Contact for more details
Mode of Transportation
Summary of Hampta Pass Trekking
|Kauri Pass Trek Altitude / Kauri Pass Trek Distance||⛰14,600 ft / 📍33 kms|
Hampta Pass Trek
Hampta pass is one of the most awesome treks in Kullu region of Himachal Pradesh. Hampta pass is situated at an altitude of 4200metres(approx) in the Pir Panjal range of the Himalayas. This trek offers the most scenic views of the two different sides of the Himalayas. On one side of the pass you get to see the green Kullu valley and on other side there is desert Lahaul valley. Hampta Pass is considered to be the most convenient and do able treks of Himachal Pradesh. Starting from Manali Valley this trek offers different varieties of landscapes ranging from lush green valleys, beautiful flowers, open pastures, meadows, glacial valleys and finally an exciting climb to the pass. This pass connects the Manali valley to Spiti Valley. The trail is of easy to moderate grade and hence is suitable for all type of trekkers. This trek offers a complete change of landscape right from green valleys of Manali to rocky valley of Spiti with a glimpse of snow clad peaks and glaciers on the way to the pass. The locals believe this pass as the gateway to heaven.
The changing landscapes is the main feature of this trek; from lush green meadows, barren land, forest, rivers, big boulders, hanging glaciers, flower rich land, view of the high Himalayan peaks. Those who dare to take challenge can go a step further and trek up to the Chandratal lake. Chandratal lake is another level beauty in the Spiti region. The beauty of the region can not be expressed in words you can only feel it when you are present there at the moment.
What is special about Hampta Pass trekking?
HAMPTA PASS TREK ITENERY
Day 01: Manali to Chika via Jobra
Altitude: 3080 metres, 25 km drive and 3 km trek
- Reach Manali. The trekkers will be picked up from Manali Mall road. Manali is well connected to Delhi and other cities through road. Overnight Volvos and buses are available.
- 25 km ride to Jobra in a cab from Manali.
- An easy 3 km trek to Chika campsite from Jobra.
- Arrival at the Chika campsite followed by evening refreshments.
- A quick introduction with team members and fellow trekkers at the guest house
- Dinner and rest at the campsite.
Day 02: Chika to Balu Ka Ghera
Altitude: 3630 metres, 8.5 km trek
- Departure to Balu Ka Ghera from Chika after the breakfast.
- Moderate climb till Jwara followed by level walks to Balu Ka Ghera Campsite.
- The trail to Balu Ka Ghera will pass through beautiful valleys offering some stunning landscapes in addition to river crossing at Jwara.
- Arrival at the campsite and refreshments.
- Hot lunch at the campsite.
- Evening acclimatization walk to the nearby areas.
- Dinner and rest at the campsite.
Day 03: Balu Ka Ghera to Hampta Pass to Shea Goru
Altitude: 4300 metres, 7 km trek
- Excursion to Hampta Pass after the breakfast.
- A steep climb to Hampta Pass with some boulder hopping in between.
- Keep sufficient water to the summit climb for hydration.
- You will observe snow clad mountains and glaciers on the way to Hampta Pass.
- Packed lunch midway.
- A 1.5 hrs of tricky descend to Shea Goru from Hampta Pass.
- Arrival at the Shea Goru campsite with evening refreshments.
- Evening walks on the banks of river and witnessing the Spiti Valley.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the camps.
Day 04: Shea Goru to Chatru to Manali
Altitude: 3934 metres, 7 km trek and 85 km drive
- Departure from Shea Goru campsite to Chatru after breakfast.
- 7 km easy descend trek to Chatru.
- Packed lunch midway during the trek.
- Arrival at Chatru and departure to Manali.
- A 85 km drive to Manali via Rohtang Pass.
- Arrival at Manali by late evening hours.
Essentials to carry with you on this Trek
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Diamox-Mountain Sickness, Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy