting from Manali Valley this trek offers different varieties of landscapes ranging from lush green valleys, beautiful flowers, open pastures, meadows, glacial valleys and finally an exciting climb to the pass. This pass connects the Manali valley to Spiti Valley.
The trail is of easy to moderate grade and hence is suitable for all type of trekkers. This trek offers a complete change of landscape right from green valleys of Manali to rocky valley of Spiti with a glimpse of snow clad peaks and glaciers on the way to the pass. Follow us on Facebook. The locals believe this pass as the gateway to heaven.
The changing landscapes is the main feature of this trek; from lush green meadows, barren land, forest, rivers, big boulders, hanging glaciers, flower rich land, view of the high Himalayan peaks. Those who dare to take challenge can go a step further and trek up to the Chandratal lake. Chandratal lake is another level beauty in the Spiti region. The beauty of the region can not be expressed in words you can only feel it when you are present there at the moment.
Hampta Pass trek Map
What is special about Hampta Pass trekking?
- One of the few treks accessible and safe to do in monsoons
- One of the most beautiful Cross over trek in India
- Takes you from Lush Green Kullu Valley to Lahaul Valley
- One of the few passes which is easy to cross over and you actually cross it
- Visit to Chandratal Lake which is one of the most beautiful High altitude lake
- Perfect for beginners as well as experienced trekkers
- You may find snow till the month of August
HAMPTA PASS TREK ITINERARY
- Reach Manali. The trekkers will be picked up from Manali bus stand by 8:00 AM . Manali is well connected to Delhi and other cities through road. Overnight Volvos and buses are available.
- 25 km ride to Jobra in a cab from Manali.
- An easy 3 km trek to Chika campsite from Jobra.
- Arrival at the Chika campsite followed by evening refreshments.
- A quick introduction with team members and fellow trekkers at the camp site
- Dinner and rest at the campsite.
- Departure to Balu Ka Ghera from Chika after the breakfast.
- Moderate climb till Jwara followed by level walks to Balu Ka Ghera Campsite.
- The trail to Balu Ka Ghera will pass through beautiful valleys offering some stunning landscapes in addition to river crossing at Jwara.
- Arrival at the campsite and refreshments.
- Hot lunch at the campsite.
- Evening acclimatization walk to the nearby areas.
- Dinner and rest at the campsite.
- Trek to Hampta Pass after the breakfast.
- A steep climb to Hampta Pass with some boulder hopping in between.
- Keep sufficient water to the summit climb for hydration.
- You will observe snow clad mountains and glaciers on the way to Hampta Pass.
- Packed lunch midway.
- A 1.5 hrs of tricky descend to Shea Goru from Hampta Pass.
- Arrival at the Shea Goru campsite with evening refreshments.
- Evening walks on the banks of river and witnessing the Spiti Valley.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the camps.
- Departure from Shea Goru campsite to Chatru after breakfast.
- 7 km easy descend trek to Chatru and drive to Chandratal
- The drive from Chattru to Chandratal takes around 4-5 hours
- Reach Chandratal and enjoy the beauty of this high altitude lake
- After exploring the lake, we drive back to Chattru through the same route. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
- Departure from Chattru after breakfast
- Arrival in Manali by evening
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Note: AC doesnt run on hills in fixed departure batches. Standard Non AC vehicles are provided for transportation
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge may vary from Rs. 300/bag/day to to Rs. 600/bag/day depending on the trek.
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
Hampta Pass Trek
Located in the heart of Himachal Pradesh, the hampta pass stands at 14,000 ft in the crossing of Himalayas. With one running deep in the Kullu valley with its forests, grasslands, and blooming flowers the other side moves through the Lahaul landscape with the barren mountains. Once you cross the pass, you’ll be in awe of the stark contrast of the Spiti Valley landscape, known for its rugged terrain and forget-me-not blue skies.
The climb to Hampta Pass trekking experience is thrilling, which heightens the dramatic changes. For trekkers, crossing the pass is a great adventure story, filled with nervous excitement as they climb the many ledges, never really sure until they reach the pass. The last treat for the eyes and the spirit on this trek is Lake Chandratal. It is nestled between the peaks of the Pirpanjal at a height of 4,250 mt.
How to reach the basecamp of Hampta pass- Jobra Village?
