PangarchulLa Peak Trek
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
|Altitude / Trek Distance||14763 ft /36 kms|
|Day Temperature||15 to 20 Deg|
|Night Temperature||06 to -2 Deg|
Check our Google Reviews
How We Make Treks Comfortable and Safe for you?
Pangarchulla Peak Overview & Itinerary
Pangarchulla Peak also known as the Chimney Peak, lies in the Nanda Devi Sanctuary. Perched at an elevation of 4483 metres, this trek offers everything that a trekker searches for, be it dusty and rocky trails, trails within dense coniferous forest and lastly a challenging and exhausting climb in deep snow with boulder hopping in between. This trek is a perfect example of non-technical mountain climbing. In short, it can be said that, Pangarchulla Peak is a trek that just daredevils can’t afford to miss.
Spanning over 6 days, the journey starts from Haridwar till Joshimath, which serves as our base camp. The trek commences from Dhak village from where the physical abilities of an individual are tested till day 5. From Dhak, the trail opens up to cliff side villages, forests, open grassland and snow laden Himalayan Peaks in the background like Mt.Nanda Devi, Mt.Dronagiri, Mt.Kamet, Mt. Hathi-Ghoda, Mt.Neelkanth, Mt. Chaukhambha etc..
What is special about Pangarchulla Peak trekking?
- If you are looking for a snow trek accessible in Summers Pangarchulla Peak is the trek for you.
- It gives you a feeling of climbing a Himalayan peak without technical climbing
- One of the best summit to climb for trekkers.
- Beautiful camp sites.
- Ridge climb on the summit day.
- The view from the summit is mesmerizing where everything looks below your feet.
PANGARCHULLA PEAK TREK ITINERARY
- The trekkers will be picked up from Tapovan Rishikesh at 7.00.a.m. from where the journey will begin. Rishikesh is well connected with Delhi through railway and road route. Overnight Buses and Trains are available. You can also take a flight to Dehradun and drive to Rishikesh, Dehradun Airport is closer to Rishikesh
- A 280 km road ride to Joshimath from Rishikesh via, Devprayag and Rudraprayag. Breakfast and lunch during the travel will be provided in the road side inns. The meal cost during the travel will be paid by the individual.
- Arrival at Joshimath town and accommodation in a Guest house/Hotel. Dinner and rest at the guesthouse/hotel followed by a quick introduction and briefing session with the trek leader and fellow travelers.
- Drive to Dhak village from Joshimath after breakfast on a 12 km drive route. The trek will begin from Dhak village.
- The trail from Dhak is of gradual ascent and comprises of dusty and rocky patches.
- Lunch and refreshments will be served midway between Tugasi village and Guling Campsite.
- Arrival at the campsite followed by evening refreshments, dinner and rest in the camps.
- Early morning trek to Khulara after breakfast covering a distance of 6 km.
- Khulara is a vast campsite surrounded by coniferous forests of oak, pine and rhododendron accompanied by a water streams all over the campsite area.
- The trek to Khulara from Guling is of moderate ascent.
- Arrival at the campsite till late lunch hours. Rest at the camps post lunch.
- An evening acclimatization walk to gear up for the next big day.
- Evening refreshments post acclimatization walk.
- Dinner and rest at the campsite.
- Early morning ascent to Pangarchula Peak after breakfast.
- Steepy and challenging climb of 6 km.
- Carry energy bars, Dry Fruits and water during the trail.
- Packed lunch in mid of the trail during the summit.
- Rest at the summit followed by descend to Khulara campsite.
- Evening refreshments at the campsite.
- Dinner and stay in the camps.
- Trek Down to Joshimath from Khulara campsite via Guling and Dhak Village after breakfast.
- Trek till Dhak village followed by 12 km drive to Joshimath from Dhak.
- Lunch at Joshimath.
- Halt at a guest house/ Hotel in Joshimath.
- Dinner at Joshimath.
- Departure from Joshimath to Dehradun after breakfast.
