TOUR DATES & ITINERARY! START YOUR DREAM ADVENTURE NOW!
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
|Highest Altitude||15100 ft|
|Day Temperature||12 to 20 Deg|
|Night Temperature||12 to 2 Deg|
Check our Google Reviews
How We Make Treks Comfortable and Safe for you?
Goechala Trek Overview & Itinerary
Nestled at a height of 15100 ft with a closer look at the third highest peak Mt. Kanchenjunga, Goechala Trek is a dream and desire for hundreds of adventure lovers. It has mesmerizing flora and fauna to offer throughout the trails with breathtaking landscapes.
From Goechala Trek one can witness the high peaks of the Nepal Himalayas. It is known for the most famous sunrise on the Kanchenjunga Peak. The trail is covered with Rhododendrons in the month of April and May. The Samiti Lake is another attraction which adds to the highlights of Goechala Trek. The reflection of Mt. Pandim is a visual treat for trekkers.
What is special about Goechala Trekking?
- One of the best summer Treks In India
- View of more than 14 big mountain summits. Especially the sunrise from Mt. Kanchenjunga
- Very rich trail with flora, fauna and mesmerizing Landscapes
- One of the few Trekking trails available in North East India
- The beautiful Samiti Lake
GOECHALA TREK ITINERARY
- Report at NJP Railway station at 10:00 AM
- 150 Km Drive from NJP railway station to Yuksom. It takes around 8 hours to Reach Yuksom.
- Arrival by evening at Yuksom. Warm welcome by our team followed by briefing and introductory session
- Dinner and rest
- Leave for Sachen after breakfast.
- A 7.5 km trek with moderate to difficult ascend.
- This day we will go through a dense forest and cross Rathong, Prek and Mentogang river. We will also witness Tshushay Khola waterfalls
- Arrival in Campsite.
- Dinner and early sleep to be ready for next day trekking.
- Leave camp site after breakfast
- Cross prekchu River and Trek uphill to Bakhim
- Overnigth at Tshoka
- Leave camp after breakfast
- This is one of the most beautiful days of the trek
- From dzongri one can witness the beautiful sunrise on Mt. Kanchenjunga
- The trek to Zzongri is a bit demanding and challenging with sharp altitude gains
- Arrive at the camp site by evening
- Dinner followed by rest
- Trek to Dzongri top from where you get to see the 180 deg panoramic view of the mighty peaks such as Kakthong, Rothang, Kabru South, Kabru North, Kabru Dome, Kanchenjunga, Pandim, and the Lama Lamini peaks.
- Return back to camp and rest
- Leave camp after breakfast
- Carry enough water today as there is only one water source on the way
- The Thangshing Camp site is located at the base of Mt. Pandim.
- Dinner and rest at camp
- This is the longest day of the trek and the most difficult as well
- Stay hydrated and carry enough water as there are only few water sources on this day.
- The trail to Samiti lake is narrow and requires caution
- After visiting Samiti Lake Return back to Thansing
- Dinner and rest in camp
- Today is a mix of ascend and descend.
- Carry enough water today as well as there is no water source on the trail
- Dinner and rest at camp site
- Leave the camp early after breakfast
- Today is a continuous descent and water sources are available on the way to refill your water bottles
- Rest in camps
- Drive back to NJP railway station or Bagdogra airport with wonderful memories.
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
The difficulty level of Goechala Trek is moderate. Spread over 8 days the ascends are of moderate grading with few difficult patches.
Goechala Trek cost varies from Rs. 16000 to Rs. 18000 depending on the group size and the time of the year you are planning to do it. There are many companies which sell this trek online but only few companies are service providers.
Apr, May and October are the best months to do Goechala Trek.
Goechala Trek is famous for the views of the big mountains that you see during the trek. Not only Kanchenjunga, you will see 14 other big summits from the trek. That is a big number for any trek.,
We dont suggest to do this trek alone. It is a very long trek and requires support from an experienced team. It is recommended to do this trek in a group.
You can keep extra luggage in the base village for any particular trek. There are no cloak roo charges applicable. Its free of cost
If you are going on a trek don’t expect mobile signals. There are few spots on the trails of few treks where you might find a single tower or something but it always depends if that is enough to make a call or not.
As there are no permanent toilets on the trek, we carry toilet tents which are dry toilets so you need to carry wet tissues/tissue wipes with you.
Yes, TSS team can organize private batches for individual groups, but the cost of the trek may vary according to the number of members in your group. You can talk to our trek coordinator via whatsapp/call to get the customized group rates.
It’s a strict no. If you fall sick during the trek due to alcohol consumption TheSearchingSouls has the right to cancel your trek and send you back to base village. No expenses shall be refunded in that case and you will have to pay additional for stay at base village.
Start running/walking at least 3-4 Kms everyday.
If it’s a snow trek a good trekking shoe is mandatory. If you buy a new shoe do walk for few days so that it fits you well and doesn’t leave you with blisters while you trek. If it is a summer trek or post monsoon trek a shoe with good grip and ankle support will do.