To reach Jobra village, which is the base camp for the Hampta Pass trek, you can use a combination of train, air, and bus transport depending on your location and preference. Here are the options:
By Train: The nearest major railway station to Jobra is Chandigarh Junction. From Chandigarh, you can take a bus or hire a taxi to reach Manali. From Manali, Jobra village is approximately 3 hours away by road. Alternatively, you can take a train to Pathankot Junction, which is about 300 km from Manali, and then take a taxi or bus to Manali.
By Air: The nearest airport to Jobra is Bhuntar Airport in Kullu, which is about 50 km from Manali. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Manali. Once in Manali, you can take a taxi or local bus to reach Jobra village.
By Bus: There are several government and private buses available from major cities in Himachal Pradesh such as Shimla, Kullu, and Manali, that go to Jobra. You can also take a bus from Delhi to Manali and then take a local bus or taxi to reach Jobra village.
Safety with TSS
The Searching Souls have always taken Safety as the utmost Priority in their Treks. We Have a “Zero Negligence” approach toward Safety. As a result, we have taken the Following Steps.
Medical Tents: TSS is the Only Company in the Country that Pitches dedicated Medical Tents to The Slopes at all their Campsites. The Medical Tents consist of a Stretcher, Oxygen Cylinder, First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, and a few other facilities depending on the Slope and the nature of The Terrain.
Qualified Trek leaders: All Our Trek Leaders are Qualified From the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and have thorough knowledge and experience of the Mountains.
Emergency Planning: Team TSS always plans a step ahead in the Mountains as we believe anything at any time can happen in the Mountains, All Our trek leaders, Camp managers, and Cooks are aware of what should be the Course of Action in case of Medical emergency and Natural Calamities.
TSS Support Team: Safety in the Mountains begins at Home, Proper Planning and preparation are Key in any Mountain Trek. TSS Support Team is always available and will help you prepare better for the Trek through their Expert Knowledge and Guidance.
TSS Jumbo Bags: For executive travelers seeking adventure, trekking is a popular way to explore unfamiliar terrain and find inner peace. However, selecting the right equipment can be crucial to ensure safety and comfort during the journey. TSS recognizes this and offers a solution with their MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY, which includes all necessary gear for a high-altitude trek at an affordable price.
The company also emphasizes the importance of quality equipment in ensuring a successful and memorable trek, while cautioning against overpriced or unnecessary items. With TSS, travelers can confidently embark on their trek, knowing they have a reliable companion in their trek bag.
Are you tired of spending a fortune on expensive trekking equipment? Look no further than MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY.
Why is Hampta Pass the best trek for you?
While the best time to do the Hampta pass trek is from Mid-April to June and then from September to October, the abundance of snow on the trail makes the trek challenging yet memorable.
Scenic Beauty: The Hampta pass trek offers breathtaking views of snow-capped Himalayan peaks, pristine glaciers, and the beautiful Ganges River. The trek follows a northwesterly route below Chaukhamba Mountain and offers beautiful views of the Himalayas.
The sun setting on the beautiful mountain range can be observed in the evening from the Shivling at Tapovan.
Cultural Experience: The Hampta pass trek takes you through several remote villages and towns, where you can interact with the locals, experience their way of life, and learn about their culture and traditions.
Adventure: The Hampta pass trek is a challenging trek that requires physical fitness and endurance. It is a great opportunity for adventure enthusiasts to test their limits and push themselves out of their comfort zone.
Why Experience the Magic of Hampta pass with The Searching Souls?
Expertise: The Searching Souls is a team of experienced trek leaders who are passionate about sharing their love for the outdoors with others. They have extensive knowledge of the Hampta Pass trek and the surrounding areas, ensuring that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Personalized attention: The Searching Souls focuses on small group sizes, allowing them to provide personalized attention to each trekker. They take the time to understand your individual needs and interests and customize the trek to ensure that you have the best experience possible.
Safety: Safety is a top priority for The Searching Souls. They provide all necessary safety equipment, including first aid kits and emergency communication devices, and their trek leaders are trained in wilderness first aid.
Responsible tourism: The Searching Souls is committed to responsible tourism practices. They follow Leave No Trace principles, minimizing their impact on the environment and also support local communities by using local guides and porters.
