Char Dham Yatra
* Yamunotri * Gangotri * Kedarnath * Badrinath*
In a Nutshell
- Duration: 09 Nights / 10 Days
- Starts from: Dehradun/Haridwar
- Ends at: Haridwar
Char Dham YatraLuxury
- Booking Amount Rs.18200
- 5% GST Extra
Char Dham YatraDeluxe
- Booking Amount Rs.13000
- 5% GST Extra
Char Dham YatraStandard
- Booking Amount Rs.10200
- 5% GST Extra
Send Enquiry & Get Itinerary on Whats App
Call our Char Dham Expert Ms. Nidhi to know more about the trek
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
SUMMARY CHAR DHAM YATRA
|Starting Price (in Rs.)||25500|
About the Char Dham Yatra
Char Dhams are four pilgrimage sites located in the serene heights of the Great Himalayan range of Uttarakhand namely Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath. All four shrines are located to different gods in Hindu mythology. Yamunotri is dedicated to goddess Yamuna, Gangotri is dedicated to goddess Ganga, Kedarnath is dedicated to Lord Shiva, it is one of the Panch Kedars and one of the twelve Jyotirlings of India and Badrinath is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The Yatra starts from Yamunotri then proceeding to Gangotri and finally to Kedarnath and Badrinath. Throughout the journey you will get to see clean environment, high mountains, pure rivers making it a wonderful experience spiritually, religiously that will fill your soul and soothe your eyes. We have most value for money Char Dham Yatra Package which covers 10 Days/9 Nights.
Char Dham Yatra 2023: Opening and Closing Dates
Important Dates and Links:
- Registration Link: https://registrationandtouristcare.uk.gov.in/signin.php
- Helicopter Booking link for Kedarnath: https://heliyatra.irctc.co.in/
Day 1: Dehradun to Barkot/Naugaon, 130 Kms, 5 hrs
- Pick up from Dehradun/Haridwar at 7:00 AM
- Drive to Barkot Via Mussoorie, Kempty Fall. Have some photography and sightseeing on the way.
- Arrival at hotel by evening. Rest of the relax at hotel, you can buy some pahadi stuff from local market
- Dinner followed by rest in Hotel
- Weather in Barkot is pleasant, having 25-30 Degree Celsius temperature
Day 2: Barkot–Yamunotri-Barkot, 45 Km, 5 Km trek
- Early morning drive to Janki Chatti, a 6 km trek starts from here to Yamunotri temple.
- Leave for Yamunotri early morning around 4:00 AM (Breakfast Packed)
- Start trek to Yamunotri temple and return by evening and take dip at the hot kund at Yamunotri Mata Mandir. You can also take horse or Palki at own cost.
- Drive back to Barkot
- Dinner and Rest at hotel in Barkot
Day 3: Barkot to Uttarkashi, 100 Km, 4-5 hrs
- Check out from Hotel after Breakfast
- Travel to Uttarkashi, is a small picturesque hamlet nestled on banks of river the Ganges
- On the way to Uttarkashi, take a pit stop near Harshil/Dharali for some photography.
- Rest and Dinner at Uttarkashi
Day 4: Uttarkashi to Gangotri, Return to Uttarkashi
- Early morning Wake up call
- Leave for Gangotri after Breakfast or on the way
- On arrival at Gangotri take holy dip in the River the Ganges or Bhagirithi.
- Perform pooja and darshan at the temple. Thereafter relax for some time in the serene environment
- Return to Uttarkashi by evening, Uttarkashi is 100 kms from Gangotri
- Dinner and rest in Hotel
Day 5: Uttarkashi to Guptakashi/Sitapur , 197 kms 9 hrs
- Check out from Hotel after Breakfast
- Drive to Guptakashi/Sitapur/Phata from Uttarkashi. Drive through the beautiful hill roads
- Arrival in Hotel by evening. Check in hotel and relax
- Dinner followed by Rest in the hotel
Day 6: Guptakashi/Sitapur to Kedarnath
- Wake up Early and get ready for the Dham of the Lord Shiva i.e. Kedarnath also known as the home of The Lord Shiva.
- Take Shuttle Service from Sonprayag to Gaurikund and Start your trek thereafter
- 18kms trek to Kedarnath temple. ( You Can also opt for Dolli, Pony, Pitthu and Helicopter on your own )
- Reach Kedarnath and one can do to Evening Darshan after taking some rest.
- Dinner and Overnight stay at Hotel/Guest house/GMVN Cottages.
