TOUR DATES & ITINERARY! START YOUR DREAM ADVENTURE NOW!
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
|Altitude / Trek Distance||12,150 ft / 22 km|
|Day Temperature||15 to 20 Deg|
|Night Temperature||02 to -8 Deg|
150+ 5 Star Google Reviews for Brahmatal Trek
How We Make Treks Comfortable and Safe for you?
Brahmatal Trek Overview & Itinerary
Brahmatal trek is a very popular winter trekking destination. The main reason behind Brahmatal trek to be a success among winter treks is the ample availability of snow and camping alongside frozen Bekaltal lake. To add to the grandeur is the visibility of mighty Himalayan Peaks such as the likes of Mount Trishul and Mount Nanda Ghuti in the backdrops. From the Brahmatal top, one can easily view Himalayan Peaks like Mt. Chaukhambha, Neelkanth, Panchachulli Group of Peaks etc. which is a view worth summiting. The trek to Brahmatal starts from Lohajung lying in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. The trek comprises of trails passing through forests, villages, meadows, frozen lake and finally Brahmatal with high Himalayan peaks in the backdrop. An evening winter walk in the open meadows around the lake is a walk to be remembered forever. It is said by local villagers that Lord Brahma meditated at the Brahmatal Lake making it a sacred lake.
What is special about Brahmatal trekking?
- This trek is accessible throughout the year and can be done by beginners as well as intermediate trekkers (Dec to March)
- While trekking witness a different terrain every day, from Oak forest to high altitude meadow and a peak climb on summit day
- The main features of the trek are the beautiful trails with panoramic views of the Himalayan range. Peaks like Mt. Trishul, Mt. Nanda Ghunti and Mt. Mrigthoni can be feels to be at an arms distance
- One gets to witness beautiful frozen lakes – Bekaltal and Brahmatal. These high altitude scenic lakes makes this trek a must visit place if you are looking for trekking in winters
BRAHMATAL TREK ITINERARY
- Trekkers will be picked up point near Railway station at 6:00 AM
- 8-10 Hours drive to Lohajung
- Halt at the guest house/hotel in Lohajung.
- Dinner at Lohajung.
- A quick introduction with team members and fellow trekkers at the guest house
- Trek from Lohajung to Bekaltal after breakfast, trail comprising of forest with awesome views.
- The trail continues in gradual ascends
- Arrival at the campsite. Hot lunch at the campsite.
- Acclimatization walk and engagement activities around the campsite
- Evening refreshments followed by dinner
- Leave for Brahmatal Camp site after breakfast
- The trek will pass through forests of Oak and Rhododendrons before opening up to large meadows of Telandi.
- Descend down from Jhandi top to Brahmatal
- Arrival at the campsite followed by lunch and rest.
- Evening walk and refreshment.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the camps
- Trek to Brahmatal Top from the campsite after the breakfast.
- Moderate to steep climb to Brahmatal top.
- Arrival at the summit point with Himalayan peaks like Mt. Trishul, Mt. Nanda Ghuti, Mt. Chaukhambha, Nilgiri, Neelkanth in the backdrops.
- Rest and packed lunch at the Summit point.
- Descend down to Daldam campsite from the summit point.
- Arrival at the campsite followed by evening refreshments.
- Dinner and stay at the camps
- Trek to Lohajung from Daldam campsite after breakfast.
- Arrival at Lohajung around 2 PM
- Lunch followed by rest
- Departure from Lohajung to Kathgodam/Dehradun/
- 230 km ride back to Dehradun via Karnaprayag, Rudraprayag, Devprayag
- Expected time of arrival 8 P.M
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
Why book with TSS?
The Brahmatal Trek is yet another jewel of the Himalayas which is uninfluenced by the trekkers. Devoted to Lord Brahma, this place is located delectably amidst the Himalayas and is overlaid with snow most time of the year. The trail of this trek allows the adventurers to witness long lived and perennial forests of Oak and Rhododendron. On clear days,this trek also serves an opportunity to have a glimpseof the magnificent Garhwal Mountains situated ata distance,the beauty of which is absolutely heart melting. Resting in the depths of the Uttarakhand, at an altitude of 3,800 meters, the Brahmatal treats the trekkers with some of the most splendid views of giant mountain peaks of Mount Trishul, Mount Nanda Ghunti and Mount Khamet. The Brahmatal Trek makes a perfect winter trekking option for the beginners as it is that one trek which is open all throughout the winter seasonwhen most of the other trekking avenues are non-functional.
Synopsis of the Brahmatal Trek
Being one of the favourite trekking destinations for us, at The Searching Soul, the Brahmatal Trek lays on one of the prettiest forest walks and a perfect plan to witness diverse bird species and greenery those are rare in flora and fauna. During spring, the trails of these forests are carpeted in the red and pink blooms of rhododendrons. In winters, the landscape transforms dramatically sheathing the region in immaculate white snow, making it nothing short of a Winter wonderland.
The Searching Soulgives you a perfect guideline for trekking through the Brahmatal Lake in Himalayas. The trek of Brahmatal begins from Lohajung village in the Chamoli district in Garhwal Himalayas which is also the base camp for the trekkers here. The trek’s trail begins from Lohajung which is 8-9 hours’ journey from Dehradun through picturesque and convoluting roads of Kumaon and Garhwal region. The route is almost always gloomyand hazy which goes through the foliage of the coniferous and dense forest. The long meandering road is full of loops and curves. The further trek from Lohajung to the Gujreni campsite, which is of 6 KM, runs through dark and dumpy forests. The campsite being in the heart of some of the magical panoramic views of snow-capped ranges, it is farther surrounded by trees of Oaks and Rhododendrons. Even with so much of geographical curbs, Brahmatal Trek difficulty level is easy to moderate. In fact, beginners can participate in Brahmatal trekking as much as an expert trekker can.
The Searching Soul is a company that promotes and encourages a learning based adventurous experiences to the trekkers by taking them out of their comfort zone and pushing them towards individual reflections through our trekking services. We are a team of passionate people who are enthusiastic about spanning through the mountains from the time when trekking was not even properly known by the people in India. It is since then that we have been working with a goal of creating a sustainable trekking environment for people.
Brahmatal trek is an Easy to Moderate level Trek that is best for beginners and intermediate Trekkers. The Cold Weather especially in winters makes it a bit challenging at that time of Year.
Yes, beginners can register for this Trek. Though we recommend prior small trek before doing Brahmatal as it will give you a better feel of how comfortable you are on the trail and during nights in the camp.
Mid November to March is the best time for the trek as the Entire Trail is covered with Snow.
Absolutely, it is one of the most beautiful winter trek with less no. of people as compared to few other Commercial treks.
The two huge Frozen Lakes: Bekaltal and Brahmatal and the view of the mighty Himalayan peaks such as Trishul, Nandaghunti
makes it the one of the most astonishing trek during the winters.
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- Nearest Railway station: Kathgodam, Uttarakhand.
- Alternate Route from Dehradun: Devprayag – Rudraprayag – Karanprayag – Tharali – Debal – Mundoli – Lohajung.
Yes, the Trek is safe in all months but to trek in winters you should be properly equipped in terms of equipments and clothes else the peak winters and chilling winds will be enough to prevent you from the summit.
Yes, In Lohajung all networks are available but during Trek you will not get any network.