KUARI PASS TREK
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
SUMMARY KUARI PASS TREK
How We Make Kuari Pass Trek Comfortable and Safe for you?
Kuari Pass Trek Overview & Itinerary
Kuari Pass trek is one of the oldest treks in the Garwal region of Uttrakhand. In 1905 Lord Curzon, the then Viceroy of India, reached Kuari Pass Trek and from then this trail is referred as The Lord Curzon’s Trail. This trail lies in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. This trek is a top choice in the trekking community as it provides a stunning view of India’s 2nd and 3rd highest peak namely Mt. Nanda Devi and Mt. Kamet respectively.
A constant change in landscape makes it different from other Himalayan treks. Apart from Nanda Devi and Kamet the peaks visible are Mt. Neelkanth, Mt. Dronagiri, Mt. Hathi Ghoda, Lampak I & II etc. Spanning over 6 days, this trek is of easy to moderate grade. The journey starts from Rishikesh till Joshimath, which serves as our base camp.
The Kuari Pass trek commences from Dhak village which is 12 km above Joshimath. Subscribe our YouTube Channel. From Dhak, the trail opens up to cliff side villages, forests, open grassland and snow laden Himalayan Peaks in the background.
What is special about Kauri Pass trekking?
- It holds historic importance as it follows the legendary Lord Curzon’s Trail
- View of almost all major Himalayan Peaks of Uttarakhand including Mt. Nanda Devi, which is the highest peak of India within its borders.
- A picturesque trek with beautiful camp sites
- Snow laden trails accessible throughout the year. Kuari Pass trek is beautiful in all seasons.
- Easy to do trek which is good for beginners as well as pro trekkers
- Walk through some of the old villages in the Joshimath region
Kauri Pass Trekking Trip Video
KUARI PASS TREK ITINERARY
- Pick up from Rishikesh at 7:00 AM.
- Drive to Pipalkoti from Rishikesh via Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudraprayag.
- Breakfast and lunch during the travel will be provided in the road side inns and will be paid by the individuals.
- Arrival at Pipalkoti, accommodation will be in a guest house/hotel.
- Dinner and rest at the guest house/hotel followed by a quick introduction and briefing session with the trek leader and fellow travelers.
- Leave for Tugasi village road head after breakfast
- Trek to guling camp site.
- Arrival at campsite around lunch time.
- Acclimatization walk in evening
- Evening snacks and Dinner at camp site
- Breakfast in Guling camp site
- Trek to Khulara camp after breakfast
- Arrival in camp followed by lunch and acclimatisation walk
- Dinner followed by rest
- This is the summit day, leave early to Kuari Pass after breakfast
- Return to Tali camp site in evening
- After breakfast start descend towards Pipalkoti
- Drive to Pipalkoti
- Overnight in Hotel
- After breakfast leave for Rishikesh
- Expected time of arrival in Rishikesh 7:00 PM
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
FAQ'S of Kuari Pass trek
No, Kuari Pass is of easy to Moderate level Trek. It is easy throughout the year but in winters in becomes moderate due to cold climate and high altitude Khulara Campsite.
Kuari Pass is a Himalayan mountain Pass in Garhwal Region of Uttarakhand, the Base camp for the Trek is Joshimath. From
Joshimath one need to go Dhak Village which is a drive of around 10km and then one need to trek approx 16km to reach The Pass.
Altitude : 3800m
In Terms of Duration it usually takes 6 Days and 5 nights from Rishikesh to Rishikesh.
In terms of Distance from Dhak Village it is approx 32kms.
Kuari pass is one of the few all season treks due to its beautiful Geography but it is more popular as a winter trek.
Best Time: Mid November to March.
Yes, the Trek is pretty safe. The Trail is well made and if a trekker is experienced or follows the instructions of the trek lEader there is nothing to worry about.
Day 01: You need to reach Joshimath from Delhi. The best way to do it is reach Rishikesh first. Many overnight buses are available from Delhi to Rishikesh.
Day 02: Rishikesh to Joshimath Via Shared Taxi That travels only in the morning time.
From here on you can follow the above itinerary as mentioned.