Day 7: Kedarnath to Guptkashi
- Wake up Early around 4 a.m. and witness the Morning Darshan, at Morning you can go inside the GarbhaGriha and see the hump of the Bull.
- After Breakfast trek down from Kedarnath to Sitapur/Guptkashi
- Reach in the Evening followed by Dinner and rest
Day 8: Guptkashi to Badrinath , 180 Kms, 8 hrs
- Wake up Early
- Have Breakfast and check out from the hotel.
- Travel to Badrinath via Chopta. Sight seeing in Chopta Medows.
- Arrival at Badrinath by 7:30 PM. Check in hotel and You can have evening darshan of BadrinathJi.
Day 9: Badrinath to Mana, Drive to Srinagar
- Check out from hotel.
- Morning Darshan at Temple
- Drive to Mana which is the last Indian Village
- Drive to Srinagar. Overnight stay at Srinagar
- Witness Vishnu Prayag, Nandaprayag, Karnaprayag and Rudraprayag on the way
- Srinagar is around 188 km from Badrinath
Day 10: Srinagar to Haridwar, 140 km, 7 hrs
- Leave for Haridwar after Breakfast
- Drive Via Devprayag and Rishikesh
- Evening Aarti at Haridwar and Your trip with TSS Ends
|Barkot||Kumar Residency||Oak and Cedar||Camp Rigveda|
|Uttarkashi||Maneri Lake||Jahnvi||The Great Ganga|
|Guptkashi||New Pandey in||JPG Palace/Mrityunjay Palace||Kedar Camps|
|Kedarnath||Sumeru camps||Kedar Dome Cottages/Jalaram House/Punjab and sind niwas/Shivpuri Gues house||Kedar Dome Cottages/Jalaram House/Punjab and sind niwas/Shivpuri Gues house|
|Badrinath||Badrish||Hotel Badri Valley||Narayan Palace/Snow Crest|
|Srinagar||Urvashi||Shangrilla Resort/Alakananda Tourist Complex||Monal Resort|
Note : Final Hotel booking Depends on availability on particular Dates. In case of unavailability at the time of booking similar category hotels will be provided
Places on the Way
- Booking of hotels depends on hotel availability on the day of booking. In case of non availability equivalent property will be booked
- Helicopter tickets depends on availability
- Prices mentioned is for minimum 04 members, if members are less price will change.
- Special Pooja can be arranged at each Char Dham Yatra which starts from ₹ 1000 And will be booked on the spot but we will have to follow the queue.
- All timings are Ideal and approximate
Quick check list
- Personal Medical Kit: Diamox-Mountain Sickness, Crocin-Fever,
Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam,
Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digeneacidity, Gomez/rimantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band-aids,
ORS, butadiene or antiseptic cream, Moov spray/volini, cotton,
- Personal Care and toiletries – Lip Balm and Cold Cream, Sun
Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+) Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Liquid
soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid
wet tissues as they are not eco-friendly)
- Check List :
- Ruck Sack 65 L
- Rain Cover
- Day Bag 20 L
- 2XQuick Dry T Shirts
- 2XFleece Upper
- Down Jacket
- 2X Pants
- WaterProof Shoes
- Water Bottle
- Sun Cap
- Water Proof Gloves Woolen Cap Woolen Socks
- Upper Thermal/base Insulation
- Head Torch
- Lower Thermal/base Insulation
Char Dham Yatra Package
Planning to experience a spiritual journey and experience the divine energy of these holy abodes?
Uttarakhand, known for its numerous holy sites, is a popular destination for those seeking peace and spirituality. Among these sacred destinations, the state of Uttarakhand hosts the Char Dham Yatra, which includes four well-known abodes of the Hindu gods: Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. Located in various districts of Uttarakhand, these pilgrimage sites are considered Teerth Yatra (pilgrimage) by Hindus and are visited by a large number of people every year.
Importance of the Char Dham Yatra in Hindu Mythology
The Char Dham Yatra is a pilgrimage tour that provides salvation and is visited by over 2 lakh tourists every year. It is believed that the term ‘Char Dham’ was coined by the Hindu philosopher, Shri Adi Shankaracharya, and it means four abodes of God or holy destinations. These four shrines are located in a region known for its captivating mountains covered in snow and unspoiled atmosphere. Each of these four shrines holds great significance in Hindu mythology. Let’s understand more:
Gangotri Dham: Shri Adi Shankaracharya gained freedom from reincarnation in the Shri Badrinath Dham. The journey starts at the doorway to the Yatra, Yamunotri, followed by the renowned Gangotri dham. The pilgrim then visits Shri Kedarnath Dham and finally Shri Badrinath Dham.