- Arrival at Rishikesh at night by 8:00 PM
Pangarchulla Peak Trekking Trip Video
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 300/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
Pangarchulla Peak Trek - A Mesmerizing Journey to the Summit
Embark on an adventure of a lifetime with the pangarchulla Peak trek, a popular trekking destination situated in the Garhwal region of the Indian Himalayas. This stunning trek offers breathtaking views of the snow-clad mountains, verdant meadows, pristine lakes, and charming villages.
The pangarchulla Peak trek starts from the town of Joshimath and takes you through the beauty of the Auli meadows, the Gorson Bugyal, and the Tali Top. From here, the trail becomes more challenging as you ascend toward the summit. On the way, you’ll come across the Khullara and Kuari Pass, which offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains. The panoramic views of the Himalayan ranges, including Nanda Devi, Trishul, and Dronagiri will leave you mesmerized during the summit. The view is truly awe-inspiring and will leave you feeling humbled by the grandeur of nature. The pangarchulla trek is perfect for adventure seekers who are looking for a challenging and rewarding trekking.
Why should you choose the Pancharchula Peak trek?
The pangarchulla Peak trek offers both stunning vistas and a challenging climb to its summit, which stands at an impressive 15,069 feet. On clear days, hikers can enjoy views of prominent Garhwal Himalayan peaks, such as Nanda Devi, Kamet, Hathi Ghoda Parbat, and Chaukhamba. The panoramic backdrop is dominated by the majestic Himalayan peaks of Chaukhamba (7138m), Neelkanth (6500m), and Dronagiri (70766m), adding to the awe-inspiring beauty of the trek.
Here are all the reasons why you should consider choosing the Pancharchula trek as your next getaway:
- Starts from the town of Joshimath and takes around 7-8 days to complete.
- Takes you through the Auli meadows, Gorson Bugyal, and Tali Top.
- Becomes more challenging as you ascend toward the summit, which stands at 15,069 feet.
- Offers stunning views of Garhwal Himalayan peaks, including Nanda Devi, Kamet, Hathi Ghoda Parbat, and Chaukhamba.
- Offers encounters with diverse wildlife, including the Himalayan Tiger, Musk Deer, Wild Goats, Himalayan Bear, Leopard, and more.
How to reach the Pangarchulla Peak Trek?
To reach Peak Trek, you need to:
- Reach the town of Joshimath in Uttarakhand, India. You can reach Joshimath by road from Rishikesh or Haridwar. The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun.
- From Joshimath, you need to drive to the village of Dhak, which is the starting point of the trek. You can hire a taxi or take a shared jeep to Dhak from Joshimath.
- The trek starts from Dhak and takes you through Auli, Gorson Bugyal, and Tali Top, before reaching the summit of Peak.
- The trek is challenging and requires physical fitness and prior high-altitude trekking experience.
- It takes around 7-8 days to complete the trek, including acclimatization days.
- After completing the trek, you can either return to Joshimath or continue your journey to other nearby destinations, such as Badrinath or Valley of Flowers.
- It is advisable to check the weather conditions and get a guide before embarking on the trek.
Safety with TSS
The Searching Souls have always taken Safety as the utmost Priority in their Treks. We Have a “Zero Negligence” approach toward Safety. As a result, we have taken the Following Steps.
Medical Tents: TSS is the Only Company in the Country that Pitches dedicated Medical Tents to The Slopes at all their Campsites. The Medical Tents consist of a Stretcher, Oxygen Cylinder, First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, and a few other facilities depending on the Slope and the nature of The Terrain.
Qualified Trek leaders: All Our Trek Leaders are Qualified From the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and have thorough knowledge and experience of the Mountains.
Emergency Planning: Team TSS always plans a step ahead in the Mountains as we believe anything at any time can happen in the Mountains, All Our trek leaders, Camp managers, and Cooks are aware of what should be the Course of Action in case of Medical Emergency and Natural Calamities.
TSS Support Team: Safety in the Mountains begins at Home, Proper Planning and preparation are Key in any Mountain Trek. TSS Support Team is always available and will help you prepare better for the Trek through their Expert Knowledge and Guidance.
