Auli: A Paradise Within
About Auli: Auli is a hill station located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. Famous for its beautiful scenery, this hill station is surrounded by Snow lofted Himalayan peaks along with thick coniferous forest. Situated at an average altitude of 2800 metres above sea level, Auli is a famous destination for skiing during the winter season. Equally beautiful throughout the year, one can witness some of the highest peaks like Mt. Nanda Devi and Mt. Kamet, the 2nd and 3rd highest peaks of our country respectively in addition to Mt. Dunagiri, Mt. Mana Parvat etc. Apart from skiing one can also trek to famous Auli Gorsan Bugyal for a better and more clear view of Mt. Nanda Devi.
Places of Interest
Auli is the famous Skiing destination in Uttarakhand, India during winters. If you love skiing you can plan your journey here during winters. Another famous attraction of this place is Ropeway , you can enjoy the beautiful landscape of the Himalayan valley from ropeway. You can also enjoy camping and trekking in the Himalayas from here. The major attractions of this place are Auli lake, Joshimath-Auli Ropeway, Auli Gorson Bugyal, Vishnu prayag, Nar Singh Temple, Badrinath and Mana village (May to October only), valley of flowers and hemkund Sahib (June to September only).
- Auli Ropeway- It is one of the major attractions in Auli offering majestic snow clad Himalayan view. It is the second highest and longest ropeway in Asia. It starts from Joshimath town. It will be an enthralling experience one must experience if you are here.
- Auli lake- It is located at an astounding elevation offering jaw dropping views of the snow clad Himalayas. It provides serene and calm atmosphere along with Skiing track. You can just sit back, relax and enjoy the mesmerizing landscape from here.
- Auli-Gorson Bugyal- It is an open meadow that offers an amazing view which is also suitable for camping, you can reach here by a small hike. The meadow is spread amidst the forest of oak and conifer trees. It is situated at an elevation of 3000 metres offering beautiful landscape, covered with greenery in summers and snow in winters.
- Vishnuprayag- Vishnuprayag is one of the prayags of Alaknanda river that lies at the confluence of Alaknanda and Dhauli-ganga river. It is a famous pilgrimage site in Uttrakhand, a temple dedicated to lord Vishnu beside the river is located that is dated to 19th century. Apart from the pilgrimage importance it is situated in a beautiful location, you can have a peace time here watching the confluence of the rivers and listening the gushing sound of the water.
- Nar Singh Temple- It is a famous temple located in Joshimath dedicated to fourth incarnation of Lord Vishnu (Narsimha avatar) in the form of half lion and half man. It is the place where Badrivishal rests during winters, people offer prayers to Badrivishal here in winters when Badrinath is closed.
- Badrinath- Badrinath is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu situated in Badrinath town. It is one of the Char Dhams and Chota char dhams of India. It is perched at an elevation of 3300metres beside the mighty Alaknanda river. The wooden architecture of the temple is stunning, it lies netween the Nar and Narayan mountain range offering a picturesque view to the devotees. You can also vist Mana village from here, it is located at Indo-China border and is the last indian village.
Other places nearby Auli- Valley of flowers, Hemkund sahib, Kuari pass trek, Pangarchulla peak trek, Kagbhushandi tal trek, Satopanth lake trek
Ropeway to Auli
Day 01: Haridwar to Joshimath. Arrival at Joshimath by evening
- Joshimath is 285 km form Haridwar. The road is drivable and one can reach to Auli over a time span of around 10 Hours from Haridwar. Your pick up from Haridwar will be scheduled at 6:00 AM in morning
- Arrival in Joshimath. Check in Hotel
- Dinner at the Hotel.
Day 02: Joshimath to Auli and excursion to Gorson Bugyal
6 km trek, 6 hrs approx.
- Leave for Auli after breakfast in Hotel
- Check in Resort
- After Check in, Excursion to Gorson Bugyal/Auli Lake from Auli
- A 3 km easy to moderate ascent to Gorson Bugyal.
- Travelers can experience Skiing at the Bugyal (To be paid by the individual)
- Descend to Auli from Bugyal.
- Spend evening around Auli Lake
- Dinner and rest at the resort.
Day 03: Auli to Haridwar
285 km drive, 12 hrs approx.
- Departure to Haridwar from the Camps after the breakfast.
- Lunch and evening snacks midway (To be paid by the individual)
- Arrival at Haridwar by 9 P.M