TOUR DATES & ITINERARY! START YOUR DREAM ADVENTURE NOW!
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
|Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate|
|Highest Altitude||11930 ft|
|Day Temperature||12 to 20 Deg|
|Night Temperature||12 to 2 Deg|
Check our Google Reviews for Sandakphu Phalut Trek
How We Make Treks Comfortable and Safe for you?
Sandakphu Phalut Trek Overview & Itinerary
Nestled at a height of 11930 ft above sea level, Sandakphu Trek offers the breathtaking experience of witnessing four of the world’s highest peaks. On one side you get to see Everest, Lhotse and Makalu peaks which are the first, fourth and fifth highest peaks of the world respectively. On another side you get to see the famous Sleeping Buddha Massif crowned by the majestic Kanchenjunga peak which is the 3rd highest mountain in the world.
Sandakphu Trek has one of the best sunset and sunrise in India. The bamboo and the rhododendron forests adds to the beauty of Sandakphu Trek. It is rich in flora and fauna. Rhododendrons are visible on this trek which is a high altitude Himalayan flower. If you are lucky you can even get to see the rare red panda on Sandakphu Trek.
Sandakphu Trek will give you a very different experience when compared to the other Himalayan treks and we think this is a must to trek for every trekker. Follow us on Instagram.
What is special about Sandakphu Trekking?
- Witness Sleeping Budha Massif with kanchenjunga being the highest peak of the Massif
- Witness Everest, Lhotse and Makalu Peak which are the first, fourth and fifth highest mountains in the world
- You get to see 4 of the big summits from this trek
- Rhododendron and Bamboo forest with sightings of the rare red panda
- Doable in summers as well as winters
SANDAKPHU PHALUT TREK ITINERARY
- Pick up from NJP railway station in the morning by 10 am and drive to Maneybhanjan, Distance around 110 km and takes 4 hours. Arrival by evening
- Drive through the foothills of Eastern Himalaya and gradually gains height
- All the major mobile networks work here. Night accommodation in dormitory/ lodges.
- Dinner and rest
- After your breakfast, start trekking towards Tumling, one of the spectacular peaks in the Singalila
- Get mesmerized by the fascinating views that come your way and behold the scenic views in your camera and be astound by the beautiful landscapes Range.
- The trail ahead is clearly visible till Meghma while we slowly gain height. Sandakphu Trek route often defines the border between India and Nepal so the posting of Paramilitary camps of SSB (Sashastra Seema Bal) at all the major points is common.
- Get ready to trek to Kalapokhri after breakfast
- Pass via Singalila National Park, explore and discover the enchanting beauty of the vicinity.
- The trail enters into the dense forest
- During the last part of the trek, a small pond is seen on our left. This is called Kalapokhri (Kala is Black and Pokhri is a Pond in Nepali)
- Enjoy staying overnight in a trekker’s hut in Kalapokhri.
- Trek to Sandakphu, the highest point in West Bengal.
- This portion of the trail is inside Nepal and the Indian road joins here from the other side of the mountain. There is a tea stall on our left and a forest check post on the right.
- The road splits and the newly built road inside Nepal takes a longer path on our left to reach Sandakphu.
- Enjoy the panoramic views of Mt. Kanchenjunga, Everest, and Lhotse
- Your overnight stay will be in a trekker’s hut for a day
- Wake up early and observe the beautiful sunrise from Sandakphu. .
- Right in front you will find is gigantic Kanchendzongha massif along with Jannu (Kubhakarna) to its left and Pandim to its right, forming as rightly said the “Sleeping Buddha”
- After breakfast, we start our descent. Start the day with a descending trek from Sandakphu to Srikhola
- Leave homestay after breakfast
- your trek with us completes here.
- Take a cab and drive back to New Jalpaiguri
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
FAQ's for Sandakphu Trek
The difficulty level of Sandakphuu Phalut Trek is easy to moderate. Spread over 6 days the ascends are of easy grade with some moderae to difficult sections
Sandakphu Trek cost varies from Rs. 12000 to Rs. 14000 depending on the group size and the time of the year you are planning to do it. There are many companies which sell this trek online but only few companies are service providers.
October to April is the best time to do Sandakphu Trek.
It is famous for the spectacular views of four of the highest peaks in the World – Everest, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse and Makalau
Yes Everest is visible from Sandakphu along with Kanchenjunga, Lhotse and Makalu Peak.
We dont recommend doing this trek alone as there are many routes which people follow for this trek. Also as it is done inside singalila national park it cannot be done without a guide.
You can keep extra luggage in the base village for any particular trek. There are no cloak roo charges applicable. Its free of cost
If you are going on a trek don’t expect mobile signals. There are few spots on the trails of few treks where you might find a single tower or something but it always depends if that is enough to make a call or not.
As there are no permanent toilets on the trek, we carry toilet tents which are dry toilets so you need to carry wet tissues/tissue wipes with you.
Yes, TSS team can organize private batches for individual groups, but the cost of the trek may vary according to the number of members in your group. You can talk to our trek coordinator via whatsapp/call to get the customized group rates.
It’s a strict no. If you fall sick during the trek due to alcohol consumption TheSearchingSouls has the right to cancel your trek and send you back to base village. No expenses shall be refunded in that case and you will have to pay additional for stay at base village.
Start running/walking at least 3-4 Kms everyday.
If it’s a snow trek a good trekking shoe is mandatory. If you buy a new shoe do walk for few days so that it fits you well and doesn’t leave you with blisters while you trek. If it is a summer trek or post monsoon trek a shoe with good grip and ankle support will do.
We provide 3 Veg meals and evening Snacks. There will be no non veg served during the trek. Eggs may or may not be served depending on the trek.
We will provide sleeping bags, inner liners,
sleeping mats, tents. You just need to carry
your personal gear.
List of personal Gear is in our website
under Trek Essentials.
Himalaya Journeys Treks &Expedition prides itself on being prepared for any emergency situation. Our guides are trained in first aid and can deal with most of the basic ailments that occur during a trek. Every camp site has basic first aid and oxygen cylinders But if a serious emergency occurs, we will evacuate you to the base village and nearest hospital but the expenses of that has to be borne by the individual
Why book with TSS?
What should you pack for the Sandakphu Trek ?
Basic Trek Essentials
Personal Utilities :
Sandakphu trek is all about the magnificient views of the 4 highest mountains of the world – Mt. Everest, Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Lhotse and Mt. Makalu. It is an easy to moderate trek which can be done by beginners as well as experienced trekkers.
The Trek offers the grand views of the Himalayas and the best sunrise and sunsets in India. It’s a mix of culture and tradition as well. The cuisine is a mix of Nepal and Tibet.
Synopsis of the Sandakphu Trek
Our company, The Searching Soul, offers exciting trekking opportunities in the Sandakphu Trek, a place that offers a magnificent view of the celestial sky, super abundant meadows and snow paths. We organize Tarsar Sandakhphu Phalut Trek specially for post monsoon and winter trekking as it is a favourable option for trekkers during this time of the year.
The post monsoon and Winter trek of Sandakphu Trek propounds trekking with adventure in an easy approach which automatically makes it a convenient option. It is fully embraced with natural wonders that makes it one of the most sought after treks in India.
TheSearchingSouls team work with a motive to explore the non-commercialized destinations in India through the medium of trekking. Our aim is to focus on the minor details to make comfort accessible to the trekkers while scouting in the nature. We are an expert and have an upper hand in the tours and excursion activities which are related to trekking.
Safety with TSS
The Searching Souls have always taken Safety as the utmost Priority in their Treks. We Have a “Zero Negligence” approach toward Safety. As a result, we have taken the Following Steps.
Medical Tents: TSS is the Only Company in the Country that Pitches dedicated Medical Tents to The Slopes at all their Campsites. The Medical Tents consist of a Stretcher, Oxygen Cylinder, First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, and a few other facilities depending on the Slope and the nature of kedarkanta trek.
Qualified Trek leaders: All Our Trek Leaders are Qualified From the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and have thorough knowledge and experience of the Mountains.
Emergency Planning: Team TSS always plans a step ahead in the Mountains as we believe anything at any time can happen in the Mountains, All Our trek leaders, Camp managers, and Cooks are aware of what should be the Course of Action in case of Medical emergency and Natural Calamities in the kedarkantha trekking package.
TSS Support Team: Safety in the Mountains begins at Home, Proper Planning and preparation are Key in any Mountain Trek. TSS Support Team is always available and will help you prepare better for the Trek through their Expert Knowledge and Guidance.
TSS Jumbo Bags: For executive travelers seeking adventure, trekking is a popular way to explore unfamiliar terrain and find inner peace. However, selecting the right equipment can be crucial to ensure safety and comfort during the journey. TSS recognizes this and offers a solution with their MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY, which includes all necessary gear for a high-altitude trek at an affordable price.
The company also emphasizes the importance of quality equipment in ensuring a successful and memorable trek, while cautioning against overpriced or unnecessary items. With TSS, travelers can confidently embark on their trek, knowing they have a reliable companion in their trek bag.
Are you tired of spending a fortune on expensive trekking equipment? Look no further than MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY.
Why Experience the wilderness of Sandakphu trek with The Searching Souls?
Expertise: The Searching Souls is a team of experienced trek leaders who are passionate about sharing their love for the outdoors with others. They have extensive knowledge of Kashmir Treks and the surrounding areas, ensuring that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Personalized attention: The Searching Souls focuses on adequate group sizes, allowing them to provide personalized attention to each trekker. They take the time to understand your individual needs and interests and customize the trek to ensure that you have the best experience possible.
Safety: Safety is a top priority for The Searching Souls. They provide all necessary safety equipment, including first aid kits and emergency communication devices, and their trek leaders are trained in wilderness first aid.
Responsible tourism: The Searching Souls is committed to responsible tourism practices. They follow Leave No Trace principles, minimizing their impact on the environment, and also support local communities by using local guides and porters.
Memorable experience: The Sandakphu trek with The searching Souls is not just a trek, but an experience. From the stunning views to the warmth of the local hospitality, the trek is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.
Related Treks - Winters
Brahmatal Lake Trek
A Stunning Best Winter Trek Offering Meadows, Forests and snow laden peaks of the Himalyas
Dayara Bugyal Trek
Hike to a high altitude meadow considered among the highest & largest meadows of the Himalayas offering a panoramic view of gigant...
Kedarkantha Peak Trek
A must experience in the Himalayas. Considered among the best winter treks of the country,hike to Kedarkantha peak is an amazing e...
Kuari Pass Trek
Considered among the oldest treks of the Himalayas of Garhwal range, Kuari Pass or the Lord Curzon Trail is a must do trek for eve...