TSS Jumbo Bags: For executive travelers seeking adventure, trekking is a popular way to explore unfamiliar terrain and find inner peace. However, selecting the right equipment can be crucial to ensure safety and comfort during the journey. TSS recognizes this and offers a solution with their MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY, which includes all necessary gear for a high-altitude trek at an affordable price. The company also emphasizes the importance of quality equipment in ensuring a successful and memorable trek, while cautioning against overpriced or unnecessary items. With TSS, travelers can confidently embark on their trek, knowing they have a reliable companion in their trek bag.
Are you tired of spending a fortune on expensive trekking equipment? Look no further than MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY.
Why Experience the Magic of pangarchulla with The Searching Souls?
Expertise: The Searching Souls is a team of experienced trek leaders who are passionate about sharing their love for the outdoors with others. They have extensive knowledge of the pangarchulla Peak trek and the surrounding areas, ensuring that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Personalized attention: The Searching Souls focuses on small group sizes, allowing them to provide personalized attention to each trekker. They take the time to understand your individual needs and interests and customize the trek to ensure that you have the best experience possible.
Safety: Safety is a top priority for The Searching Souls. They provide all necessary safety equipment, including first aid kits and emergency communication devices, and their trek leaders are trained in wilderness first aid.
Responsible tourism: The Searching Souls is committed to responsible tourism practices. They follow Leave No Trace principles, minimizing their impact on the environment and also supporting local communities by using local guides and porters.
Memorable experience: The pangarchulla Peak trek with The Searching Souls is not just a trek, but an experience. From the stunning views of the Garhwal Himalayas to the warmth of the local hospitality, the trek is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.
Unlock Your Inner Adventurer with The Searching Souls – Join Our Trekking Journeys and Create Memories that Last a Lifetime!
A: Pangarchulla Peak trek is a moderate level trek. There is a limited time period during which this
trek can be successfully completed. Mid March to Mid May is an ideal time to do this trek as
before march excess of snow makes it difficult to summit the peak and after may the snow melts
and the trail has certain boulder zones which makes it very difficult to reach the summit.
A: Pangarchula Trek starts from Joshimath which is a base for many famous treks like Kuari pass,
Auli Gorson bugyal, Kagbhusandi, Valley of Flowers etc. Pangarchulla is one of the few
trekkable peaks at an elevation of 4500 m above sea level. It can be done by beginner,
intermediate and experienced trekkers as well. The trail till Khulara camp site is same for Kuari
Pass and Pangarchulla.
You can keep extra luggage in the base village for any particular trek. There are no cloak roo charges applicable. Its free of cost
If you are going on a trek don’t expect mobile signals. There are few spots on the trails of few treks where you might find a single tower or something but it always depends if that is enough to make a call or not.
As there are no permanent toilets on the trek, we carry toilet tents which are dry toilets so you need to carry wet tissues/tissue wipes with you.
Yes, TSS team can organize private batches for individual groups, but the cost of the trek may vary according to the number of members in your group. You can talk to our trek coordinator via whatsapp/call to get the customized group rates.
It’s a strict no. If you fall sick during the trek due to alcohol consumption TheSearchingSouls has the right to cancel your trek and send you back to base village. No expenses shall be refunded in that case and you will have to pay additional for stay at base village.
Start running/walking at least 3-4 Kms everyday.
If it’s a snow trek a good trekking shoe is mandatory. If you buy a new shoe do walk for few days so that it fits you well and doesn’t leave you with blisters while you trek. If it is a summer trek or post monsoon trek a shoe with good grip and ankle support will do.
We provide 3 Veg meals and evening Snacks. There will be no non veg served during the trek. Eggs may or may not be served depending on the trek.
We will provide sleeping bags, inner liners,
sleeping mats, tents. You just need to carry
your personal gear.
List of personal Gear is in our website
under Trek Essentials.
Himalaya Journeys Treks &Expedition prides itself on being prepared for any emergency situation. Our guides are trained in first aid and can deal with most of the basic ailments that occur during a trek. Every camp site has basic first aid and oxygen cylinders But if a serious emergency occurs, we will evacuate you to the base village and nearest hospital but the expenses of that has to be borne by the individual