Rishikesh : Camping , rafting and so on...
About Rishikesh is a city in India’s northern state of Uttarakhand, in the Himalayan foothills beside the Ganges River. It is also known as the “world capital of Yoga”. It is renowned as the centre of studying yoga and meditation. People from all over the world come here to learn yoga and meditation. Rishikesh is one of the most popular destinations among young Indians as well as foreigners. Located beside the Ganges river, Stunning beauty, great temples and ashrams, lot of adventure sports, meditation centers etc. It is known as the ancient city of India blessed with Garhwal Himalayas and the holy Ganges. Rishikesh is full of adventure activities like rafting in the Ganges, bungee jumping, trekking, camping, cliff jumping, flying fox, kayaking, etc.
Places of Interest
In order to witness best of the town, you must plan a vacation in summer here. There are a number of places to explore and a lot of adventure activities to explore in Rishikesh. Laxman and ram jhula, triveni ghat, The Beatles Ashram, Neer waterfall, Neelkanth Mahadev temple, Swarga ashram, Parmarth Niketan Ashram are some of the popular tourist spots in Rishikesh. If you are an adventure lover you can experience river rafting, Kayaking, Bungee jumping, flying fox, cliff jumping, trekking, camping.
- Laxman and Ram Jhula- The iron suspended hanging bridges – Laxman and Ram Jhula – are the glory of this beautiful tourist destination. Apart from offering scenic view of the city and the waves of holy river the Ganges, these architectural marvels are important pilgrimage spots and are definitely top places to visit in Rishikesh. You can also visit famous temples:Ram temple, Laxman temple, situated in the vicinity.
- Triveni ghat– Triveni Ghat is a crowded ghatalongside the river Ganges, with pilgrims bathing around and is one of the points of interest in Rishikesh. It’s altogether a different site during the evening aarti. You can witness the Ganga aarti in the evening. The spirituality and aura around this place is mesmerizing and once in a lifetime experience. Triveni ghat is among the most sacred ghats in Rishikesh with a congruence of three rivers – Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati. You must visit this place if you want to experience the spiritual beauty of Rishikesh.
- The Beatles Ashram- The Maharishi Mahesh Yogi ashram got globally acclaimed after the music band The Beatles visited this serene place. This place will offer you calmness and peace of mind. You can have a quality time here relaxing and meditation. If you are a photographer you must visit this place and art inside you comes out naturally.
- Neer waterfall- Just few kilometers from the Laxman Jhula, you can visit the Neer water fall and enjoy in the crystal water of the waterfall. It can be your memorable visit with your family and friends. It will hold you captive in its eternal beauty. Overall, the place is perfect for a much-needed timeout from the hustle of the hectic traveling. The landscape view from here is beautiful and you can capture the beauty in your cameras to stay it with you forever.
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple- Situated amidst the sylvan forest, the Neelkanth Mahadev Temple is located 12 km from the town of Rishikesh. It is one of the most sacred Shiva shrines in India and also one of the best religious places to see in Rishikesh. The architectural beauty of the temple is the main attraction for architectural lovers. The temple also has a freshwater spring which attracts many devotees for a bath.
- Swarga Ashram- Nestled between Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula, it is the one of oldest ashrams in India and a must to visit place in Rishikesh. Built in the remembrance of Swami Vishudhanand, this place is an ideal sojourn. Located at an isolated river bank, it is a perfect mediation site as well. One can simply watch the sunset and enjoy the natural beauty from this place.
- Parmath Niketan Ashram- Embraced by lush green surroundings, it is located along the banks of the sacred River Ganga and it is visited by devotees from all over the world. The ashram is famous for its scenic location, with over 1,000 rooms for the devotees. You can stay and relax here, also enjoy the beauty of the city and tranquil environment of the place.
- Tera Manzil Temple- This temple is one of the must-visit places in Rishikesh, dedicated to multiple deities, it is marked as one of the most religious places in Rishikesh. The intricate and symmetric architecture, a serene location and the calm vibes offer you an amazing opportunity to worship your deity.
Other places nearby Rishikesh- Rajaji National park, Haridwar, Mussoorie, Devprayag(Confluence of Alaknanda and Bhagirithi river forming the Ganges).
TDay 01: Rishikesh to Campsite
20 km drive, 60 mins approx.
- Arrival at the campsite by 1.p.m. with a brief introduction of the campsite and staff members.
- Activities at the campsite like nature walks, dip in the adjoining river.
- Evening snacks and refreshments with bonfire.
- Dinner at the campsite.
- Night walk amidst the beautiful Jungles of Rishikesh.
Day 02: Campsite to Rafting Site to Rishikesh
20 km drive, 40 mins approx.
- Breakfast at the campsite at 8 a.m.
- Departure from the campsite after breakfast to Rafting site at 9.a.m.
- Pickup from rafting by vehicle in Tapovan and drive to Shivpuri
- 16 Km white water rafting from Shivpuri to Laxman Jhula.
- You tour with us completes after Rafting around 3:00 PM.
Your Trip with TheSearchingSouls Completes here. Have a happy journey ahead