Haridwar-Rishikesh : An overview of Spiritual india
Haridwar literally means gateway to the god, is an ancient holy city located in Uttarakhand. It is considered as the holiest place to wash the sins; every year many Hindu pilgrimages visit here to offer prayers, take holy bath in the Ganges and during festivals like Kanwar mela. Apart from this you can also seek spiritual connectivity and enjoy natural beauty around it. Not too far from Haridwar lies Rishikesh, the ultimate sojourn for those looking for some adrenaline rush.
Rishikesh is a city in India’s northern state of Uttarakhand, in the Himalayan foothills beside the Ganges River. It is also known as the “world capital of Yoga”. It is renowned as the centre of studying yoga and meditation. People from all over the world come here to learn yoga and meditation. Located beside the Ganges river, Stunning beauty, great temples and ashrams, lot of adventure sports, meditation centers etc.
Places of Interest
Haridwar holds the status of spirituality for many years, there are mainly temples and Ghats in the city visited by many spiritual seekers from all across the country. Every evening Ganga aarti is performed here that is one of the must witness activities in Haridwar and is a mesmerizing experience.
- Har ki pauri– It means footsteps of God, regarded as one of the most scared Ghats in Haridwar and India, Har Ki Pauri is visited by devotees and visitors in large number seeking the blessings of Holy Ganga by offering their prayers.
- Mansa Devi Temple- Mansa Devi Temple is one of the Five Pilgrimages within Haridwar. It is a Tourist attraction in Haridwar which is a Hindu temple dedicated to Mansa Devi, goddess of Snake. You can reach the temple on foot just 1kms uphill or by ropeway, this place offers the scenic beauty of the haridwar town.
- Rajaji National park- Rajaji National Park is both a national park as well as a tiger reserve in Haridwar. The park was created by the amalgamation of 3 sanctuaries- Rajaji, Motichur and Chilla. The park is located in the Shivalik range of Himalayas. If you are in Haridwar and fond of animals and wildlife you can do the jungle safari here in the forest range.
- Chandi Devi Temple- One of the shaktipeeths at the top of Neel Parvat is Chandi Devi Temple, dedicated to Chandika Devi, who was born out of the energy of Devi Durga to kill the demon king’s Shumbha-Nishumbha. Worshippers visiting this place can opt for a 3km adventurous trek to the hilltop or by a ropeway while experiencing beautiful sights of Haridwar city.
- Local Market- Haridwar is famous for lots of items that are sold in the local market such as Intricately carved stone idols, puja utensils made of brass and copper, beads, cane baskets, glass bangles, and other ornaments. People visit Jwalapur Market for souvenirs, fruits and vegetables and also sweets for which it is famous.
Rishikesh In order to witness best of the town, you must plan a vacation in summer here. There are a number of places to explore and a lot of adventure activities to explore in Rishikesh. Laxman and ram jhula, triveni ghat, The Beatles Ashram, Neer waterfall, Neelkanth Mahadev temple, Swarga ashram, Parmarth Niketan Ashram are some of the popular tourist spots in Rishikesh. If you are an adventure lover you can experience river rafting, Kayaking, Bungee jumping, flying fox, cliff jumping, trekking, camping.
- Laxman and Ram Jhula- The 450 feet long iron suspended bridges – Laxman and Ram Jhula – are the glory of this beautiful tourist hub. Apart from offering scenic beauty, these architectural marvels are important pilgrimage spots and are definitely top places to visit in Rishikesh. One can also visit famous Trayambakeshwar temple, Ram temple, and Laxman temple, situated in the vicinity.
- Triveni ghat– Triveni Ghat is a crowded ghatalongside the river Ganges, with pilgrims bathing around and is one of the points of interest in Rishikesh. It’s altogether a different site during the evening aarti. The spirituality and aura around this place will take you to a different world.Triveni ghat is among the most sacred ghats in Rishikesh with a congruence of three rivers – Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati. A visit to this place will give you an insight to the spiritual beauty of Rishikesh.
- Tera Manzil Temple- This temple is one of the must-visit places in Rishikesh, dedicated to multiple deities, it is marked as one of the most religious places in Rishikesh. The intricate and symmetric architecture, a serene location and the calm vibes offer you an amazing opportunity to worship your deity and witness the most captivating religious rituals in India.
- Parmath Niketan Ashram- Nestled between Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula, lies this oldest ashram of India called as Swarg Ashram which is one of the points of interest in Rishikesh. Built in the remembrance of Swami Vishudhanand, this place is an ideal sojourn. Located at an isolated river bank, it is a perfect mediation site as well. One can simply watch the sunset and enjoy the natural beauty of this place.
- Adventure Sports : Rishikesh is undoubtedly the adventure capital of the Country, from white water rafting, Bungee jump flyingfox, treks Rishikesh has everything an adventure lover will look for
Other places nearby Rishikesh- Haridwar- Rajaji National park,Dehradun, Mussoorie, Devprayag(Confluence of Alaknanda and Bhagirithi river forming the Ganges).
Chandi Devi & Mansa Devi Temple
Ganga Aarti Haridwar
Ram Jhula & Laxman Jhula
Ganga Aarti Rishikesh
Day 01: Haridwar, Evening Aarti at the Ganges
- Arrival at the Hotel as per your Departure from Delhi
- Rest followed by walk to Har ki Pauri, to witness the evening Aarti at Ganga River
- Dinner at the Hotel
Day 02: Haridwar Local sightseeing
- Wake up early in the morning and get ready for the day ahead. You can also visit Har ki pauri early in the morning for the holy dip in the Ganges.
- After breakfast ready for the local sightseeing in Haridwar.
- Visit Mansa Devi temple either on foot or by ropeway. Experience the spirituality, seek the blessings of the deity and enjoy the view of the Haridwar city from there.
- Thereafter we will head towards Chandi Devi temple either on foot or by ropeway.
- Then we can visit Rajaji National park, you can do Jungle Safari if you wish to do so.
- After the Jungle Safari we will head towards Rishikesh via Chilla Dam on the way.
- Reach Rishikesh, Witness evening Ganga aarti at triveni ghat.
- Thereafter you can explore the nightlife of Rishikesh, visit ram and laxman Jhula bridges and temples.
- Check in Hotel; Dinner followed by rest in the hotel
Day 03: Rishikesh Local sightseeing
- Breakfast followed by ready for local sightseeing in Rishikesh.
- Local Excursion: one can go to Ram Jhula, Laxman Jhula, Nilkantha Mahadev temple, Swarga ashram, Tera manzil temple, spend time at evening Aarti at Parmarth Niketan
- Come back to hotel; Dinner followed by rest in the hotel.
Day 04: Departure from Rishikesh
- After Breakfast, You head towards one of the best adventure sports of the Country and experience the White water Rafting in Rishikesh.
- You can also do other adventure activities like Bungee Jumping, trekking, cliff jumping, kayaking etc.
- Departure from Rishikesh to your next destination
Your Trip with TheSearchingSouls Completes here. Have a happy journey ahead.