Memorable experience: The Hampta pass trek with The Searching Souls is not just a trek, but an experience. From the stunning views of the snow-capped himalayas to the warmth of the local hospitality, the trek is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.
Unlock Your Inner Adventurer with The Searching Souls – Join Our Trekking Journeys and Create Memories that Last a Lifetime!
A: Hampta Pass Trek difficulty level is easy to moderate. It can be done by a beginner as well as experienced trekker.
A: Hampta Pass is one of the most famous monsoon trek of India. It is a crossover trek which takes you from Kullu to Spiti Valley. This Trek offers mesmerizing landscapes, a high altitude pass and has the most beautiful camp sites.Chandratal is one of the key highlights of this trek.
A: It is a safe trek and is one of the few trekking options available from Mid June to mid Sept.
It is the safes high altitude pass trek in India. There are not many risky sections on the trail. The only risky sections are the stream crossings and the descend from the pass.
A: It won’t be apt to compare these, Solang Valley is a tourist spot and Hampta Pass is a trek. Both are beautiful but if you are a kind of a person who just wants to drive to a place then Solang Valley is for you but if you are comfortable with trekking then Hampta pass is anytime a much better option.
A: Yes, Hampta pass is a trek which can be done by a beginner as well as an experienced trekker. One must be physically fit and should not be obese.
A: Definitely as it is one of the easiest high altitude pass trek which can be done by a beginner as well. It is a cross over trek which takes you from lush green Kullu valley to Lahaul which is a barren land with no vegetation.
A: Hampta Pass if one of the most beautiful treks of the country which can be done in monsoons. Everything about this trek is mesmerizing, be it the landscapes, trail or the camp sites.
A: Hampta Pass Trek can not be completed in December due to snow. It is not recommended to attempt this trek during winters.
Mid June to Mid September is the best time to do the Hampta Pass Trek. Generally, the pass can be easily crossed after 1st week of July. In May there is a lot of snow so it is very difficult to cross the pass.
A: You may find snow in the early days of July, as it rains and gets warm by July you may not find snow in the second half of the month.
You can keep extra luggage in the base village for any particular trek. There are no cloak roo charges applicable. Its free of cost
If you are going on a trek don’t expect mobile signals. There are few spots on the trails of few treks where you might find a single tower or something but it always depends if that is enough to make a call or not.
As there are no permanent toilets on the trek, we carry toilet tents which are dry toilets so you need to carry wet tissues/tissue wipes with you.
Yes, TSS team can organize private batches for individual groups, but the cost of the trek may vary according to the number of members in your group. You can talk to our trek coordinator via whatsapp/call to get the customized group rates.
It’s a strict no. If you fall sick during the trek due to alcohol consumption TheSearchingSouls has the right to cancel your trek and send you back to base village. No expenses shall be refunded in that case and you will have to pay additional for stay at base village.
Start running/walking at least 3-4 Kms everyday.
If it’s a snow trek a good trekking shoe is mandatory. If you buy a new shoe do walk for few days so that it fits you well and doesn’t leave you with blisters while you trek. If it is a summer trek or post monsoon trek a shoe with good grip and ankle support will do.
We provide 3 Veg meals and evening Snacks. There will be no non veg served during the trek. Eggs may or may not be served depending on the trek.
We will provide sleeping bags, inner liners,
sleeping mats, tents. You just need to carry
your personal gear.
List of personal Gear is in our website
under Trek Essentials.
Himalaya Journeys Treks &Expedition prides itself on being prepared for any emergency situation. Our guides are trained in first aid and can deal with most of the basic ailments that occur during a trek. Every camp site has basic first aid and oxygen cylinders But if a serious emergency occurs, we will evacuate you to the base village and nearest hospital but the expenses of that has to be borne by the individual
Why Book with TSS?
What should you pack for the Hampta PASS TREK ?
Basic Trek Essentials
Personal Utilities :
Bhrigu Lake Trek
Bhrigu Lake is a high altitude trek in the himalayas of Kullu district of Himanchal Pradesh.
Valley Of Flowers and ...
A hike to the Natural Garden of Flowers amidst the Himalayas. Most popular trek destination in monsoon.
KASHMIR GREAT LAKES TREK
It is indeed one of the most beautiful treks in the country. Like it is said if there is heaven it is there.....