You can keep extra luggage in the base village for any particular trek. There are no cloak roo charges applicable. Its free of cost
If you are going on a trek don’t expect mobile signals. There are few spots on the trails of few treks where you might find a single tower or something but it always depends if that is enough to make a call or not.
As there are no permanent toilets on the trek, we carry toilet tents which are dry toilets so you need to carry wet tissues/tissue wipes with you.
Yes, TSS team can organize private batches for individual groups, but the cost of the trek may vary according to the number of members in your group. You can talk to our trek coordinator via whatsapp/call to get the customized group rates.
It’s a strict no. If you fall sick during the trek due to alcohol consumption TheSearchingSouls has the right to cancel your trek and send you back to base village. No expenses shall be refunded in that case and you will have to pay additional for stay at base village.
Start running/walking at least 3-4 Kms everyday.
If it’s a snow trek a good trekking shoe is mandatory. If you buy a new shoe do walk for few days so that it fits you well and doesn’t leave you with blisters while you trek. If it is a summer trek or post monsoon trek a shoe with good grip and ankle support will do.
We provide 3 Veg meals and evening Snacks. There will be no non veg served during the trek. Eggs may or may not be served depending on the trek.
We will provide sleeping bags, inner liners,
sleeping mats, tents. You just need to carry
your personal gear.
List of personal Gear is in our website
under Trek Essentials.
Himalaya Journeys Treks &Expedition prides itself on being prepared for any emergency situation. Our guides are trained in first aid and can deal with most of the basic ailments that occur during a trek. Every camp site has basic first aid and oxygen cylinders But if a serious emergency occurs, we will evacuate you to the base village and nearest hospital but the expenses of that has to be borne by the individual
Kauri Pass trekking Map
Is the Kuari pass trek for me: All the reasons why you should explore the Kuari pass
- Kuari Pass Trek is a great destination for mountain enthusiasts
- The trek offers stunning views of India’s largest mountains, including Mt Nanda Devi
- The trek, takes you through ancient oak and rhododendron-filled forests and beautiful meadows
- The camping locations, such as Chitrakantha forests and Khullara meadow, are remarkable and provide breathtaking views
- Kuari Pass is a good choice for beginners as it is almost perfectly tailored for them.
To reach the basecamp of Kuari pass Trek you can:
By Air: The nearest airport to Joshimath is the Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, which is about 286 km away. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Joshimath.
By Train: The nearest railway station to Joshimath is Rishikesh Railway Station, which is about 256 km away. From there, you can take a taxi or bus to reach Joshimath.
By Bus: Joshimath is well-connected by bus to major cities in Uttarakhand and neighboring states. You can take a bus from Rishikesh, Haridwar, or Dehradun to reach Joshimath. It is also possible to hire a taxi or book a private car from these cities to reach Joshimath.
Safety with TSS
The Searching Souls has always taken Safety as the utmost Priority in their Treks. We Have a “Zero Negligence” approach toward Safety. As a result, we have taken the Following Steps.
Medical Tents: TSS is the Only Company in the Country that Pitches dedicated Medical Tents to The Slopes at all their Campsites. The Medical Tents consist of a Stretcher, Oxygen Cylinder, First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, and a few other facilities depending on the Slope and the nature of The Terrain.
Qualified Trek leaders: All Our Trek Leaders are Qualified From the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and have thorough knowledge and experience of the Mountains.
Emergency Planning: Team TSS always plans a step ahead in the Mountains as we believe anything at any time can happen in the Mountains, All Our trek leaders, Camp managers, and Cooks are aware of what should be the Course of Action in case of Medical emergency and Natural Calamities.
TSS Support Team: Safety in the Mountains begins at Home, Proper Planning and preparation are Key in any Mountain Trek. TSS Support Team is always available and will help you prepare better for the Trek through their Expert Knowledge and Guidance.
TSS Jumbo Bags: For executive travelers seeking adventure, trekking is a popular way to explore unfamiliar terrain and find inner peace. However, selecting the right equipment can be crucial to ensure safety and comfort during the journey. TSS recognizes this and offers a solution with their MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY, which includes all necessary gear for a high-altitude trek at an affordable price.