Yamunotri Dham: According to Hindu mythology, Yamuna was the sister of Yamraj and on the occasion of Bhai Dooj, Yamraj promised Yamuna that whoever takes a dip in the Yamuna River will not be taken to Yamlok and will attain salvation. Situated at an altitude of 3164 meters above sea level, Yamunotri Dham sanctifies the millions of visitors who come to this holy pilgrimage.
The shrine is dedicated to Goddess Yamuna and is the source of the Yamuna River, making it the westernmost pilgrimage in Garhwal. The major attractions here include the temple devoted to Goddess Yamuna and the sacred thermal springs of Janki Chatti. The environment around Yamunotri Dham is purified by the cold tides of the Yamuna River, while the surroundings are warmed up by the thermal springs, also known as Kunds of the Hindu Goddess Shakti.
Kedarnath: Kedarnath, one of the most important among the 12 jyotirlingas, is located on the Garhwal Mountain Range, amidst the snow-clad peaks, and near the Mandakini River. According to Hindu mythology, when Pandavas sought absolution for their sin of killing their own blood relatives (Kauravas) after the Mahabharata, Lord Shiva disguised himself as a bull to avoid granting their wish. After the Pandavas discovered his true identity, Lord Shiva disappeared, leaving behind only his hump. On this sacred site, the Pandavas built a temple that became known as Kedarnath. This awe-inspiring place also attracts visitors with its mesmerizing beauty. From the snow-covered mountains to the stunning Himalayan range, Kedarnath offers a feast for the eyes. Devotees perform a Rudrabhishek Puja every morning to seek blessings from the Rudra form of Lord Shiva.
Badrinath: Located majestically between the Nar and Narayan Mountain Range, Badrinath is one of the most revered pilgrimage sites in India and is also considered the final leg of Do Dham. Not just devoted, this place equally allures adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers for its beauty.
Badrinath Temple was built to commemorate Lord Vishnu who dedicated himself to mankind. According to Hindu Mythology, it is believed that Lord Shiva meditated for 1000 years under the Badri Tree to welfare mankind. Devotees take a dip in Tapti Kund, which is an important aspect of Badrinath Yatra. This hot water spring is considered the home of Lord Agni.
Vyas Gufa is another important aspect of Badrinath where Maharishi Vyas wrote Mahabharata with the help of Lord Ganesha. Visiting Tibetan Chinese to explore Mana Village is another breathtaking experience for visitors.
How to reach Dehradun?
The Char Dham yatra package commences from Dehradun, the capital of the region, which is located 197 km away and takes approximately 10 hours to reach, with an elevation gain of 1950 m. You can reach Dehradun by :-
Air: The nearest airport to Dehradun is the Jolly Grant Airport, which is located around 25 km away from the city center. It is well-connected to major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kolkata. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Dehradun.
Train: Dehradun has its railway station which is well-connected to major cities in India such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai. The Dehradun Shatabdi Express is a popular train that connects the city with Delhi. From the railway station, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach your destination in Dehradun.
Road: Dehradun is well-connected to major cities in North India through a network of roads. National Highway 7 and 72 pass through the city, which makes it easily accessible from nearby towns and cities. You can either take a bus or hire a taxi to reach Dehradun by road.
Why Experience the spirituality of Char Dham Yatra with The Searching Souls?
Expertise: The Searching Souls is a team of experienced Professionals and Tour Experts who are passionate about sharing their love for the outdoors with others. They have extensive knowledge of all the Four Dham and the surrounding areas, ensuring that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Personalized attention: The Searching Souls do not offer Group packages for The Char Dham. We only Provide Personalized Tour Packages as per your Demands and needs. We Believe that No Compromises should be made in such a long Tour and this Divine Journey should be hassle Free.
Safety: Safety is a top priority for The Searching Souls. All Our Vendors are Trusted and well Reputed
Responsible tourism: The Searching Souls is committed to responsible tourism practices. They follow Leave No Trace principles, minimizing their impact on the environment and also supporting local communities by using local guides and porters.
Memorable experience: Char Dham Yatra with The Searching Souls is not just a trip, but an experience. From the stunning views to the warmth of the local hospitality, the tour is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.
Unlock Your Inner Adventurer with The Searching Souls – Join Our Char Dham Yatras and Create Memories that Last a Lifetime!