Dayara Bugyal Trek
ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ALPINE MEADOWS OF INDIA
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
SUMMARY DAYARA BUGYAL
|Altitude / Trek Distance||11811 ft / 18 kms|
Dayara Bugyal Trek Overview & Itinerary
Dayara Bugyal is one of the most beautiful high altitude meadows of the country located in the himalayas of Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. Perched at an altitude of 3408 metres above sea level, this meadow has everything a trekker wishes for. Equally beautiful throughout the year, Dayara Bugyal covers an astonishing area of 28 km and is among the highest and largest meadows which attracts hundreds of tourists and trekkers from all over the country. With magnificient views of the Himalayan peaks like Mt. Bandarpoonch, Kalanag, Jaonali, Srikanth, and the Gangotri group of Peaks.
It is the best travel destination for adventure lovers; Trekking/Hiking, Skiing, Snow laden high Himalayan Mountains, scenic views are some of the jewels of this picturesque place. Spanning over 28 sq. km in area is a high altitude grassland but in winters it is painted with whiteness of snow. Indian trekkers visit this place once in a while to witness the beauty in various seasons of the year. The best thing about this trek is that it is accessible throughout the year.
Another good thing about this trek is that it is easy to moderate level trek; anyone with a medium physical fitness can do this trek.
Hike to Dayara Bugyal starts from a small village called Raithal which is 30 km from Uttarkashi. The hike to Dayara Bugyal is of 8 km and is of easy to medium grade. The trek trail passes through thick coniferous forests and then opens to a vast grassland i.e. Dayara Bugyal. This trek is accessible throughout the year and offers different views seasonally. It is also a perfect skiing location for the skiing lovers in the months of January and February.
What is special about Dayara Bugyal trekking?
- The trek trail being of easy to moderate level, it requires less fitness levels and is suitable to every age group and people as compared to other Himalayan treks.
- Hike to one of the Highest meadows of India.
- Accessible throughout the year and is beautiful in all seasons. Greenery from Apr – Oct and Snow laden trails from Nov-Mar
- A small trek offering bigger mountain experiences
- Easy Trek which can be done by any one. Lesser efforts with greater rewards
- A complete peace offering place at the summit view.
- The destination offers a complete 360 degree view of mighty Himalayan peaks. Mt. Bandarpoonch, Mt Jaonli, Mt. Srikanth and Mt. Draupadi ka Danda seems at an arms distance from the Bugyal
Dayara Bugyal Trek Video
Dayara Bugyal in Winters
Dayara Bugyal in Summer and Post Monsoon
DAYARA BUGYAL TREK ITINERARY
Day 01: Travel from Dehradun to Raithal
Altitude: 1800 metres, 230 km drive
- The trekkers will be picked up from Haridwar Bus/Railway Station at 6.00.a.m. from where the journey will begin. Haridwar is well connected with Delhi through railway and road route. Overnight Buses and Trains are available.
- A 230 km road ride to Raithal from Haridwar crossing the cities of Rishikesh, Chamba and Uttarkashi travelling across the river Bhagirathi, the main source of River Ganga.
- Breakfast and lunch during the travel will be provided in the road side inns. The cost of the meals during the travel will be paid by the individual.
- Arrival at Raithal village, a small village located 20 km above the city of Uttarkashi which serves as the starting point of the trek.
- Stay at the homestay in Raithal.
- A quick introduction & briefing session with the trek leader and fellow trekkers.
- Dinner and rest at the homestay.
Day 02: Hike from Raithal to Gui Campsite
Altitude: 2898 metres, 5 km trek
- Hike to Gui Campsite from Raithal after the breakfast.
- A 5 km ascend trek to Gui campsite of easy grade passing through patches of forest.
- Arrival at the Gui campsite, hot lunch at the campsite.
- An evening acclimatization walk in the nearby area.
- Evening refreshments and snacks post walk.
- Dinner at the campsite.
- Overnight stay at the camps.
Day 03: Hike from Gui Campsite to Dayara Bugyal and back to Gui Campsite.
Altitude: 3408 metres, 4 km trek
- Hike to Dayara Bugyal from the campsite after the breakfast.
- The trek trail to Dayara Bugyal is of moderate ascent passing through the forests of Oak and Rhondendron with level walks in between till Dayara.
- Rest and packed lunch at the Dayara View point.
- Hike back to Gui Campsite from Dayara Top.
- Arrival at the campsite followed by evening refreshments and snacks.
- Trekkers will be provided dinner and stay at the campsite
Day 04: Hike from Gui Campsite to Raithal then Travel to Dehradun
Altitude: 2898 metres, 5 km trek and 230 km drive
- Descend back to Raithal village from Gui after breakfast on a 5 km descend trail.Hike through the same way from where we have ascended.
- A 230 km drive back to Haridwar from Raithal village passing through Uttarkashi, Chamba and Rishikesh.
- Expected time of arrival in Haridwar will be Late evening. So you can plan your travel further accordingly.
TSS Jumbo Bag - Rental Solution
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Light Towel,Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy