SaNDAKPHU PHALUT TREK
TOUR DATES & ITINERARY! START YOUR DREAM ADVENTURE NOW!
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
|Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate|
|Highest Altitude||11930 ft|
|Day Temperature||12 to 20 Deg|
|Night Temperature||12 to 2 Deg|
Check our Google Reviews
How We Make Treks Comfortable and Safe for you?
Sandakphu Phalut Trek Overview & Itinerary
Nestled at a height of 11930 ft above sea level, Sandakphu Phalut Trek offers the breathtaking experience of witnessing four of the world’s highest peaks. On one side you get to see Everest, Lhotse and Makalu peaks which are the first, fourth and fifth highest peaks of the world respectively. On another side you get to see the famous Sleeping Buddha Massif crowned by the majestic Kanchenjunga peak which is the 3rd highest mountain in the world.
Sandakphu Phalut Trek has one of the best sunset and sunrise in India. The bamboo and the rhododendron forests adds to the beauty of Sandakphu Phalut Trek. It is rich in flora and fauna. Rhododendrons are visible on this trek which is a high altitude Himalayan flower. If you are lucky you can even get to see the rare red panda on this trek.
Sandakphu Phalut Trek will give you a very different experience when compared to the other Himalayan treks and we think this is a must to trek for every trekker
What is special about Sandakphu Phalut Trekking?
- Witness Sleeping Budha Massif with kanchenjunga being the highest peak of the Massif
- Witness Everest, Lhotse and Makalu Peak which are the first, fourth and fifth highest mountains in the world
- You get to see 4 of the big summits from this trek
- Rhododendron and Bamboo forest with sightings of the rare red panda
- Doable in summers as well as winters
SANDAKPHU PHALUT TREK ITINERARY
- Report at NJP Railway station at 10:00 AM
- 130 Km Drive from NJP railway station to Sepi. It takes around 7 hours to Reach Sepi.
- Arrival by evening at Sepi. Warm welcome by our team followed by briefing and introductory session
- Dinner and rest
- Leave Early after breakfast.
- Moderate ascend till Raman. Descend down from Raman.
- Trek through dense canopy of pine, oak and rhododendron
- Stay in village hut.
- Dinner and Rest
- Leave Samanden after breakfast
- Today is a difficult day, the climb from Samanden to Molley is a steep climb almost a gain of 3500 ft
- Today you have the chance of sighting the rare red panda
- Stay in tents.
- Dinner and Rest
- Leave camp after breakfast
- Easy and mostly level walks with few ascend and descends
- Enjoy the view of the Sleeping Budha range along the way
- Reach Camp site by evening
- Camp site is in the India and Nepal Border
- Overnight in Camps
- Leave the camp site after breakfast.
- Moderate day with mixed ascend and descend
- Ridge walks with the view of Kanchenjunga range
- Overnight stay in camp site
- Leave camp after breakfast
- Easy Day with gradual decline
- Enjoy the views of Kanchenjunga Range
- overnight in homestay
- Leave gurdum after breakfast.
- Trek to Sepi and drive to NJP railway station/Bagdogra airport.
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
The difficulty level of Sandakphuu Phalut Trek is easy to moderate. Spread over 6 days the ascends are of easy grade with some moderae to difficult sections
Sandakphu Phalut Trek cost varies from Rs. 12000 to Rs. 14000 depending on the group size and the time of the year you are planning to do it. There are many companies which sell this trek online but only few companies are service providers.
October to April is the best time to do Sandakphu Phalut Trek.
It is famous for the spectacular views of four of the highest peaks in the World – Everest, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse and Makalau
Yes Everest is visible from Sandakphu along with Kanchenjunga, Lhotse and Makalu Peak.
We dont recommend doing this trek alone as there are many routes which people follow for this trek. Also as it is done inside singalila national park it cannot be done without a guide.
You can keep extra luggage in the base village for any particular trek. There are no cloak roo charges applicable. Its free of cost
If you are going on a trek don’t expect mobile signals. There are few spots on the trails of few treks where you might find a single tower or something but it always depends if that is enough to make a call or not.
As there are no permanent toilets on the trek, we carry toilet tents which are dry toilets so you need to carry wet tissues/tissue wipes with you.
Yes, TSS team can organize private batches for individual groups, but the cost of the trek may vary according to the number of members in your group. You can talk to our trek coordinator via whatsapp/call to get the customized group rates.
It’s a strict no. If you fall sick during the trek due to alcohol consumption TheSearchingSouls has the right to cancel your trek and send you back to base village. No expenses shall be refunded in that case and you will have to pay additional for stay at base village.
Start running/walking at least 3-4 Kms everyday.
If it’s a snow trek a good trekking shoe is mandatory. If you buy a new shoe do walk for few days so that it fits you well and doesn’t leave you with blisters while you trek. If it is a summer trek or post monsoon trek a shoe with good grip and ankle support will do.
We provide 3 Veg meals and evening Snacks. There will be no non veg served during the trek. Eggs may or may not be served depending on the trek.
