THE HIGHEST LORD SHIVA TEMPLE IN THE WORLD
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
|Altitude / Trek Distance||13,123 ft / 13 km|
Tungnath Chandrashilla Peak Trek
Tungnath Chandrashila trek lies in the Himalayan region of Uttrakhand. The 3 days trek covers a lot of beautiful places in Uttrakhand like Chopta, Deoriyatal, Tungnath Shiva temple, Chandrashila peak (4000m). Chopta is a small hill station in Uttrakhand comprised of meadows and evergreen forest with treks & camping. Chopta is known for its beautiful sunsets. Deoriatal is a very beautiful emerald lake situated amid dense forests of Rhododendron. Perched at an elevation of 2438 metres above sea level, Deoriatal offers a reflection of mighty Chaukhambha peak in its crystal clear water. Tungnath or famously known as the Tungnath temple is a sacred temple dedicated to Lord Shiva located in the mountain ranges of the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand. Perched at an astonishing elevation of 3680 metres above sea level, this temple is the highest Shiva temple in the world. Chandrashilla also known as the Moon Peak is the peak situated above the Tungnath Temple at an elevation of 4000 metres above sea level. One can view mighty Himalayan peaks from the summit point of Chandrashilla peak namely Mt. Nanda Devi, Chaukhambha Parvat, Kedar Dome, Bandarpoonch etc.
What is special about Tungnath trekking?
- The trail being of easy grade, is suitable to every age group and people, as compared to other Himalayan treks
- As compared to summit treks of Uttarakhand, it is the most easily accessible trek
- It makes you reach, of Tungnath, The highest Shiva Temple in the world
- The trek offers a complete 360-degree view of mighty Himalayan peaks
- Achievement of summiting a Himalayan peak of 4000 metres without much stress.
- You can easily spot some great Himalayan birds during the trail, especially Monal, the National Bird of Nepal on the trails to Tungnath and Chandrashilla. If you are lucky Himalayan Tahr can also be spotted at times
- This is few of the Himalayan Treks which is accessible throughout the year. Though from Dec to Feb the trek comes under moderate category due to heavy snow fall in the region
Tungnath Trek Video
Tungnath Trek Video
Tungnath Trek Experience with TSS
TUNGNATH TREK ITINERARY
Altitude: metres, 230 km drive, approx 08 hours
- Pick up from Haridwar at 7:00 AM.
- Drive to Chopta from Rishikesh via Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudraprayag.
- Arrival at Chopta and accommodation will be in a Deluxe Camps
- Dinner and rest at camps followed by a quick introduction and briefing session with the tour leader
- Trek to Tungnath Temple after breakfast.
- The trail is of easy to moderate ascend. It generally takes 3-4 hours to reach the temple
- Ascend to Chandrashila Summit. Packed lunch at summit.
- Descend down to Chopta by evening. Enjoy the beautiful sunset from Chopta
- Overnight stay in the camps.
- Leave early from Chopta and drive to Sari village
- hike for 2 hours towards Deoriyatal
- Enjoy the reflection of mighty Chaukhamba peak on the lake.
- Descend down to Sari village by lunch
- Drive back to haridwar.
- Expected time of arrival 11:00 PM
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Note: AC doesnt run on hills in fixed departure batches. Standard Non AC vehicles are provided for transportation
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
Why book with TSS?
Chandrashila Peak is at an altitude of 4000m whereas Tungnath temple is located at an altitude of 3600m.
Base camp for both the Treks is Chopta and also both of them lie on the Same Trail.
From Chopta to Tungnath Temple Trek distance is approx 5km and from Tungnath temple to Chandrashila Peak is approx 1km.
No, It is one of The Easiest Winter treks. The Trail is well made and broad.
It is a 3 Days and 2 Nights Trek starting from Rishikesh to Rishikesh.
Tungnath temple is approx 5km from Chopta.
Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple in the world and is the highest of the five Panch Kedar temples located in the Rudraprayag district, in the Indian state of Uttarakhand.