RuPIN PASS TREK
TOUR DATES & ITINERARY! START YOUR DREAM ADVENTURE NOW!
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
|Altitude / Trek Distance||15255 ft / 41 kms|
|Day Temperature||20 to 10 Deg C|
|Night Temperature||10 to -2 Deg C|
Check our Google Reviews for Rupin Pass Trek
How We Make Treks Comfortable and Safe for you?
Rupin Pass Trek Overview & Itinerary
Rupin pass Trek is a high altitude mountain pass which connects Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. It is one of the grandest crossover treks in India. Every day is a new surprise for a trekker on this trek and it has so much to offer which cannot be explained in words. It has so much to offer that it is considered one of the best Himalayan trek in India.
The 1500 ft tall Rupin pass trek Waterfall is a bliss to the eyes. Each camp site on this trek is beautiful and gives you a magical experience. The first sight of Rupin pas trek gully leaves you in an awe and the climb to the knife ridge Rupin pass Trek is an adventure of a life time
What is special about Rupin Pass Trekking?
- One of the Top Himalayan Treks of India
- Daily changing landscapes – forest, rivers, waterfalls, snow and high altitude pass
- Take you to an elevation of 15255 Ft above sea level
- It is love at first sight for an adventure lover
- Off beat and lesser crowded unlike other commercial treks
RUPIN PASS TREK ITINERARY
- Report at Shimla bus stand at 7:00 AM
- Drive to Bawta via Rohru
- Bawta is around 195 Km from Shimla and is 8-9 hr drive
- Arrival at base camp by evening
- Team Introduction
- Dinner followed by rest
- After breakfast begin your trek towards Jakha camp site
- Moderate ascend till Jiskun then descend to Jakha
- Carry enough water. Maggi shops can be found on the way.
- Reach camp site by lunch.
- Evening acclimatization activities followed by dinner and rest
- Leave camp site after breakfast
- Today you will walk along the river
- Gradual ascend – descend, easy day with long walks
- Packed lunch will be given for the day
- Arrival at camp sit eby evening
- Dinner followed by rest
- Leave for upper waterfall camp site after breakafast
- It is the most picturesque day of the trek
- It is a high altitude camp site which can make you vulnerable to AMS. Keep yourself hydrated, don’t over exert your body. Maintain you pace and walk gradually
- Hot lunch at camp site
- Evening briefing for readiness of pass crossing and acclimatization walk
- Dinner and rest at camps
- Leave early morning for the summit. leave camp site by 4:00 AM
- It is the longest, most exciting and the most difficult day of the trek
- 200 m of steep ascend known as Rupin Gully
- Carry enough water as limited water sources are available
- Packed lunch on the way
- Reach the Ronti Gad camp site by evening
- A day is kept for better acclimatizaton/buffer day on this trek. Generally the day at Dandreyash Thatch is used as an acclimatization day to strengthen the acclimatization process and make trekkers ready for the high altitude camp site of Upper waterfall.
- Descend down to Sangla after breakfast.
- Drive back to Shimla from Sangla
- Arrival in Shimla late night around 1:00 AM. kindly plan Shimla hotel booking accordingly)
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day to Rs. 500/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
Rupin Pass Trekking Map
The difficulty level of Rupin Pass Trek is moderate to difficult. Prior Trekking experience is mandatory. Spread over 7 days the ascends are of moderate grading with few difficult patches.
Rupin Pass Trek cost varies from Rs. 14700 to Rs. 18000 depending on the group size and the time of the year you are planning to do it. There are many companies which sell this trek online but only few companies are service providers.
May, June, September and October are the best months to do the Rupin Pass Trek.
Rupin pass Trek is famous for the high altitude pass which connects Himachal and Uttarakhand. It is the top cross over trek in India with breathtaking valley views
We dont suggest to do this trek alone. It is a very long trek and requires support from an experienced team. It is recommended to do this trek in a group.
You can keep extra luggage in the base village for any particular trek. There are no cloak roo charges applicable. Its free of cost
If you are going on a trek don’t expect mobile signals. There are few spots on the trails of few treks where you might find a single tower or something but it always depends if that is enough to make a call or not.
As there are no permanent toilets on the trek, we carry toilet tents which are dry toilets so you need to carry wet tissues/tissue wipes with you.
Yes, TSS team can organize private batches for individual groups, but the cost of the trek may vary according to the number of members in your group. You can talk to our trek coordinator via whatsapp/call to get the customized group rates.
It’s a strict no. If you fall sick during the trek due to alcohol consumption TheSearchingSouls has the right to cancel your trek and send you back to base village. No expenses shall be refunded in that case and you will have to pay additional for stay at base village.
Start running/walking at least 3-4 Kms everyday.
If it’s a snow trek a good trekking shoe is mandatory. If you buy a new shoe do walk for few days so that it fits you well and doesn’t leave you with blisters while you trek. If it is a summer trek or post monsoon trek a shoe with good grip and ankle support will do.
We provide 3 Veg meals and evening Snacks. There will be no non veg served during the trek. Eggs may or may not be served depending on the trek.
We will provide sleeping bags, inner liners,
sleeping mats, tents. You just need to carry
your personal gear.
