Satopanth Lake Trek
Contact 8006074398 for more details
Summary of Satopanth Lake Trek
|Satopanth Trek Altitude /Satopanth Trek Distance||⛰14430 ft / 📍50 kms|
Satopanth Lake Overview & Itinerary
Perched amid towering peaks, Satopanth Lake is the sacred lake lying at an elevation of 4303 meter near Chaukhamba massif’s base. Start the trek from last village “Mana” and the main attraction of this place is Vasundhara falls.
Trek to a phenomenal “Wish fulfilling Tal” “On this trek go through Laxmi Van which is a thick forest, reach the pristine Lake and spend time at the divine vicinity. Located at Chamoli distract in Uttarakhand.
Satopanth Lake is a High Altitude Lake at a height of 4350 Meter. It is one of the virgin treks not known by many but the trekker and Sadhu sant or local people of the area believe that this lake is sacred and possess some supernatural power of fulfilling wishes.
The Satopanth Lake is between two beguiling the trail is thrilling through dense forest, meadows with enchanted beauty and some steep ridges but the panorama views from the top cannot be described in words.
Trek to this sacred Tal is a difficult one but as the beliefs of people wishes are fulfilled here so it’s worth going there, this part of swargarohini the way to Heaven.
What is special about Satopanth Lake trekking?
- Satopanth Lake is a high altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 4350 meters
- The Starting trail is moderate as compare to other treks this is moderate trek. So this trek is good for beginners’ trekkers
- You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Garhwali culture.
- Beautiful camp sites
- The view on the way is mesmerizing
Day 1: Badrinath to Laxmivan, 8 Km Trek
- After breakfast travel to Mana village, from where the trek starts.
- After a short trek you will get the sight of Vasundhara falls which lies opposite Alaknanda River’s bank.
- Reach campsite in the afternoon.
- Stay in the camps
Day 2: Laxmivan to Chakratirth, 10 Km trek
- The trek is challenging today, head from Laxmi Van towards Chakratirth.
- The ascent is sheer through scree and boulders to “Sahastradhara” which means “Thousand waterfalls”. After you climb up the valley this place offer views of Chaukhamba peaks, Balakun and Neelkanth.
- Now, start the steep climb, then a short trek will lead you to Chakrateerth campsite.
- Stay in the campsite
Day 3: Chakratirth to Satopanth, 05 Km trek
- Start the trek early today because you will be crossing some tricky sections on the trail.
- Ascent to the ridge’s high point and trek along the glacier to reach serene triangular “Satopanth Lake”. Get impressive views of Chaukhamba peaks and Neelkanth Mahadev.
- The surroundings are beautiful, explore and relax there for some time.
- Return to Chakratirth campsite and Stay in the camps.
Day 4: Chakratirth to Laxmivan, 10Km trek
- Get back to Laxmivan, descending takes less time but be careful while the descent because some sections are tricky.
- Reach Laxmivan by afternoon. Have meal here.
- Stay in the camps.
Day 5: Laxmivan to Badrinath via Mana, 10Km trek
- Descent towards Mana village and you can reach there in 3 hours.
- From Mana the drive is towards Badrinath, arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
- Evening going to badrinath ji darshan
- Stay in hotel in Badrinath
Essentials to carry with you on this Trek
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Diamox-Mountain Sickness, Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 700/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy