KUARI PASS TREK
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
SUMMARY KUARI PASS
Kuari Pass Trek Overview & Itinerary
Kuari Pass trek is one of the oldest treks in the Garwal region of Uttrakhand. In 1905 Lord Curzon, the then Viceroy of India, reached Kuari Pass and from then this trail is referred as The Lord Curzon’s Trail. This trail lies in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. This trek is a top choice in the trekking community as it provides a stunning view of India’s 2nd and 3rd highest peak namely Mt. Nanda Devi and Mt. Kamet respectively. A constant change in landscape makes it different from other Himalayan treks. Apart from Nanda Devi and Kamet the peaks visible are Mt. Neelkanth, Mt. Dronagiri, Mt. Hathi Ghoda, Lampak I & II etc. Spanning over 6 days, this trek is of easy to moderate grade. The journey starts from Rishikesh till Joshimath, which serves as our base camp. The Kuari Pass trek commences from Dhak village which is 12 km above Joshimath. From Dhak, the trail opens up to cliff side villages, forests, open grassland and snow laden Himalayan Peaks in the background.
What is special about Kauri Pass trekking?
- It holds historic importance as it follows the legendary Lord Curzon’s Trail
- View of almost all major Himalayan Peaks of Uttarakhand including Mt. Nanda Devi, which is the highest peak of India within its borders.
- A picturesque trek with beautiful camp sites
- Snow laden trails accessible throughout the year. Kuari Pass trek is beautiful in all seasons.
- Easy to do trek which is good for beginners as well as pro trekkers
- Walk through some of the old villages in the Joshimath region
Kauri Pass Trekking Trip Video
KUARI PASS TREK ITINERARY
Altitude: 1821 metres, 274 km drive, approx 10 hours
- Pick up from Rishikesh at 6:00 AM.
- Drive to Joshimath from Rishikesh via Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudraprayag.
- Breakfast and lunch during the travel will be provided in the road side inns and will be paid by the individuals.
- Arrival at Joshimath town, accommodation will be in a guest house/hotel.
- Dinner and rest at the guesthouse/hotel followed by a quick introduction and briefing session with the trek leader and fellow travellers.
- Leave for Dhak village road head after breakfast
- Trek to guling camp site.
- Arrival at campsite around lunch time.
- Acclimatization walk in evening
- Evening snacks and Dinner at camp site
- Breakfast in Guling camp site
- Trek to Khulara camp after breakfast
- Arrival in camp followed by lunch and acclimatisation walk
- Dinner followed by rest
- This is the summit day, leave early to Kuari Pass after breakfast
- Return to Guling camp site in evening
- After breakfast ascend to Tali top
- Move towards Auli
- Spend some time in Auli Gorson Bugyal and descend to Auli Road head
- Drive to Joshimath
- Overnight in Hotel
- After breakfast leae for Rishikesh
- Expected time of arrival in Rishikesh 8:00 PM
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
Why book with TSS?
The Kuari Pass is bolstered in the heart of snow covered Garhwal Himalayas and located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, India. The trek is situated at an altitude of 12,516 ft. above the sea level which enables a crest view of Dronagiri, Chitrakantha, Chaukhamba and Tali mountaintop from here that in itself is a breath taking experience. The trek of Kuari Pass guarantees to beguile the visitors with its striking glory and magnificence. Trekkers find solace here in the interlude of meadow pastures and enchanting forests with florescent of oak trees and rhododendron which puts together an extremely scenic path for them. On Kuari Pass Trek, one can also commend the enthralling views of river Bhagirathi and Alakananda which makes the conquest even more thrilling.
Synopsis of the Kuari Pass Trek
We, at The Searching Soul, offer trekking services in such a way that it fulfils the common urge to experience the remote, wild and beautiful areas of the Kuari Pass while breaking out of self imposed limitations and overcoming difficult odds those are involved in the whole trekking adventure here. Our expedition starts from Garhwal Himalayas, from where it is a 33 KM journey to Kuari Pass which makes it one of the most majestic options for trekkers visiting popular pilgrim cities of Rishikesh, Devprayag, Joshimath and Haridwar. This particular trek also lets its by passers witness the beauty of Mount Nanda Devi which is the second highest peak in India.
Kuari Pass Trek sets about at Joshimath within the Chamoli district which has expanded as the main terminus for trekkers from this part of the Himalayas. It is a six days’ trek including the travelling from Rishikesh to Joshimath and return. We also provide an assistance to people willing to begin their trek from Ghat, which is basedin the pristine valley of Mandakhini and is 7-8 hours drive away from Rishikesh. From here, one has to trek for about 6-7 hours to reach Ramni where a further trek leads to Sem Kharak. On going remoter, the trekkersdescend to a suspension bridge over Birthi Ganga and climb again to a beautiful village of Pana which is full of arduous trek through old-grown forests and quaint meadows. Our journey from here to Kuari Pass is of about 2-3 hours and is extremely steep and tiring. However, on finally reaching the charming Kuari Pass one finds himself rejuvenated again.
The Searching Soul is one of the best trekking management company in the Himalayas that helps one explore nature at its very best. We take you to some of the most pristine spots which are full of untouched surroundings, impressive vistas and views of soaring peaks. Besides, we also offer holidays that merges modern comforts with the excitement of being in the wild and surrounded by nature. Our experienced and knowledgeable trip leaders will help you find a trip with just the right blend of challenge and enjoyment, while providing you with an opportunity to go to the next level.