Brahmatal Lake Trek
TOUR DATES & ITINERARY! START YOUR DREAM ADVENTURE NOW!
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
|Altitude / Trek Distance||12,150 ft / 22 km|
Brahmatal Trek Overview & Itinerary
Not many high altitude treks in our country are accessible in the months of December, January and February. Brahmatal trek being one classic exception among them where trekking in winters is possible. The main reason behind Brahmatal trek to be a success among winter treks is the ample availability of snow and camping alongside frozen Bekaltal lake. To add to the grandeur is the visibility of mighty Himalayan Peaks such as the likes of Mount Trishul and Mount Nanda Ghuti in the backdrops. From the Brahmatal top, one can easily view Himalayan Peaks like Mt. Chaukhambha, Neelkanth, Panchachulli Group of Peaks etc. which is a view worth summiting. The trek to Brahmatal starts from Lohajung lying in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. The trek comprises of trails passing through forests, villages, meadows, frozen lake and finally Brahmatal with high Himalayan peaks in the backdrop. An evening winter walk in the open meadows around the lake is a walk to be remembered forever. It is said by local villagers that Lord Brahma meditated at the Brahmatal Lake making it a sacred lake.
What is special about Brahmatal trekking?
- This trek is accessible throughout the year and can be done by beginners as well as intermediate trekkers (Dec to March)
- While trekking witness a different terrain every day, from Oak forest to high altitude meadow and a peak climb on summit day
- The main features of the trek are the beautiful trails with panoramic views of the Himalayan range. Peaks like Mt. Trishul, Mt. Nanda Ghunti and Mt. Mrigthoni can be feels to be at an arms distance
- One gets to witness beautiful frozen lakes – Bekaltal and Brahmatal. These high altitude scenic lakes makes this trek a must visit place if you are looking for trekking in winters
BRAHMATAL TREK ITINERARY
- Trekkers will be picked up from Kathgodam Railway/Bus Station at 6 AM
- 230 km ride to Lohajung in a cab via Rishikesh, Devprayag, Rudraprayag and Karnaprayag
- Halt at the guest house/hotel in Lohajung.
- Dinner at Lohajung.
- A quick introduction with team members and fellow trekkers at the guest house
- Trek from Lohajung to Daldam after breakfast, trail comprising of forest with awesome views.
- The trail continues in gradual ascends
- Arrival at the campsite. Hot lunch at the campsite.
- Acclimatization walk and engagement activities around the campsite
- Evening refreshments followed by dinner
- The trek will pass through forests of Oak and Rhododendrons before opening up to large meadows of Telandi.
- Descend down from Jhandi top to Brahmatal
- Arrival at the campsite followed by lunch and rest.
- Evening walk and refreshment.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the camps.
- Trek to Brahmatal Top from the campsite after the breakfast.
- Moderate to steep climb to Brahmatal top.
- Arrival at the summit point with Himalayan peaks like Mt. Trishul, Mt. Nanda Ghuti, Mt. Chaukhambha, Nilgiri, Neelkanth in the backdrops.
- Rest and packed lunch at the Summit point.
- Descend back to Brahmatal campsite from the summit point.
- Arrival at the campsite followed by evening refreshments.
- Dinner and stay at the camps
- Trek to Lohajung from Brahmatal campsite after breakfast.
- Arrival at Lohajung around 2 PM
- Lunch followed by rest
- Departure from Lohajung to Kathgodam.
- 230 km ride back to Dehradun via Karnaprayag, Rudraprayag, Devprayag
- Expected time of arrival 8 P.M
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy