Not Operational due to COVID 19
Mode of Transportation
Summary of Pangarchula Trek
|Pangarchula Trek Altitude /Pangarchula Trek Distance||⛰15000 ft / 📍36 kms|
Pangarchula Overview & Itinerary
Pangarchulla also known as the Chimney Peak, lies in the Nanda Devi Sanctuary. Perched at an elevation of 4483 metres, this trek offers everything that a trekker searches for, be it dusty and rocky trails, trails within dense coniferous forest and lastly a challenging and exhausting climb in deep snow with boulder hopping in between. This trek is a perfect example of non-technical mountain climbing. In short, it can be said that, Pangarchulla Peak is a trek that just daredevils can’t afford to miss.
Spanning over 6 days, the journey starts from Haridwar till Joshimath, which serves as our base camp. The trek commences from Dhak village from where the physical abilities of an individual are tested till day 5. From Dhak, the trail opens up to cliff side villages, forests, open grassland and snow laden Himalayan Peaks in the background like Mt.Nanda Devi, Mt.Dronagiri, Mt.Kamet, Mt. Hathi-Ghoda, Mt.Neelkanth, Mt. Chaukhambha etc..
What is special about Pangarchula trekking?
- If you are looking for a snow trek accessible in Summers Pangarchulla is the trek for you.
- It gives you a feeling of climbing a Himalayan peak without technical climbing
- One of the best summit to climb for trekkers.
- Beautiful camp sites.
- Ridge climb on the summit day.
- The view from the summit is mesmerizing where everything looks below your feet.
Pangarchula Trekking Trip Video
PANGARCHULA TREK ITINERARY
Day 01: Haridwar to Joshimath
Altitude: 2050 metres, 256 km drive, approx 12 hours
- The trekkers will be picked up from Haridwar Bus/Railway Station at 6.00.a.m. from where the journey will begin. Haridwar is well connected with Delhi through railway and road route. Overnight Buses and Trains are available.
- A 256 km road ride to Joshimath from Haridwar crossing the cities of Rishikesh, Devprayag and Rudraprayag. Breakfast and lunch during the travel will be provided in the road side inns. The meal cost during the travel will be paid by the individual.
- Arrival at Joshimath town and accommodation in a Guest house/Hotel. Dinner and rest at the guesthouse/hotel followed by a quick introduction and briefing session with the trek leader and fellow travelers.
Day 02: Joshimath to Guling Campsite
Altitude: 2928 metres, 12 km drive and 5.5 km trek
- Excursion to Dhak village from Joshimath after breakfast on a 12 km drive route. The trek will begin from Dhak village.
- The trail from Dhak is of gradual ascent and comprises of dusty and rocky patches.
- Lunch and refreshments will be served midway between Tugassi village and Guling Campsite.
- Arrival at the campsite followed by evening refreshments, dinner and rest in the camps.
Day 03: Guling to Khulara Campsite
Altitude: 3389 metres, 6 km trek
- Early morning excursion to Khulara after breakfast covering a distance of 6 km.
- Khulara is a vast campsite surrounded by coniferous forests of oak, pine and rhododendron accompanied by a water streams all over the campsite area.
- The trek to Khulara from Guling is of moderate ascent.
- Arrival at the campsite till late lunch hours. Rest at the camps post lunch.
- An evening acclimatization walk to gear up for the next big day.
- Evening refreshments post acclimatization walk.
- Dinner and rest at the campsite.
Day 04: Lower Khulara to Pangarchula Summit and back to Lower Khulara.
Altitude: 4575 metres, 12 km trek
- Early morning ascent to Pangarchula Peak after breakfast.
- Steepy and challenging climb of 6 km.
- Carry energy bars, oars and water during the trail.
- Packed lunch in mid of the trail during the summit.
- Rest at the summit followed by descend to Khulara campsite.
- Evening refreshments at the campsite.
- Dinner and stay in the camps.
Day 05: Lower Khulara to Joshimath
Altitude: 2050 metres, 11.5 km trek and 12 km drive
- Excursion to Joshimath from Khulara campsite via Guling and Dhak Village after breakfast.
- Trek till Dhak village followed by 12 km drive to Joshimath from Dhak.
- Lunch at Joshimath.
- Halt at a guest house/ Hotel in Joshimath.
- Dinner at Joshimath.
Day 06: Joshimath to Haridwar
256 km drive
- Departure from Joshimath to Haridwar after breakfast.
- Lunch in between the route.
Essentials to carry with you on this Trek
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Diamox-Mountain Sickness, Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy