Kasol-Tosh : Mini Israel
Kasol – Kasol-Kheerganga is the most loved Tour from Delhi. Kasol is a small hamlet on the banks of Parvati River and Kheer ganga is the base camp for Pin Parvati Pass. A delight for nature lover’s as well as party lover’s, it is also called mini Israel of India as lot of foreigners stay here seeking peace and nirvana. One can also visit Manikaran which is a famous Sikh Gurudwara just beside the Parvati River.
Tosh – Located at 20 kilometers from Kasol, Tosh is also a small village established at a height of 2,400 meters above the sea level, along the shores of river Tosh. The culture followed at this village will definitely attract those travelers who have the soul of a hippie. The breathtaking views will simply make this place one of the highlights of your Kasol trip.
Places of Interest
Kasol/Tosh is one of the most beautiful destinations in India and is much more than pleasure for a backpacker. It is an ideal destination for a weekend getaway. If you are yet to explore this paradise, here is a comprehensive list of the best places to visit in Kasol which will surely tempt you to plan your trip.
- Kheer ganga Trek – Kheer Ganga (3050 meters) lies at the extreme end of Parvati valley and the last inhibited village while trekking to pin valley via Pin-Parvati pass. Kheerganga’s panoramic skies and vast greenery are a much-needed delight to the trekker’s eyes and especially the tired legs. It is a holy place with a hot water spring, a small temple of Lord Shiva and a bathing tank. It makes a rare combination for any trekker to bath in hot spring water when everything is covered by snow.
- Tirthan Valley – To reach this valley, you’ll have to drive from Kasol for 60 kilometers, which would be totally worth it. This valley is considered to be one of the secluded places located around Kasol and will definitely help you find the refuge that you have been looking for. A one-day trip to this valley is all it takes to make your travel experience more wonderful.
- Manikaran Sahib – For those seeking spiritual enlightenment amidst the mountainous beauty, this is the ideal pilgrimage site. It is said that the Gurudwara here, Manikaran Sahib was visited by Guru Nanak one day, which is why it is considered to be most-honored and respect-worthy place near Kasol. As it is located at a distance of only 4.3 kilometers from the village of Kasol.
- Chalal Village – This village is known as well as admired for the Israeli culture. Spending a day at this village will be a great addition to your Kasol vacay, as you would want to lose yourself in the views around. For the adventurers out there, this is the ideal place to come to, as you get the chance to trek till here with the mesmerising views making the whole adventure worthwhile
- Rasol – Established at an altitude of 10,000 feet above sea level, the village of Rasol has only a few number of inhabitants. Just like Kasol, this village is visited by the backpackers who love to explore the different corners of this place. The people residing here are quite welcoming and one of the strangest things you’ll find here would be that every second person living here is indulged in spinning wool
Day 01: Travel from Delhi to Kasol , Explore Kasol and Manikaran
- Overnight Journey from New Delhi to Kasol.
- Arrival at among 10a.m.
- Check in at the camps/hotel
- Breakfast at camp
- Visit to Manikaran Gurudwara.
- Return to Camps/hotel. Bonfire with music.
- Dinner and rest
Day 02 :Early morning wake up call, have breakfast & head to Barshaini by cab
- Trek will start from Barshaini
- The trek trail of Kheerganga is around 12 kms with easy to moderate difficulty
- Witness Picturesque views of Parvati Valley, bridges and Waterfall on the way
- Reach Kheerganga by evening.
- Soak yourself in the sunset
- Early morning wake up call to witness sunrise.
- After having break breakfast, take a dip in the hot water stream bath.
- Trek down to Barshaini and reach Kasol
- Departure to Delhi(520kms from Kasol)
Day 04: Reach Delhi around 9 am in the Morning