PHULARA RIDGE TREK
DISCOVER THE BEST RIDGE TREK OF THE COUNTRY
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
Call our Valley of Flowers Expert Mr. Shubham to know more about the trek
Check our Google Reviews
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
SUMMARY PHULARA RIDGE
|Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate|
|Altitude / Trek Distance||12150 ft / 30 kms|
|Day Temperature||20 to 10 Deg C|
|Night Temperature||10 to 2 Deg C|
How We Make Treks Comfortable and Safe for you?
Phulara Ridge Trek Overview & Itinerary
Phulara Ridge Trek is a lesser known trekking destination in India but the beauty this trail has to offer is endless. A ridge is the narrow top of a mountain where two sides of the mountain meet. The sheer view and the experience of walking on a ridge with a 360 deg view of the mountains in itself is thrilling. It takes you to an elevation of 12150 ft above sea lever and offers panoramic view of the peaks like MT. Swargarohini. The Pushtara Bugyal is an add on to the beauty of the trek. It is a perfect trek for beginners as well as experienced trekkers. The best time to do Phulara Ridge trek is Sept and Oct when the bugyals are green and blooming with wildflowers.
What is special about Phulara trekking packages ?
- Only Trek in India with such long hours of ridge walk
- Relax at the high altitude Pushtara Bugyal
- 250 deg view of the snow capped mountains
- Lush green trails, with clear blue skies and white mountains on the back drop.
- Lesser known and offbeat trek
PHULARA RIDGE TREK ITINERARY
- Pick up from Dehradun Railway Station at 6:30 AM. Dehradun is well connected with Delhi through railway and road route. Overnight Buses and Trains are available.
- A 200 km drive to Sankri Via Mussuorie, Kempty Falls, Netwar & Purola.
- Arrival at Sankri village by evening, Check in Guest house/Hotel. Dinner and rest at the guesthouse/hotel. Quick introduction and briefing about the trek
- Trek to Sikolta campsite after breakfast.
- The trail is of easy to moderate ascend passing through dense forests of Oak & Rhondendrone Arrival at Sikolta campsite followed by lunch and rest in the camps.
- Evening refreshments, Group Activities and dinner at the campsite.
- Overnight stay in the camps.
- Trek to bhoj Gadi Camp from Sikolta after breakfast.
- Arrival at base camp around lunch
- Camp site offers stunning views of Kedarkantha peak and Mt. Swargarohini
- An evening acclimatization walk followed by evening refreshments. Early dinner and rest in the camps.
- Early morning Trek to Phulara Ridge after breakfast.
- No water source today so carry enough water as it is the longest day of the trek
- Steepy and moderate climb of 3.5 km with level walks in between.
- Packed lunch at the summit point of the trek.
- Descend back to Pushtara Bugyal camp
- Refreshments and evening snacks after arriving at base camp.
- Dinner and rest in Camps.
- Descend down to taluka Village from Pushtara camp after breakfast
- Arrival by Lunch
- Rest and stay at Sankri
- Leave for Dehradun after breakfast
- ETA at Dehradun 5:00 PM
You may plan your onward journey accordingly
TSS Jumbo Bag
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Note: AC doesnt run on hills in fixed departure batches. Standard Non AC vehicles are provided for transportation
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge up to Rs. 350/bag/day to 500/bag/day is applicable
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
A: Mid September to mid november is considered the best time to visit Phulara Ridge trek.
A: It is an easy to moderate grade trek. It can be done by both beginner and intermediate trekkers.
Phulara ridge trek is the only trek in the country with hours of ridge walk with a 250 deg view of the snow capped mountains
The trek is around 30 kms and it takes 4 days from Sankri to complete the whole trek
Yes it can easily be done by beginners as well as intermediate trekkers. It is suited for beginners as well as experienced trekkers. One thing you need to keep in mind before coming to this trek is to have a good physical stamina.
Yes it can be done on your own but due to the lack of resources and people around you may have difficulty in finding ways and in case of health issues you may have trouble. So hire an experienced guide with resources if you want to do it on your own.
You can keep extra luggage in the base village for any particular trek. There are no cloak roo charges applicable. Its free of cost
If you are going on a trek don’t expect mobile signals. There are few spots on the trails of few treks where you might find a single tower or something but it always depends if that is enough to make a call or not.
Yes, TSS team can organize private batches for individual groups, but the cost of the trek may vary according to the number of members in your group. You can talk to our trek coordinator via whatsapp/call to get the customized group rates.
It’s a strict no. If you fall sick during the trek due to alcohol consumption TheSearchingSouls has the right to cancel your trek and send you back to base village. No expenses shall be refunded in that case and you will have to pay additional for stay at base village.
Start running/walking at least 3-4 Kms everyday.
If it’s a snow trek a good trekking shoe is mandatory. If you buy a new shoe do walk for few days so that it fits you well and doesn’t leave you with blisters while you trek. If it is a summer trek or post monsoon trek a shoe with good grip and ankle support will do.
We provide 3 Veg meals and evening Snacks. There will be no non veg served during the trek. Eggs may or may not be served depending on the trek.
We will provide sleeping bags, inner liners,
sleeping mats, tents. You just need to carry
your personal gear.
List of personal Gear is in our website
under Trek Essentials.
Himalaya Journeys Treks &Expedition prides itself on being prepared for any emergency situation. Our guides are trained in first aid and can deal with most of the basic ailments that occur during a trek. Every camp site has basic first aid and oxygen cylinders But if a serious emergency occurs, we will evacuate you to the base village and nearest hospital but the expenses of that has to be borne by the individual
Phulara Ridge Trekking Map
How to reach Dehradun?
Dehradun is the capital city of Uttarakhand in India. It can be reached by air, train, or road.
Air: The nearest airport to Dehradun is the Jolly Grant Airport, which is located around 30 km away from the city centre. It is well-connected to major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kolkata. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Dehradun
Train: Dehradun has its railway station which is well-connected to major cities in India such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai. The Dehradun Shatabdi Express is a popular train that connects the city with Delhi. Vande Bharat is also running between Dehradun and Delhi. From the railway station, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach your destination in Dehradun.
Road: Dehradun is well-connected to major cities in North India through a network of roads. National Highway 7 and 72 pass through the city, which makes it easily accessible from nearby towns and cities. You can either take a bus or hire a taxi to reach All three Places by road.
The Phulara Ridge trek is a lesser known trek in the Govind Pashu vihar National park and sanctuary. It is starts from Sankri which is well known for treks like Kedarkantha and Har ki Dun. Phulara ridge is the only trek in India with such long ridge walks which can left you in awe with the granduer of the mountain peaks you see around. Phulara Ridge trek is the best trek for people who are seeking peace and tranquility in the mountains. Away from the crowded trails there will be only few trekkers which will pass on the way leaving the whole place to yourself.
Safety with TSS
The Searching Souls has always taken Safety as the utmost Priority in their Treks. We Have a “Zero Negligence” approach toward Safety. As a result, we have taken the Following Steps.
Medical Tents: TSS is the Only Company in the Country that Pitches dedicated Medical Tents to The Slopes at all their Campsites. The Medical Tents consist of a Stretcher, Oxygen Cylinder, First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, and a few other facilities depending on the Slope and the nature of The Terrain.
Qualified Trek leaders: All Our Trek Leaders are Qualified From the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and have thorough knowledge and experience of the Mountains.
Emergency Planning: Team TSS always plans a step ahead in the Mountains as we believe anything at any time can happen in the Mountains, All Our trek leaders, Camp managers, and Cooks are aware of what should be the Course of Action in case of Medical emergency and Natural Calamities.
TSS Support Team: Safety in the Mountains begins at Home, Proper Planning and preparation are Key in any Mountain Trek. TSS Support Team is always available and will help you prepare better for the Trek through their Expert Knowledge and Guidance.
TSS Jumbo Bags: For executive travelers seeking adventure, trekking is a popular way to explore unfamiliar terrain and find inner peace. However, selecting the right equipment can be crucial to ensure safety and comfort during the journey. TSS recognizes this and offers a solution with their MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY, which includes all necessary gear for a high-altitude trek at an affordable price. The company also emphasizes the importance of quality equipment in ensuring a successful and memorable trek, while cautioning against overpriced or unnecessary items. With TSS, travelers can confidently embark on their trek, knowing they have a reliable companion in their trek bag.
Are you tired of spending a fortune on expensive trekking equipment? Look no further than MY JUMBO BAG – BUDDY.
Why book with TSS?
What should you pack for the Phulara Ridge Trek ?
Basic Trek Essentials
Personal Utilities :
Dayara Bugyal Trek
Hike to a high altitude meadow considered among the highest & largest meadows of the Himalayas offering a panoramic view of gigant...
Gaumukh: The Source of...
Hike to Gaumukh is a challenging trek with scenic views.It is a glacier in the Himalayas which is the source of the Ganges River. ...
Har Ki Dun
It is a beautiful trek in the Himalayas which goes through the Govind National Park, which is famous for its wild flowers especial...