Deoriatal Chandrashilla Peak
Deoriatal Chandrashilla Peak
Tungnath Chandrashila trek lies in the Himalayan region of Uttrakhand. The 3 days trek covers a lot of beautiful places in Uttrakhand like Chopta, Deoriyatal, Tungnath Shiva temple, Chandrashila peak (4000m). Chopta is a small hill station in Uttrakhand comprised of meadows and evergreen forest with treks & camping. Chopta is known for its sunset beauty, you have never seen the sunset like that happens in Chopta. It is covered in snow in winters till March. People from all over the country come here to witness beauty of the region and adventurous people enjoys camping & trekking. Chopta is a perfect holiday destination for family & friends to spend a quality time together in the Himalayas. The trail offers scenic views with glimpses of the state bird Monal.
Deoriatal is a very beautiful emerald lake situated amid dense forests of Rhododendron and Oak forests in the Kedarnath Musk Deer Sanctuary in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand. Perched at an elevation of 2438 metres above sea level, Deoriatal offers a reflection of mighty Chaukhambha peak in its crystal clear water. The trail to Deoriatal is of 3km of easy grade starting from a small village Sari. The trek to Deoriatal is done in combination with Tungnath Chandrashila trek which makes it a must do trek for all types of people.
Tungnath or famously known as the Tungnath temple is a sacred temple dedicated to Lord Shiva located in the mountain ranges of the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand. Perched at an astonishing elevation of 3680 metres above sea level, this temple is the highest Shiva temple in the world, and highest among the other Panch Kedar temples. The temple has a magnificient architecture and is beleived to be 1000 years old. This temple has mythological background associated with Mahabharata. It is said that in order to escape from the Pandavas Lord Shiva disguised himself in the form of bull and took refuge underground. The places where the parts are found are renowned temples and part of the Panch Kedar. Tungnath was the place where his hands were spotted.
Chandrashilla also known as the Moon Peak is the peak situated above the Tungnath Temple at an elevation of 4000 metres above sea level. One can view mighty Himalayan peaks from the summit point of Chandrashilla peak namely Mt. Nanda Devi, Chaukhambha Parvat, Kedar Dome, Bandarpoonch etc. The legend says that it was on this peak where Lord Rama meditated after defeating the Demon King Ravana. A small temple is situated at the summit point of Chandrashila peak. The trek to Tungnath- Chandrashila starts from a small town Chopta in the Rudraprayag district and is a mild trek of 6 km from Chopta.
Video of the Trek:-
Why choose this trek?
- The trail being of easy to moderate level, it requires less fitness levels and is suitable to every age group and people as compared to other Himalayan treks.
- As compared to other lake and summit treks of Uttarakhand, it is the most easily accessible trek.
- Fancying the legends of Tungnath temple at greatest of height.
- The trek offers a complete 360 degree view of mighty Himalayan peaks.
- Achievement of summiting a Himalayan peak of 4000 metres without much stress.
- You can easily spot some great Himalayan birds during the trail, especially Monal, the National Bird of Nepal on the trails to Tungnath and Chandrashilla.
Day 01: Haridwar to Deoriatal
Altitude: 2438 metres, 230 km drive and 2 km trek
- The trekkers will be picked up from Haridwar Bus/Railway Station at 6.00.a.m. from where the journey will begin. Haridwar is well connected with Delhi through railway and road route. Overnight Buses and Trains are available.
- A 230 km road ride to Sari from Haridwar crossing the cities of Rishikesh, Devprayag and Rudraprayag travelling alonside the River Ganga experiencing some best of the views during the travel.
- Breakfast and lunch during the travel will be provided in the road side inns. The meal cost will be paid by the individual.
- Arrival at Sari village, then a easy 2 km hike to Deoriatal Campsite.
- Arrival at the Deoriatal campsite.
- Evening tea and snacks with some fun and briefing session alongwith fellow trekkers and Trek Leader.
- Dinner and rest at the campsite.
Day 02: Deoriatal to Sari to Chopta Campsite
Altitude: 2800 metres, 2 km descend trek + 40 km drive and 2 km ascend trek
- An early morning walk to Deoriatal from the campsite for sightseeing.
- Breakfast at the campsite and then excursion to Sari village by a 2 km descend trek.
- A 40 km drive from Sari village to Chopta, the base for trek to Tungnath & Chandrashilla.
- A 2 km trek to campsite above Chopta on a well trodden path of easy gradient.
- Lunch and rest at the campsite followed by an evening acclimatisation walk to gear up for the next day.
- Evening refreshments and dinner at the campsite.
Day 03: Chopta Campsite to Tungnath & Chandrashilla and back to campsite
Altitude: 4000 metres, 8 km trek
- Excursion to Tungnath temple and Chandrashilla peak after breakfast.
- A 2.5 km ascend trek to Tungnath temple on a maintained trail of easy to moderate grade.
- Rest at the Tungnath temple followed by a moderate trek of 1.5 km to Chandrashilla Peak from the temple.
- Packed lunch at the Chandrashilla peak and excursion back to campsite descending 4 km.
- Evening snacks and dinner at the campsite.
- Overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 04: Chopta to Haridwar
Altitude: 2800 metres, 2 km trek and 230 km drive
- A 2 km descend trek back to Chopta from the campsite after the breakfast.
- A 230 km drive back to Haridwar from Chopta.
- Lunch and evening snacks will be provided in the road side inns.
- Expected time of arrival in Haridwar will be 8.p.m. So you can plan your travel furthur accordingly.
Mode of Transportation
- No of Persons (1-4) : Hatch Back – Alto, Swift or Equivalent Vehicle
- No of Persons (5-8) : Tata Sumo/Mahindra Bolero or Equivalent Vehicle
- No of Persons (9-12): Tempo Traveler
What is Included?
- Transportation from Haridwar to Haridwar
- All Trek cost: Food(Veg Only- Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner), Tents(Triple Sharing), Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Matts
- Snow Grips/Micro Crampons for winter treks (if necessary)
- Accommodation in Hotel/Guest House on Day 1 and Day 5
- Experienced Trek Leader, Guides and a very supportive staff
- Forest permits
- Medical Amenities – First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, oxygen cylinders.
What is not Included?
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion list
- Meals during Transportation
- Any kind of personal Expenses
- Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks, Landslides
- Porter/mule charges (Personal), Back pack offloading Charges
- Cost of Evacuation in case of emergency
Essentials to carry with you on this Trek.
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Diamox-Mountain Sickness, Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
Summary of the Trek
|Summary||Deoriatal Chandrashilla Peak|
|Price After Discount||8500|