The company also emphasizes the importance of quality equipment in ensuring a successful and memorable trek, while cautioning against overpriced or unnecessary items. With TSS, travelers can confidently embark on their trek, knowing they have a reliable companion in their trek bag.
Are you tired of spending a fortune on expensive trekking equipment? Look no further than MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY.
Why Experience the Magic of kuari pass with The Searching Souls?
Expertise: The Searching Souls is a team of experienced trek leaders who are passionate about sharing their love for the outdoors with others. They have extensive knowledge of the kuari pass and the surrounding areas, ensuring that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Personalized attention: The Searching Souls focuses on small group sizes, allowing them to provide personalized attention to each trekker. They take the time to understand your individual needs and interests and customize the trek to ensure that you have the best experience possible.
Safety: Safety is a top priority for The Searching Souls. They provide all necessary safety equipment, including first aid kits and emergency communication devices, and their trek leaders are trained in wilderness first aid.
Responsible tourism: The Searching Souls is committed to responsible tourism practices. They follow Leave No Trace principles, minimizing their impact on the environment, and also support local communities by using local guides and porters.
Memorable experience: The kuari pass trek with The searching Souls is not just a trek, but an experience. From the stunning views to the warmth of the local hospitality, the trek is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.
Why book with TSS?
The Kuari Pass trek is bolstered in the heart of snow covered Garhwal Himalayas and located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, India. The trek is situated at an altitude of 12,516 ft. above the sea level which enables a crest view of Dronagiri, Chitrakantha, Chaukhamba and Tali mountaintop from here that in itself is a breath taking experience.
The trek of Kuari Pass Trek guarantees to beguile the visitors with its striking glory and magnificence. Trekkers find solace here in the interlude of meadow pastures and enchanting forests with florescent of oak trees and rhododendron which puts together an extremely scenic path for them. On Kuari Pass Trek, one can also commend the enthralling views of river Bhagirathi and Alakananda which makes the conquest even more thrilling.
Synopsis of the Kuari Pass Trek
We, at The Searching Soul, offer trekking services in such a way that it fulfils the common urge to experience the remote, wild and beautiful areas of the Kuari Pass Trek while breaking out of self imposed limitations and overcoming difficult odds those are involved in the whole trekking adventure here.
Our expedition starts from Garhwal Himalayas, from where it is a 33 KM journey to Kuari Pass Trek which makes it one of the most majestic options for trekkers visiting popular pilgrim cities of Rishikesh, Devprayag, Joshimath and Haridwar. This particular trek also lets its by passers witness the beauty of Mount Nanda Devi which is the second highest peak in India.
Kuari Pass Trek sets about at Joshimath within the Chamoli district which has expanded as the main terminus for trekkers from this part of the Himalayas. It is a six days’ trek including the travelling from Rishikesh to Joshimath and return. We also provide an assistance to people willing to begin their trek from Ghat, which is basedin the pristine valley of Mandakhini and is 7-8 hours drive away from Rishikesh.
From here, one has to trek for about 6-7 hours to reach Ramni where a further trek leads to Sem Kharak. On going remoter, the trekkersdescend to a suspension bridge over Birthi Ganga and climb again to a beautiful village of Pana which is full of arduous trek through old-grown forests and quaint meadows. Our journey from here to Kuari Pass is of about 2-3 hours and is extremely steep and tiring. However, on finally reaching the charming Kuari Pass one finds himself rejuvenated again.
The Searching Soul is one of the best trekking management company in the Himalayas that helps one explore nature at its very best. We take you to some of the most pristine spots which are full of untouched surroundings, impressive vistas and views of soaring peaks. Besides, we also offer holidays that merges modern comforts with the excitement of being in the wild and surrounded by nature.
Our experienced and knowledgeable trip leaders will help you find a trip with just the right blend of challenge and enjoyment, while providing you with an opportunity to go to the next level.
DAYARA BUGYAL TREK
Hike to a high altitude meadow considered among the highest & largest meadows of the Himalayas offering a panoramic view of gigant...
BRAHMATAL LAKE TREK
A Stunning Best Winter Trek Offering Meadows, Forests and snow laden peaks of the Himalyas.....