Dayara Bugyal Trek
ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ALPINE MEADOWS OF INDIA
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
SUMMARY DAYARA BUGYAL TREK
|Altitude / Trek Distance||11811 ft / 18 kms|
|Day Temperature||15 to 20 Deg|
|Night Temperature||02 to -8 Deg|
170+ 5 Star Google Reviews for Dayara Bugyal Trek
How We Make Treks Comfortable and Safe for you?
Dayara Bugyal Trek Overview & Itinerary
Dayara Bugyal trek is one of the most beautiful high altitude meadows of the country located in the Gangotri range of himalayas in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. Perched at an altitude of 3408 metres above sea level, this meadow has everything a trekker wishes for. Equally beautiful throughout the year, Dayara Bugyal covers an astonishing area of 28 km and is among the highest and largest meadows which attracts hundreds of tourists and trekkers from all over the country. One can witness magnificient views of the Himalayan peaks like Mt. Bandarpoonch, Kalanag, Jaonli, Srikanth, and the Gangotri group of Peaks. Hike to Dayara Bugyal starts from a small village called Raithal which is 30 km from Uttarkashi. The hike to Dayara Bugyal is of 8 km and is of easy to medium grade. The trek trail passes through thick coniferous forests and then opens to a vast grassland i.e. Dayara Bugyal. This trek is accessible throughout the year and offers different views seasonally. It is also a perfect skiing location for the skiing lovers in the months of January and February.
What is special about Dayara Bugyal trekking?
- The trek trail being of easy to moderate level, it requires less fitness levels and is suitable to every age group and people as compared to other Himalayan treks.
- Hike to one of the Highest meadows of India.
- Accessible throughout the year and is beautiful in all seasons. Greenery from Apr – Oct and Snow laden trails from Nov-Mar
- A small trek offering bigger mountain experiences
- Easy Trek which can be done by any one. Lesser efforts with greater rewards
- A complete peace offering place at the summit view.
- The destination offers a complete 360 degree view of mighty Himalayan peaks. Mt. Bandarpoonch, Mt Jaonli, Mt. Srikanth and Mt. Draupadi ka Danda seems at an arms distance from the Bugyal
Dayara Bugyal Trek Video
Dayara Bugyal in Winters
Dayara Bugyal Experience with TSS
DAYARA BUGYAL TREK ITINERARY
- The trekkers will be picked up from Prince Chowk which is near Dehradun Railway Station at 7.00 a.m. from where the journey will begin. Dehradun is well connected with Delhi through railway and road route. Overnight Buses and Trains are available.
- A 185 km road ride to Raithal from Dehradun Via Chinyalisaur and Uttarkashi travelling across the river Bhagirathi, the main source of River Ganga.
- Breakfast and lunch during the travel will be provided in the road side inns. The cost of the meals during the travel will be paid by the individual.
- Arrival at Natin village, a small village located 40 km from the city of Uttarkashi which serves as the starting point of the trek.
- Stay at the homestay in Natin.
- A quick introduction & briefing session with the trek leader and fellow trekkers.
- Dinner and rest at the homestay.
- Trek to Gui Campsite from Natin after the breakfast.
- A 5 km ascend trek to Gui campsite of easy grade passing through patches of forest.
- Arrival at the Gui campsite, hot lunch at the campsite.
- An evening acclimatization walk in the nearby area.
- Evening refreshments and snacks post walk.
- Dinner at the campsite.
- Overnight stay at the camps.
- Trek to Dayara Bugyal from the campsite after the breakfast.
- The trek trail to Dayara Bugyal is of moderate ascent passing through the forests of Oak and Rhondendron with level walks in between till Dayara.
- Rest and packed lunch at the Dayara View point.
- Hike back to Gui Campsite from Dayara Top.
- Arrival at the campsite followed by evening refreshments and snacks.
- Trekkers will be provided dinner and stay at the campsite
- Descend back to Natin village from Gui after breakfast on a 5 km descend trail. Hike through the same way from where we have ascended.
- A 185 km drive back to Dehradun from Natin village
- Expected time of arrival in Dehradun will be around 9:30 PM. So you can plan your travel further accordingly.
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Note: AC doesn’t run on hills in fixed departure batches. Standard Non AC vehicles are provided for transportation
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
Dayara Bugyal is an easy grade trek which is an ideal trek for beginners as well as intermediate trekkers. It is one of the most beautiful Bugyal in Uttarakhand with panoramic views of the Yamunotri and Gangotri range of Himalayas. Consider it as a trek with lesser efforts and greater rewards. This trek can be done throughout the year. From December to March the trek is covered in snow, in summers and post monsoon the Bugyal is lush green and is a treat to the eyes
A: The trek starts from two villages – Raithal or Barsu. We recommend Raithal as the trek is more beautiful from this village. One needs at least 4 days from Dehradun to complete this trek. Dehradun is the nearest Airport and Railway station for this trek. Raithal is around 180 kms from Dehradun.
A: One can find snow in Dayara Bugyal from December to March. It is a wonderful experience to trek the Bugyal in winters. Sometimes in case of early snowfall one can find snow even in November but it depends on snowfall.
Camping in Dayara Bugyal is not allowed. The Uttarakhand High court passed a order according to which camping is banned in Bugyals of Uttarakhand. The order is applicable for all the Bugyals in Uttarakhand
A: To say which is a better trek would be rather unfair as both treks are equally beautiful. There are few things which one should consider before deciding. It actually depends on what you are looking for as a trekker. If you are looking for a soulful experience and a less crowded trek Dayara Bugyal is the trek for you. If you are looking for adventure and adrenaline rush in a trek Kedarkantha is the trek for you.
Dayara Bugyal trek is done throughout the year. If you want to witness snow then Dec to March is the best time to Visit. April- May and Sept-Nov is the right time to visit if you want to witness the lush green meadows
You can keep extra luggage in the base village for any particular trek. There are no cloak roo charges applicable. Its free of cost
If you are going on a trek don’t expect mobile signals. There are few spots on the trails of few treks where you might find a single tower or something but it always depends if that is enough to make a call or not.
As there are no permanent toilets on the trek, we carry toilet tents which are dry toilets so you need to carry wet tissues/tissue wipes with you.
Yes, TSS team can organize private batches for individual groups, but the cost of the trek may vary according to the number of members in your group. You can talk to our trek coordinator via whatsapp/call to get the customized group rates.
It’s a strict no. If you fall sick during the trek due to alcohol consumption TheSearchingSouls has the right to cancel your trek and send you back to base village. No expenses shall be refunded in that case and you will have to pay additional for stay at base village.
Start running/walking at least 3-4 Kms everyday.
If it’s a snow trek a good trekking shoe is mandatory. If you buy a new shoe do walk for few days so that it fits you well and doesn’t leave you with blisters while you trek. If it is a summer trek or post monsoon trek a shoe with good grip and ankle support will do.
We provide 3 Veg meals and evening Snacks. There will be no non veg served during the trek. Eggs may or may not be served depending on the trek.
We will provide sleeping bags, inner liners,
sleeping mats, tents. You just need to carry
your personal gear.
List of personal Gear is in our website
under Trek Essentials.
Himalaya Journeys Treks &Expedition prides itself on being prepared for any emergency situation. Our guides are trained in first aid and can deal with most of the basic ailments that occur during a trek. Every camp site has basic first aid and oxygen cylinders But if a serious emergency occurs, we will evacuate you to the base village and nearest hospital but the expenses of that has to be borne by the individual
How to reach the base camp of Dayara Bugyal trek?
The base camp of the Dayara bugyal trek Natin village located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, India, is a remote location, and there is no direct mode of transportation available to reach the village. However, you can use the following modes of transportation to reach the nearest town or city, and then hire a local taxi or take a bus to reach Natin village:
By Air: The nearest airport is Dehradun Airport, located around 220 km away from Natin village. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach the nearby town of Uttarkashi. From Uttarkashi, you can hire a local taxi to reach Natin village.
By Road: There is no direct bus/taxi to Natin. Nearest city is Uttarkashi. a bus/taxi can be taken till Uttarkashi. From Uttarkashi you need to book a private cab
By Train: The nearest railway station to Natin village is Dehradun Railway Station, located around 270 km away. From the railway station, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Uttarkashi.
You can avail transport from us from Dehradun as Dehradun is easily accessible from all parts of the country via Bus Train or flights. From Derhadun onwards there is no direct connectivity to the village.
Why book with TSS?
The Dayara Bugyal overheads a wobbling 12,000 feet altitude is a panoramic view which is situated against an astonishing canvas of Himalayas and other neighboring summits of Bandarpoonch, Kala Nag, Shrikhand Mahadev, Srikanth peak and Gangotri. The stupendous trail of Dayara Bugyal Trek divulges wide ranging grasslands, alpine lakes and meadows and drizzling streams that soothes the senses with a rustic orchestration of the nature. Along with this, the beauty of Dayara Bugyal Trek is also marked by a rich tapestry of wildflowers and dense forests of oak and maple trees that is further enclosed by misty valleys. This alluring place stands in between high peaks which are covered with snow and thus, makes an excellent sight for the trekkers. Also, the meadows too remain covered in snow considering which itturns out to be the most phenomenal winter trek experience in Uttarakhand and serves as an excellent Skiing destination too.
Synopsis of the Dayara Bugyal Trek
According to locals, Dayara refers to a circular piece of land. During the Dayara Bugyal Trek, people come across lush green savannahs called “Bugyal” which is spread across the Himalayas and is a sight to behold. The Searching Souls provides various trekking options of the Dayara Bugyal Trek, both during summers and winters. The meadows are a perfect display in the winter season with its assurance of an incessant stretch of twinkling snow which makes it a famous winter trek and also in the summer season with the sunlight throwing back different shades of green and yellow, violet and white flowers exclaiming from all over the place.