List of personal Gear is in our website
under Trek Essentials.
Himalaya Journeys Treks &Expedition prides itself on being prepared for any emergency situation. Our guides are trained in first aid and can deal with most of the basic ailments that occur during a trek. Every camp site has basic first aid and oxygen cylinders But if a serious emergency occurs, we will evacuate you to the base village and nearest hospital but the expenses of that has to be borne by the individual
Why book with TSS?
What should you pack for the Rupin Pass Trek ?
Basic Trek Essentials
Personal Utilities :
Rupin pass trek is another high altitude cross over trek in India and it connects Himachal Pradesh to Uttarakhand. It is a moderate to difficult level trek and a prior trekking experience is mandatory on this trek. It is full of surprises and hidden beauties of the Himalayas. Forests, rivers, meadows, glaciers and a high altitude pass, this trek has everything to offer.
Synopsis of the Rupin Pass Trek
Our company, The Searching Soul, offers exciting trekking opportunities in the Rupin Pass Trek, a place that offers a magnificent view of the celestialsky, super abundantmeadows and snow paths. We organize Rupin Pass Trek specially for pre and post monsoon trekking as it is a favourable option for trekkers during this time of the year.
The Rupin pass Trek propounds trekking with adventure in an easy approach which automatically makes it a convenient option. It is fully embraced with natural wonders that makes it one of the most sought after treks in Kashmir. The temperature during the Tarsar Marsar Trek goes up to 20 degrees during day time and -2 to – 4 degrees during night.
The base camp for the trek is at Bawta. The camp is approximately 8-9 hours drive from Shimla and this journey in itself is enough to overwhelm a person. The drive is via Rohru which is a small town in Himachal Pradesh. The long duration of the trek which is of around seven days makes the overall experience slightly challenging.
TheSearchingSouls team work with a motive to explore the non-commercialized destinations in India through the medium of trekking. Our aim is to focus on the minor details to make comfort accessible to the trekkers while scouting in the nature. We are an expert and have an upper hand in the tours and excursion activities which are related to trekking.
Safety with TSS
The Searching Souls have always taken Safety as the utmost Priority in their Treks. We Have a “Zero Negligence” approach toward Safety. As a result, we have taken the Following Steps.
Medical Tents: TSS is the Only Company in the Country that Pitches dedicated Medical Tents to The Slopes at all their Campsites. The Medical Tents consist of a Stretcher, Oxygen Cylinder, First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, and a few other facilities depending on the Slope and the nature of kedarkanta trek.
Qualified Trek leaders: All Our Trek Leaders are Qualified From the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and have thorough knowledge and experience of the Mountains.
Emergency Planning: Team TSS always plans a step ahead in the Mountains as we believe anything at any time can happen in the Mountains, All Our trek leaders, Camp managers, and Cooks are aware of what should be the Course of Action in case of Medical emergency and Natural Calamities in the kedarkantha trekking package.
TSS Support Team: Safety in the Mountains begins at Home, Proper Planning and preparation are Key in any Mountain Trek. TSS Support Team is always available and will help you prepare better for the Trek through their Expert Knowledge and Guidance.
TSS Jumbo Bags: For executive travelers seeking adventure, trekking is a popular way to explore unfamiliar terrain and find inner peace. However, selecting the right equipment can be crucial to ensure safety and comfort during the journey. TSS recognizes this and offers a solution with their MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY, which includes all necessary gear for a high-altitude trek at an affordable price.
The company also emphasizes the importance of quality equipment in ensuring a successful and memorable trek, while cautioning against overpriced or unnecessary items. With TSS, travelers can confidently embark on their trek, knowing they have a reliable companion in their trek bag.
Are you tired of spending a fortune on expensive trekking equipment? Look no further than MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY.
Why Experience the wilderness of Rupin Pass trek with The Searching Souls?
Expertise: The Searching Souls is a team of experienced trek leaders who are passionate about sharing their love for the outdoors with others. They have extensive knowledge of Kashmir Treks and the surrounding areas, ensuring that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Personalized attention: The Searching Souls focuses on adequate group sizes, allowing them to provide personalized attention to each trekker. They take the time to understand your individual needs and interests and customize the trek to ensure that you have the best experience possible.
Safety: Safety is a top priority for The Searching Souls. They provide all necessary safety equipment, including first aid kits and emergency communication devices, and their trek leaders are trained in wilderness first aid.
Responsible tourism: The Searching Souls is committed to responsible tourism practices. They follow Leave No Trace principles, minimizing their impact on the environment, and also support local communities by using local guides and porters.
Memorable experience: The Rupin Pass trek with The searching Souls is not just a trek, but an experience. From the stunning views to the warmth of the local hospitality, the trek is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.
Gaumukh: The Source of...
Hike to Gaumukh is a challenging trek with scenic views.It is a glacier in the Himalayas which is the source of the Ganges River. ...
Har Ki Dun
It is a beautiful trek in the Himalayas which goes through the Govind National Park, which is famous for its wild flowers especial...
Dayara Bugyal Trek
Hike to a high altitude meadow considered among the highest & largest meadows of the Himalayas offering a panoramic view of gigant...