We provide 3 Veg meals and evening Snacks. There will be no non veg served during the trek. Eggs may or may not be served depending on the trek.
We will provide sleeping bags, inner liners,
sleeping mats, tents. You just need to carry
your personal gear.
List of personal Gear is in our website
under Trek Essentials.
Himalaya Journeys Treks &Expedition prides itself on being prepared for any emergency situation. Our guides are trained in first aid and can deal with most of the basic ailments that occur during a trek. Every camp site has basic first aid and oxygen cylinders But if a serious emergency occurs, we will evacuate you to the base village and nearest hospital but the expenses of that has to be borne by the individual
Why book with TSS?
Kashmir also known as “paradise on earth” is also considered the crown of India. Tarsar Marsar Trek starts from Aru and you reach here via pahalgam. This region is one of the most beautiful parts of Kashmir with lush green valleys and rivers all around. It will be a rejuvenating experience for your soul trekking through the beautiful trails of this trek.
Synopsis of the Tarsar Marsar Trek
Our company, The Searching Soul, offers exciting trekking opportunities in the Tarsar Marsar Trek, a place that offers a magnificent view of the celestialsky, super abundantmeadows and snow paths. We organize Tarsar Marsar Trek specially for monsoon trekking as it is a favourable option for trekkers during this time of the year. The monsoon trek of Tarsar Marsar propounds trekking with adventure in an easy approach which automatically makes it a convenient option. It is fully embraced with natural wonders that makes it one of the most sought after treks in Kashmir. The temperature during the Tarsar Marsar Trek goes up to 20 degrees during day time and -2 degrees during night. However, the weather in winter sees the mountains covered in spotless white snow, making it inaccessible in winters.
The base camp for the trek is at Aru. The camp is approximately 3-4 hours drive from Srinagar and this journey in itself is enough to overwhelm a person. The drive is via Pahalgam which is another beautiful destination of Kashmir and further leads towards the Aru Valley. The difficulty level of the Tarsar Marsar Trek is of moderate grading. July, August and September are best months to undertake the trek. The long duration of the trek which is of around seven days makes the overall experience slightly challenging.
TheSearchingSouls team work with a motive to explore the non-commercialized destinations in India through the medium of trekking. Our aim is to focus on the minor details to make comfort accessible to the trekkers while scouting in the nature. We are an expert and have an upper hand in the tours and excursion activities which are related to trekking.
Safety with TSS
The Searching Souls have always taken Safety as the utmost Priority in their Treks. We Have a “Zero Negligence” approach toward Safety. As a result, we have taken the Following Steps.
Medical Tents: TSS is the Only Company in the Country that Pitches dedicated Medical Tents to The Slopes at all their Campsites. The Medical Tents consist of a Stretcher, Oxygen Cylinder, First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, and a few other facilities depending on the Slope and the nature of kedarkanta trek.
Qualified Trek leaders: All Our Trek Leaders are Qualified From the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and have thorough knowledge and experience of the Mountains.
Emergency Planning: Team TSS always plans a step ahead in the Mountains as we believe anything at any time can happen in the Mountains, All Our trek leaders, Camp managers, and Cooks are aware of what should be the Course of Action in case of Medical emergency and Natural Calamities in the kedarkantha trekking package.
TSS Support Team: Safety in the Mountains begins at Home, Proper Planning and preparation are Key in any Mountain Trek. TSS Support Team is always available and will help you prepare better for the Trek through their Expert Knowledge and Guidance.
TSS Jumbo Bags: For executive travelers seeking adventure, trekking is a popular way to explore unfamiliar terrain and find inner peace. However, selecting the right equipment can be crucial to ensure safety and comfort during the journey. TSS recognizes this and offers a solution with their MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY, which includes all necessary gear for a high-altitude trek at an affordable price. The company also emphasizes the importance of quality equipment in ensuring a successful and memorable trek, while cautioning against overpriced or unnecessary items. With TSS, travelers can confidently embark on their trek, knowing they have a reliable companion in their trek bag.
Are you tired of spending a fortune on expensive trekking equipment? Look no further than MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY.
Why Experience the wilderness of Tarsar Marsar trek with The Searching Souls?
Expertise: The Searching Souls is a team of experienced trek leaders who are passionate about sharing their love for the outdoors with others. They have extensive knowledge of Kashmir Treks and the surrounding areas, ensuring that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Personalized attention: The Searching Souls focuses on adequate group sizes, allowing them to provide personalized attention to each trekker. They take the time to understand your individual needs and interests and customize the trek to ensure that you have the best experience possible.
Safety: Safety is a top priority for The Searching Souls. They provide all necessary safety equipment, including first aid kits and emergency communication devices, and their trek leaders are trained in wilderness first aid.
Responsible tourism: The Searching Souls is committed to responsible tourism practices. They follow Leave No Trace principles, minimizing their impact on the environment, and also support local communities by using local guides and porters.
Memorable experience: The Tarsar Marsar trek with The searching Souls is not just a trek, but an experience. From the stunning views to the warmth of the local hospitality, the trek is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.