The Searching Soulmaps the distance between Dayara Bugyal Trek from Haridwar to the Himalayas. The campground for the four days Dayara Bugyal Trek is at Barsu which is alighted at an altitude of 7,545 feet. This charming little settlement overlooks the green slopes of the valley on one side and the snowy peaks of the Himalayas on the other side. It is located at a distance of about 32 km from Uttarakashi. We take you through thick forests of lofty oak and pine trees, along the Bhagirathi river which is across the lush green meadows and through bubbling streams and rivulets. The Dayara Bugyal Trek is a trek of a relatively easy level and can be undertaken even by beginners and first timers. After reaching Barsu, the trekkerstimbre their tents near Barnala Tal and spend the night there. For the other nights of the voyage,trekkers can camp at various exciting places with breath takingpanorama.
The Searching Soul takes you through an uninterrupted range of Himalayan mountains and peaks that has long, fascinated and challenging adventurers in store for thrill seekers. We strive to help the aspiring trekkers to have these destinations ticked from their bucket list. We are an expert in trek leading, mountaineering expeditions and other adventure activities. Our team organises trekking and self exploration expeditions in the Himalayas and our qualified team of local guides and trek leaders are known for their dedicated work in these mountains.
Dayara Bugyal Trek Map
Safety with TSS
The Searching Souls have always taken Safety as the utmost Priority in their Treks. We Have a “Zero Negligence” approach toward Safety. As a result, we have taken the Following Steps.
Medical Tents: TSS is the Only Company in the Country that Pitches dedicated Medical Tents to The Slopes at all their Campsites. The Medical Tents consist of a Stretcher, Oxygen Cylinder, First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, and a few other facilities depending on the Slope and the nature of kedarkanta trek.
Qualified Trek leaders: All Our Trek Leaders are Qualified From the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and have thorough knowledge and experience of the Mountains.
Emergency Planning: Team TSS always plans a step ahead in the Mountains as we believe anything at any time can happen in the Mountains, All Our trek leaders, Camp managers, and Cooks are aware of what should be the Course of Action in case of Medical emergency and Natural Calamities in the kedarkantha trekking package.
TSS Support Team: Safety in the Mountains begins at Home, Proper Planning and preparation are Key in any Mountain Trek. TSS Support Team is always available and will help you prepare better for the Trek through their Expert Knowledge and Guidance.
TSS Jumbo Bags: For executive travelers seeking adventure, trekking is a popular way to explore unfamiliar terrain and find inner peace. However, selecting the right equipment can be crucial to ensure safety and comfort during the journey. TSS recognizes this and offers a solution with their MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY, which includes all necessary gear for a high-altitude trek at an affordable price. The company also emphasizes the importance of quality equipment in ensuring a successful and memorable trek, while cautioning against overpriced or unnecessary items. With TSS, travelers can confidently embark on their trek, knowing they have a reliable companion in their trek bag.
Are you tired of spending a fortune on expensive trekking equipment? Look no further than MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY.
Why Experience the wilderness of Dayara Bugyal trek with The Searching Souls?
Expertise: The Searching Souls is a team of experienced trek leaders who are passionate about sharing their love for the outdoors with others. They have extensive knowledge of Dayara Bugyal and the surrounding areas, ensuring that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Personalized attention: The Searching Souls focuses on adequate group sizes, allowing them to provide personalized attention to each trekker. They take the time to understand your individual needs and interests and customize the trek to ensure that you have the best experience possible.
Safety: Safety is a top priority for The Searching Souls. They provide all necessary safety equipment, including first aid kits and emergency communication devices, and their trek leaders are trained in wilderness first aid.
Responsible tourism: The Searching Souls is committed to responsible tourism practices. They follow Leave No Trace principles, minimizing their impact on the environment, and also support local communities by using local guides and porters.
Memorable experience: The Dayara Bugyal trek with The searching Souls is not just a trek, but an experience. From the stunning views to the warmth of the local hospitality, the trek is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.
What should you pack for the Dayara Bugyal trek ?
Basic Trek Essentials
Personal Utilities :
Har Ki Dun
It is a beautiful trek in the Himalayas which goes through the Govind National Park, which is famous for its wild flowers especial...
Bali Pass Trek
Bali Pass is a difficult grade trek which takes you to an altitude of 5000 m above sea level, known for the famous knife ridge
A gem in lap of the Himalayas. Roopkund famously known as the Skeletal Lake, is a high altitude glacial lake in Chamoli district ..
Trek to this sacred Tal is a difficult one but as the beliefs of people wishes are fulfilled here so it’s worth going there, this part of swargarohini the way to Heaven.