We will provide sleeping bags, inner liners,
sleeping mats, tents. You just need to carry
your personal gear.
List of personal Gear is in our website
under Trek Essentials.
Himalaya Journeys Treks &Expedition prides itself on being prepared for any emergency situation. Our guides are trained in first aid and can deal with most of the basic ailments that occur during a trek. Every camp site has basic first aid and oxygen cylinders But if a serious emergency occurs, we will evacuate you to the base village and nearest hospital but the expenses of that has to be borne by the individual
Why book with TSS?
Kashmir also known as “paradise on earth” is also considered the crown of India. Tarsar Marsar Trek starts from Aru and you reach here via pahalgam. This region is one of the most beautiful parts of Kashmir with lush green valleys and rivers all around. It will be a rejuvenating experience for your soul trekking through the beautiful trails of this trek.
Synopsis of the Tarsar Marsar Trek
Our company, The Searching Soul, offers exciting trekking opportunities in the Tarsar Marsar Trek, a place that offers a magnificent view of the celestialsky, super abundantmeadows and snow paths. We organize Tarsar Marsar Trek specially for monsoon trekking as it is a favourable option for trekkers during this time of the year. The monsoon trek of Tarsar Marsar propounds trekking with adventure in an easy approach which automatically makes it a convenient option. It is fully embraced with natural wonders that makes it one of the most sought after treks in Kashmir. The temperature during the Tarsar Marsar Trek goes up to 20 degrees during day time and -2 degrees during night. However, the weather in winter sees the mountains covered in spotless white snow, making it inaccessible in winters.
The base camp for the trek is at Aru. The camp is approximately 3-4 hours drive from Srinagar and this journey in itself is enough to overwhelm a person. The drive is via Pahalgam which is another beautiful destination of Kashmir and further leads towards the Aru Valley. The difficulty level of the Tarsar Marsar Trek is of moderate grading. July, August and September are best months to undertake the trek. The long duration of the trek which is of around seven days makes the overall experience slightly challenging.
TheSearchingSouls team work with a motive to explore the non-commercialized destinations in India through the medium of trekking. Our aim is to focus on the minor details to make comfort accessible to the trekkers while scouting in the nature. We are an expert and have an upper hand in the tours and excursion activities which are related to trekking.
Safety with TSS
The Searching Souls have always taken Safety as the utmost Priority in their Treks. We Have a “Zero Negligence” approach toward Safety. As a result, we have taken the Following Steps.
Medical Tents: TSS is the Only Company in the Country that Pitches dedicated Medical Tents to The Slopes at all their Campsites. The Medical Tents consist of a Stretcher, Oxygen Cylinder, First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, and a few other facilities depending on the Slope and the nature of kedarkanta trek.
Qualified Trek leaders: All Our Trek Leaders are Qualified From the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and have thorough knowledge and experience of the Mountains.
Emergency Planning: Team TSS always plans a step ahead in the Mountains as we believe anything at any time can happen in the Mountains, All Our trek leaders, Camp managers, and Cooks are aware of what should be the Course of Action in case of Medical emergency and Natural Calamities in the kedarkantha trekking package.
TSS Support Team: Safety in the Mountains begins at Home, Proper Planning and preparation are Key in any Mountain Trek. TSS Support Team is always available and will help you prepare better for the Trek through their Expert Knowledge and Guidance.
TSS Jumbo Bags: For executive travelers seeking adventure, trekking is a popular way to explore unfamiliar terrain and find inner peace. However, selecting the right equipment can be crucial to ensure safety and comfort during the journey. TSS recognizes this and offers a solution with their MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY, which includes all necessary gear for a high-altitude trek at an affordable price. The company also emphasizes the importance of quality equipment in ensuring a successful and memorable trek, while cautioning against overpriced or unnecessary items. With TSS, travelers can confidently embark on their trek, knowing they have a reliable companion in their trek bag.
Are you tired of spending a fortune on expensive trekking equipment? Look no further than MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY.
Why Experience the wilderness of Tarsar Marsar trek with The Searching Souls?
Expertise: The Searching Souls is a team of experienced trek leaders who are passionate about sharing their love for the outdoors with others. They have extensive knowledge of Kashmir Treks and the surrounding areas, ensuring that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Personalized attention: The Searching Souls focuses on adequate group sizes, allowing them to provide personalized attention to each trekker. They take the time to understand your individual needs and interests and customize the trek to ensure that you have the best experience possible.
Safety: Safety is a top priority for The Searching Souls. They provide all necessary safety equipment, including first aid kits and emergency communication devices, and their trek leaders are trained in wilderness first aid.
Responsible tourism: The Searching Souls is committed to responsible tourism practices. They follow Leave No Trace principles, minimizing their impact on the environment, and also support local communities by using local guides and porters.
Memorable experience: The Tarsar Marsar trek with The searching Souls is not just a trek, but an experience. From the stunning views to the warmth of the local hospitality, the trek is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.